<<<<<<< Jets vs Raiders -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You really think so ? Given the same play calling ? Man I hope Siemian gets to play next week. Have you seen the man play ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Could you imagine Trevor Siemian trying to run away from Maxx Crosby the way Zach did on that final play?  That would be some true comedy.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Zach was not the reason we lost. The play calling is. You can't play perfect ball all the time, but you should be able to come up with a lan to give you a shot. Just Terrible again, and again and again

Hey Zach sucks but havk literally waited till the last quarter to open up and try. Today was bad all around

You either got to get rid of Zack or the OC someone needs to be held accountable 

He may not be the reason we lost but he is certainly the reason we didn't win.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:
Once in awhile I hit a 7 iron flush from about 170 yards out and put it within 8 feet of the hole.  That doesn't make me a good golfer. 
In fact, much like Zach in football, I actually suck. 

Zach played a good game for 4 quarters tonight ... Something he has never done before ... The int was an excellent defensive play ..but ultimately  hes responsible for it ... But it does not cancel our the rest of the game. Hackett did not open up the game until the 4th quarter.

Breece was completely ineffective in the run game.

Edited by Dunnie

7 minutes ago, Grandy said:

The Zach coddling is insane. It's not fair to the rest of the team that, comparatively is better at what they do than him.

Nobody’s coddling him.  They’re analyzing the game and pointing to things in the offense other than him that say there are problems that would not be solved by just changing the QB.  I wish they had gotten a viable backup once Rodgers went down and we know at least 2 were available because other teams got them cheap and are winning with them.  ZW is who he is and is doing everything he can to be better.  I can’t fault him — not in this game anyway — but I can fault the GM or whomever failed to secure more depth at such a vital position as QB once they knew how little they actually had.

• Sympathy 1

Of course most people are blaming Zach. Sounds about right.

Four drives were killed by penalties in opponent's territory. Four. Including a TD that was called back and would have changed the entire trajectory of the game. Not one penalty was committed by Zach.

Garrett Wilson missed a wide open TD throw. All he had to do was lob it up inbounds and Lazard walks into the end zone. Perfect play call, executed terribly.

Garrett Wilson dropped a deep shot that hit him in the breadbasket. Yes it was in traffic but a legit #1 makes that play. Another huge lost opportunity.

Conklin broke up the Hail Mary pass at the end of the game which very well could have been  a TD catch by Garrett Wilson. Zach made a hell of a play just to get it off and a hell of a pass across his body.

But yes blame everything on Zach. The guy who lead the team in rushing, had his best career "time to pass" metric, and put his receivers in position to make plays almost the entire game.

He was the Jets best player on the offensive side of the ball.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

People twist themselves into a KevinC pretzel trying to criticize Zach Wilson.  If some other QB made some of the plays Zach made tonight, the announcers would be showering him with praise.

What plays did Zach make tonight?  He had a couple good athletic throws avoiding pressure.  Good, a handful of throws.  But what else?  Was it the fact that he wasn't complete dogsh!t like he usually is that it made him seem better?

Where were his TD throws?  Where have they been for weeks?  He only completed 23 for 260 yards, so there couldn't have been that many great plays.

• Upvote 2

Could you imagine Trevor Siemian trying to run away from Maxx Crosby the way Zach did on that final play?  That would be some true comedy.

We would have been up by 20 , he would have been in victory formation. 

• Upvote 1

What plays did Zach make tonight?  He had a couple good athletic throws avoiding pressure.  Good, a handful of throws.  But what else?  Was it the fact that he wasn't complete dogsh!t like he usually is that it made him seem better?
Where were his TD throws?  Where have they been for weeks?  He only completed 23 for 260 yards, so there couldn't have been that many great plays.
Please read the post directly above yours.

Just now, Jolot said:

We would have been up by 20 , he would have been in victory formation. 

This is an article from last year discussing Siemian potentially getting into a game for the Bears, behind their horrid OL.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/trent_dilfer_on_possible_trevor_siemian_start_hell_get_destroyed/s1_13132_38162131

Trent Dilfer on possible Trevor Siemian start: 'He'll get destroyed'

By Michael Gallagher  |  Last updated 11/24/22

With Justin Fields admitting he’s battling a shoulder separation and torn ligaments in his left shoulder, the Chicago Bears could be forced to turn to journeyman Trevor Siemian Sunday against the New York Jets.

