<<<<<<< Jets vs Raiders -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hey I started a thread about this very topic. Please read it.  Everyone needs to focus on the team, and we don't need a civil war here.

Calling Jets fans losers is not allowed.

Fine, I’ll stop.  Now go back and ban the rabid Zach defenders who called longtime Jets fans c**ts, nitwits, clowns and casuals.  Thx.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Says the guy Staning for Zach Wilson . Don’t get me started tonight , I’m usually non combative at come here for fun …but 52 years of this sh#%%t trash and to have to listen to people stick up for the worst QB since the merge …I’m over all you people . 

You've dealt with 52 years of this crap?  I apologize then.  And I thought I was disgusted at this franchise.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Did Zach call the three running plays in a row?
Did Zach commit a penalty at the 2 yard line?
Did Zach drop a 50 yard bomb that hit him in the hands ... Or the Hail Mary ?

I want him banished just to see what happens next.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Every excuse in the book will be made for Zach this week.  The truth of the matter:

* Still no TDs since the Giants game, and nearly 50 straight possessions starting in our own territory without a TD

* Can’t assume we’d automatically have gotten a TD or 2 if not for the refs

* Another awful statline tonight (23-39, 59 %, 263 yds, inexcusable INT, fumble)

* 4-5 (you guys want to credit him with the Ws have to eat the Ls too)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When I watch another team I see QBs lighting up the scoreboard despite problems of their own.  Even rookie QBs and journeymen backups.  So I dunno how you think that’s supposed to help your case here.  

Worst run D in football?  Chargers were the worst pass D.  Didn’t see you hammering Zach after that performance.

I'm not defending Zach in any other way other than saying there are a lot of problems with this offense that need to be fixed before you can even consider Zach.  I'm quite confident that Rodgers playing in this offense does not make it look drastically better.  Although he may squeak out a few more points because he's Aaron freaking Rodgers.

The reason this is so frustrating is because the D is good enough to win the superbowl.  I get it.  But no QB in football is going to step behind this line, with all these penalties and drops and lead a team to a championship.  No QB that's ever lived.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rtnelson said:

I'm not defending Zach in any other way other than saying there are a lot of problems with this offense that need to be fixed before you can even consider Zach.  I'm quite confident that Rodgers playing in this offense does not make it look drastically better.  Although he may squeak out a few more points because he's Aaron freaking Rodgers.

The reason this is so frustrating is because the D is good enough to win the superbowl.  I get it.  But no QB in football is going to step behind this line, with all these penalties and drops and lead a team to a championship.  No QB that's ever lived.

Trevor Siemian wins tonight’s game as well as the NE game.  That puts us at 6-3 and in the hunt for a home playoff game.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, rtnelson said:

Boyle wins this game by 10 tonight 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

How long have you been a fan?  Darnold, Sanchez, and Geno got far more hate with MUCH less to work with. 

That's pretty shocking considering Zach gets hate for every single ball that is 3 inches off from perfect. (Slight hyperbole of course, but only slightly.)

Every excuse in the book will be made for Zach this week.  The truth of the matter:

* Still no TDs since the Giants game, and nearly 50 straight possessions starting in our own territory without a TD

* Can’t assume we’d automatically have gotten a TD or 2 if not for the refs

* Another awful statline tonight (23-39, 59 %, 263 yds, inexcusable INT, fumble)

* 4-5 (you guys want to credit him with the Ws have to eat the Ls too)

No doubt he didn't win the game ... But the sad fact is ... He was the best player on the offensive side of the ball tonight.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, ausman said:

Then, Colon is too I suppose.  Oh… and you’re a football genius disguised by beer guzzling, chip chomping and unable to get off the couch without a crane.  Got it.  All they did was play the game at a high level.

In my role as devil's advocate I must point out that one you become a TV talking head you are no longer responsible for the crap you are saying.  Your mandate is to fill air time and be controversial.  Truth and wisdom are very low priorities.     

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trevor Siemian wins tonight’s game as well as the NE game.  That puts us at 6-3 and in the hunt for a home playoff game.  

I really don't think he does.  I'm sure we'll get a chance sometime this year.  Zach has a pretty consistent injury history and is consistently getting hit.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You really think so ? Given the same play calling ? Man I hope Siemian gets to play next week. Have you seen the man play ?

Edited by Dunnie

Zach was not the reason we lost. The play calling is. You can't play perfect ball all the time, but you should be able to come up with a lan to give you a shot. Just Terrible again, and again and again

Hey Zach sucks but havk literally waited till the last quarter to open up and try. Today was bad all around

You either got to get rid of Zack or the OC someone needs to be held accountable 

• Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

At this point, I'm sure he would gladly accept going to almost any other team in the NFL.  I've never seen so much hate thrown at a QB put in a position as bad as he has for the past 3 years.  It really is unbelievable.

