<<<<<<< Jets vs Raiders -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

I’m just gonna paste this post all week:

You loser Zach apologists will make every excuse in the book this week.

The truth of the matter:

* Still no TDs since the Giants game, and nearly 50 straight possessions starting in our own territory without a TD

* Can’t assume we’d automatically have gotten a TD or 2 if not for the refs

* Another awful statline tonight (23-39, 59 %, 263 yds, inexcusable INT, fumble)

* 4-5 (you guys want to credit him with the Ws have to eat the Ls too)

Jake Asman is that you ? Tell the truth.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Tonight was his 3rd best game ... Played really well ...

Another game with zero TDs in 2023 NFL where it’s essentially 2 hand touch  and the QB “ played well “ …you people have some sort of Stockholm syndrome or PTSD ….I’m at a loss for words 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was going to post this as well but then I remembered a lot probably had to do with getting AR8 to agree to come here.  

It feels a lot like once JD landed Rodgers, he and the coaching staff just felt they could sit back and let Rodgers take them to the promised land.  Well, dude lasted like three seconds, and now we’re stuck with no backup plan at QB, a bunch of crappy/ineffective former Packers, and a GM who wasted an entire draft on guys that can’t get on the field instead of picking up a top WR or OT or anything to help the anemic offense.    

For JD’s sake, he better pray like hell Rodgers gets on the field this year or next and delivers.  Otherwise, he, Saleh, and goofball Hackett should be shown the door.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Talent that never leads to production is useless.  It’s like he’s got skills at the least important stuff a QB needs.  The Jamal Adams of QBs, if you will.  A VCR Repairman in 2023.

Somehow worth 40 mil after we pick up his 5th year option LOL

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

People wanna kill Zach fine. QB gets all the glory and gets all the blame. They are putrid right now. Gotta to find a way to score TD’s. 

The OL stinks. The penalties are a joke right now, The WR’s not named Garett Wilson sucks, and Zach, while I thought was ok tonight, still not good enough. 

Looks like Rangers hockey from here on out

OL pretty much held Crosby in check. Problem is the QB. The stats look kinda OK, but they're always behind so the passing yards are desperation late 4th quarter stuff more than moving the ball. 38 non TD drives is simply not getting anything done. Another game where the opponent looked at this offense and for the most part kept it simple and waited for the Jets offensive mistakes.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only when Zach loses, right? 

Once again:

You loser Zach apologists will make every excuse in the book this week.

The truth of the matter:

* Still no TDs since the Giants game, and nearly 50 straight possessions starting in our own territory without a TD

* Can’t assume we’d automatically have gotten a TD or 2 if not for the refs

* Another awful statline tonight (23-39, 59 %, 263 yds, inexcusable INT, fumble)

* 4-5 (you guys want to credit him with the Ws have to eat the Ls too)

I can’t do this any longer with the Zach crew …I’m with you . Losers  gonna lose . 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, TheAustrian said:

you can throw the ball out of bounds - but I guess you never heard of it because with Wilson its only Sack, Fumble or Int

So... intentional grounding?  Same as a sack.  He got hit .1 seconds after he threw the ball.  He was in the pocket, and once again had no time.

He has 2.5 seconds of "pocket time" and that's not because he is some lightning quick processor.  He is consistently getting pressure in under 2.5 seconds.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Worst offense in the league by far and QB is the most important employee in the building.

Again, you loser apologists wanted to argue Zach was playing “well enough to win”?  Time to take the Ls too.  Can’t eat your cake and have it too.  

Yeah, Zach takes this L.  And he wasn't the reason we won the prior games.  Now what?

This offense has to change, and not just a single position.  Put a color filter on your screen and pretend you're watching another team.  It's laughable at all the problems this offense has that isn't the QB position.

2 yards a carry against the worst run D in football.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Counterpoint: Bart is a moron

Then, Colon is too I suppose.  Oh… and you’re a football genius disguised by beer guzzling, chip chomping and unable to get off the couch without a crane.  Got it.  All they did was play the game at a high level.

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Yeah, Zach takes this L.  And he wasn't the reason we won the prior games.  Now what?

This offense has to change, and not just a single position.  Put a color filter on your screen and pretend you're watching another team.  It's laughable at all the problems this offense has that isn't the QB position.

2 yards a carry against the worst run D in football.

When I watch another team I see QBs lighting up the scoreboard despite problems of their own.  Even rookie QBs and journeymen backups.  So I dunno how you think that’s supposed to help your case here.  

Worst run D in football?  Chargers were the worst pass D.  Didn’t see you hammering Zach after that performance.

• Upvote 4

Was Zach horrific, no..  Did he just QB another game without a TD against a D that other teams torch, yes.  He's not fking good enough.  Period.  Get him off my team FFS. 
I agree .. I'm looking forward to the day this topic is not possible. Releasing him tomorrow would be a good thing.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Worst offense in the league by far and QB is the most important employee in the building.

Again, you loser apologists wanted to argue Zach was playing “well enough to win”?  Time to take the Ls too.  Can’t eat your cake and have it too.  

Hey I started a thread about this very topic. Please read it.  Everyone needs to focus on the team, and we don't need a civil war here.

Calling Jets fans losers is not allowed.

Just now, Pac said:

Was Zach horrific, no..  Did he just QB another game without a TD against a D that other teams torch, yes.  He's not fking good enough.  Period.  Get him off my team FFS. 

At this point, I'm sure he would gladly accept going to almost any other team in the NFL.  I've never seen so much hate thrown at a QB put in a position as bad as he has for the past 3 years.  It really is unbelievable.

Can he make more plays?  Damn right he can.  But seemingly every single time he makes some good throws and gets the ball moving.  There are flags everywhere.  It's unreal at this point.  And they're playing against the worst run D in football and can't run for more than 2 yards a carry.  It's sickening.  Absolutely freaking gross.

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t think Zach has ever “won” a game for the Jets, but he didn’t lose this one.  Others did that this time.  If you can’t see that maybe you’re generalized ZW hate is blinding you a bit.

When I watch another team I see QBs lighting up the scoreboard.  Even rookie QBs and journeymen backups.  So I dunno how you think that’s supposed to help your case here.  
Did Zach call the three running plays in a row?
Did Zach commit a penalty at the 2 yard line?
Did Zach drop a 50 yard bomb that hit him in the hands ... Or the Hail Mary ?

I want him banished just to see what happens next.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

So... intentional grounding?  Same as a sack.  He got hit .1 seconds after he threw the ball.  He was in the pocket, and once again had no time.

He has 2.5 seconds of "pocket time" and that's not because he is some lightning quick processor.  He is consistently getting pressure in under 2.5 seconds.

Irrelevant.  Watch around the league.  Every QB deals with it.  There are countless rookies starting and very few are struggling similar to Zach and this offense.

Washington's Howell has been sacked 16 more times than Zach and is tearing it up.  Zach holds the ball and has bad timing.

• Upvote 2