Though Siemian is a six-year veteran with 29 career starts, his lack of mobility behind the Bears offensive line concerns former Super Bowl-winning quarterback Trent Dilfer, who didn’t pull any punches during a recent radio interview on 670 the Score's Parkins & Spiegel Show.

"He'll get destroyed; he'll get his brains beat in," Dilfer said of Siemian. “It's amazing how much Justin has poured perfume off of their inability to pass protect and pick up basic things.

"…They're very limited in pass protection. I would say as limited as teams that I've played for, and I was at one point the most sacked quarterback in the history of the league."

Dilfer’s concerns are legitimate.

The Bears offensive line has allowed 110 QB pressures, 81 QB hurries, 42 QB knockdowns, 16 sacks, and 10 hits, and Siemian is sacked an average of nearly three times per start.

The Jets have the eighth-best defense with the fourth-highest pressure rate in the NFL (24.9 percent) and the 11th-best pass rush win rate (44 percent).

New York is tied for the fourth-most sacks (32) in the league, and defensive tackle Quinnen Williams is tied for the 10th-most sacks (8) overall and second-most among interior defensive linemen.

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Zach played a good game for 4 quarters tonight ... Something he has never done before ... The int was an excellent defensive play ..but ultimately  hes responsible for it ... But it does not cancel our the rest of the game. Hackett did not open up the game until the 4th quarter.

Breece was completely ineffective in the run game.

Zero offensive TDs….but the QB played a really good game for 4 quarters….it’s literally mind numbing now low the bar has been set . I have no words 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

Delusional.  You are forgetting about Garret.

Garret and Breece would be worlds better than Zach even without touching the ball.

As well as Garrett played, he dropped a TD pass that hit him in the hands and flubbed throwing a pass in that flea flicker that had TD potential all over it.  Too many mistakes, too little execution.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And yet….he’d still likely have found a way to lead an offensive TD drive.  He certainly wouldn’t go nearly 50 offensive drives starting in his own territory without one.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

Once in awhile I hit a 7 iron flush from about 170 yards out and put it within 8 feet of the hole.  That doesn't make me a good golfer. 

In fact, much like Zach in football, I actually suck. 

He didn't make just 1 play. 

He's getting way too much hate.  His 1st 2 years (when he genuinely stunk) conditioned people to think that everything was his fault.  I'm more convinced after tonight's game that there is something there, given the right situation.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Whewwww Josina Anderson spilling some tea, which is coming from inside the building. Someone wanted a real backup option to Rodgers, got denied, and now the season is off the rails and Douglas/Saleh have to find a new post-Rodgers QB. She’s been hinting around this as far back as the draft. 

Gee, it’s like the Jets often do things that are predictably disastrous.  Too bad no one around here was suggesting a better QB2 option.

Mutiny incoming!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is an article from last year discussing Siemian potentially getting into a game for the Bears, behind their horrid OL.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/trent_dilfer_on_possible_trevor_siemian_start_hell_get_destroyed/s1_13132_38162131

Trent Dilfer on possible Trevor Siemian start: 'He'll get destroyed'

By Michael Gallagher  |  Last updated 11/24/22

With Justin Fields admitting he’s battling a shoulder separation and torn ligaments in his left shoulder, the Chicago Bears could be forced to turn to journeyman Trevor Siemian Sunday against the New York Jets.

Though Siemian is a six-year veteran with 29 career starts, his lack of mobility behind the Bears offensive line concerns former Super Bowl-winning quarterback Trent Dilfer, who didn’t pull any punches during a recent radio interview on 670 the Score's Parkins & Spiegel Show.

"He'll get destroyed; he'll get his brains beat in," Dilfer said of Siemian. “It's amazing how much Justin has poured perfume off of their inability to pass protect and pick up basic things.

"…They're very limited in pass protection. I would say as limited as teams that I've played for, and I was at one point the most sacked quarterback in the history of the league."

Dilfer’s concerns are legitimate.

The Bears offensive line has allowed 110 QB pressures, 81 QB hurries, 42 QB knockdowns, 16 sacks, and 10 hits, and Siemian is sacked an average of nearly three times per start.

The Jets have the eighth-best defense with the fourth-highest pressure rate in the NFL (24.9 percent) and the 11th-best pass rush win rate (44 percent).