Can he make more plays?  Damn right he can.  But seemingly every single time he makes some good throws and gets the ball moving.  There are flags everywhere.  It's unreal at this point.  And they're playing against the worst run D in football and can't run for more than 2 yards a carry.  It's sickening.  Absolutely freaking gross.

Seemingly every single time he makes good throws there's a flag - that's because he does it so seldom.

Even the number of penalties and the few drops today were nowhere near as gross as Zach's play in the past.  Clearly you forget the games his rookie year and last year where he was dirting balls left and right.  I've never seen so much suck-up thrown at the worst starting QB in NFL history.  It really is unbelievable.

No doubt he didn't win the game ... But the sad fact is ... He was the best player on the offensive side of the ball tonight.

Even if that were true….about friggin time.  How many times has he been a top 3 performer on offense for this team?  Twice?  3x?  Out of 31 games?  He’s the friggin QB.  He should be a top 3 performer half the time he steps on the field.  

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

How long have you been a fan?  Darnold, Sanchez, and Geno got far more hate with MUCH less to work with. 

Sanchez had a terrific OL and running game.

Darnold and Geno I think both had complete sh-t to work with.

But even if you're right, I'm not sure that's the only thing to look at.  I look at Zach and think that there is an offense that he can succeed in.  If you put him in Brock Purdy's position, I think there's a real chance that he'd be a heck of a QB.  Some of the things he did tonight were extremely impressive.  I really do see the potential.  I think it's far more on the personnel (and to a somewhat lesser degree, coaching.  I say lesser because good players always make coaches look smarter).

Zach was not the reason we lost. The play calling is. You can't play perfect ball all the time, but you should be able to come up with a lan to give you a shot. Just Terrible again, and again and again
Hey Zach sucks but havk literally waited till the last quarter to open up and try. Today was bad all around
You either got to get rid of Zack or the OC someone needs to be held accountable 
Agree ..

1 minute ago, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

Seemingly every single time he makes good throws there's a flag - that's because he does it so seldom.

Even the number of penalties and the few drops today were nowhere near as gross as Zach's play in the past.  Clearly you forget the games his rookie year and last year where he was dirting balls left and right.  I've never seen so much suck-up thrown at the worst starting QB in NFL history.  It really is unbelievable.

All the flag are a sign of poor coaching...so it the game plan

You really think so ? Given the same play calling ? Man I hope Siemian gets to play next week. Have you seen the man play ?

That’s how low the bar is dude.  Siemian can get us an offensive TD from time to time.  That wins tonight and against NE.  That’s all it took for Minshew to beat NE today.  NE is 2-8!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

But even if you're right, I'm not sure that's the only thing to look at.  I look at Zach and think that there is an offense that he can succeed in.  If you put him in Brock Purdy's position, I think there's a real chance that he'd be a heck of a QB.  Some of the things he did tonight were extremely impressive.  I really do see the potential.  I think it's far more on the personnel (and to a somewhat lesser degree, coaching.  I say lesser because good players always make coaches look smarter).

Shanahan would take one look at Zach in practice and be calling Dallas to see if they could get Lance back.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

People twist themselves into a KevinC pretzel trying to criticize Zach Wilson.  If some other QB made some of the plays Zach made tonight, the announcers would be showering him with praise.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Once in awhile I hit a 7 iron flush from about 170 yards out and put it within 8 feet of the hole.  That doesn't make me a good golfer. 

In fact, much like Zach in football, I actually suck. 

• Upvote 2

People twist themselves into a KevinC pretzel trying to criticize Zach Wilson.  If some other QB made some of the plays Zach made tonight, the announcers would be showering him with praise.

He’s 36th in EPA.  No twisting necessary.

And announcers always shower players with praise.  That isn’t relevant.  Even Collinsworth was doing it at times.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That’s how low the bar is dude.  Siemian can get us an offensive TD from time to time.  That wins tonight and against NE.  That’s all it took for Minshew to beat NE today.  NE is 2-8!

And somehow nothing will change next week and the week after that. The team is run by idiots. 

• Upvote 1

What plays did he make ? Describe said plays . 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

I'm not talking about his rookie year or his dreadful play last year, or him stinking it up to start the year.  This offense is bad.  2.5 seconds pocket time for a QB that "holds the ball too long".

I'm not even saying Zach is good.  But this hyperbole about how he is seemingly the start and end of our offensive problems is just bizarre.

I know you guys are frustrated.  I am too.  But it really is unreal how much negative talk there is on Zach.

I don't know if I post enough for you guys to know, I call out bad play from Zach and poke fun myself.  But the game I watched tonight, and last week are not examples of the QB being the problem.  And it's so strange to me that ya'll can't see it.

2 yards a carry against the worst run defense in football.