New York is tied for the fourth-most sacks (32) in the league, and defensive tackle Quinnen Williams is tied for the 10th-most sacks (8) overall and second-most among interior defensive linemen.

Siemian wins this game by 20 tonight…I couldn’t care less what your little article says . 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's getting way too much hate.  His 1st 2 years (when he genuinely stunk) conditioned people to think that everything was his fault.  I'm more convinced after tonight's game that there is something there, given the right situation.

No offensive TDs to speak of and he’s getting too much hate, lol.

QB play is fairly easy in 2023 (at least compared to what it was 2 decades ago) and he’s the worst at it.  If I was the worst at my chosen profession I’d expect some hate too.  Except Zach has $30M+ contract for the privilege.  Must be nice to have all that yet still have legions of people defending him.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

Siemian wins this game by 20 tonight…I couldn’t care less what your little article says . 

Well, you're way off about that (though I'm sure a lot of it is just frustration at another lost season) but I certainly commend you for saying "couldn't care less".  

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Whewwww Josina Anderson spilling some tea, which is coming from inside the building. Someone wanted a real backup option to Rodgers, got denied, and now the season is off the rails and Douglas/Saleh have to find a new post-Rodgers QB. She’s been hinting around this as far back as the draft. 

It’s mock draft Szn officially boys, who y’all like coming out at QB this year ? 
Come On Football GIF by The Roku Channel

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Josina Anderson?!  Really?

7 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Four drives were killed by penalties in opponent's territory. Four. Including a TD that was called back and would have changed the entire trajectory of the game. Not one penalty was committed by Zach.

Garrett Wilson missed a wide open TD throw. All he had to do was lob it up inbounds and Lazard walks into the end zone. Perfect play call, executed terribly.

Garrett Wilson dropped a deep shot that hit him in the breadbasket. Yes it was in traffic but a legit #1 makes that play. Another huge lost opportunity.

Conklin broke up the Hail Mary pass at the end of the game which very well could have been  a TD catch by Garrett Wilson. Zach made a hell of a play just to get it off and a hell of a pass across his body.

But yes blame everything on Zach. The guy who lead the team in rushing, had his best career "time to pass" metric, and put his receivers in position to make plays almost the entire game.

You’re letting facts get in the way of preformed opinions.  ZW is in no way a great, even good QB.  But he did play well tonight and his efforts were sabotaged by others’ failures instead of the other way around — for once.

• Upvote 1

He has improved but the jury is still out on whether there is something there or not.  I was buying what you are selling up to last week.  I am now more than a little doubtful.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DoubleDown said:

Intentional grounding.  That was a drive killer.  His INT at the end of the game was the comeback killer.

He played much better than he usually does.  He made a couple very good throws.  However he is and has been the QB to an inept offense.  He cannot score points and is bad on a week to week basis.  Your attempt to absolve Zach of fault is not 100% correct.

Garret Wilson and Conklin both made some great catches.  I see you glossed over those and just outlined their faults.  Zach was perfect tho.

• Upvote 1

Good QBs find a way to win and good QBs inspire their teammates. Good QBs command respect.  Touchdowns are  important too! No, it's not all Zach's fault but I would bet that this team would play harder for just about any other QB. And I'll bet that we would even score a touchdown or two.  Douglas and Saleh and Woody are snoozing while the season gets pissed away. It's disgusting. Everyone should get a refund.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

For the tldr crowd - Zach sucks and all the players know it leading to the team being demoralized.. 

... but she sure did look great on that no look pass

• Upvote 1

Zero offensive TDs….but the QB played a really good game for 4 quarters….it’s literally mind numbing now low the bar has been set . I have no words 
I said good .. not really good ... He was the best player on the field for the offense tonight .. not close.

I seriously doubt Zach Wilson will want to remain here after this season and I’m sure some GM will catch the truther virus and believe they can save him.

But JD and Saleh picking the next guy ?
I agree.. he's done with NY .. can't really blame him at this point.

Good QBs find a way to win and good QBs inspire their teammates. Good QBs command respect.  Touchdowns are  important too! No, it's not all Zach's fault but I would bet that this team would play harder for just about any other QB. And I'll bet that we would even score a touchdown or two.  Douglas and Saleh and Woody are snoozing while the season gets pissed away. It's disgusting. Everyone should get a refund.
I do feel terrible for the season ticket guys.... Really sucks.

• Upvote 1