Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

19 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I’m expecting the Jets to end up with the 3rd pick and select Marvin Harrison Jr.

I think even at two they select Harrison. 

What's the consensus of Marvin Harrision Jr. versus the two LT's?

I typically err on the side of lineman but is Harrision like the slam dunk best wideout prospect since Calvin Johnson?  Would we take him over Alt and Fashanu?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I typically err on the side of lineman but is Harrision like the slam dunk best wideout prospect since Calvin Johnson?  Would we take him over Alt and Fashanu?

If mhj comes out this yr and he's available you take him and figure the rest out. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As someone who has barely seen any of these guys, just based on hype, I would take MHJ.  If you can get a superstar skill position player that would be something.  And if we pair up MHJ with GW, I do believe in the idea that "pressure bursts pipes".  As in, you can't double-cover everyone.  If you try to double-team GW and MHJ then someone else will be open.  

If Harrison Jr. is on the board whenever/wherever we pick then he should absolutely be the pick unless Drake Maye is on the board which obviously won't happen.

36 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I think he is viewed in that Calvin Johnson level. So a better prospect than Chase.

I think Rodgers will jump on the table for him.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As someone who has barely seen any of these guys, just based on hype, I would take MHJ.  If you can get a superstar skill position player that would be something.  And if we pair up MHJ with GW, I do believe in the idea that "pressure bursts pipes".  As in, you can't double-cover everyone.  If you try to double-team GW and MHJ then someone else will be open.  

I'll take it a step further and say that I think if Arizona is sitting at #2 and it's between Harrison Jr, trade down, or one of Caleb/Maye....I think they take Harrison Jr.

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

I think he is viewed in that Calvin Johnson level. So a better prospect than Chase.

I think Rodgers will jump on the table for him.

Counterpoint, Rodgers hates throwing to rookie WRs.

I still think it's worth it though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

Well we would leapfrog Washington and New England because of the losses. Chicago plays Arizona so we would leapfrog the winner. I guess there a chance that New England gets #3 still on SoS but I don't think so

I don’t know how SOS plays out for New England but it’s close. Lots of overlap obviously. Even the loss itself should make SOS closer between the two teams. Only .002 off the Giants in SOS too. Washington a lock if Jets lose out of course and Chicago/Arizona winner likely.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, derp said:

I don’t know how SOS plays out for New England but it’s close. Lots of overlap obviously. Even the loss itself should make SOS closer between the two teams. Only .002 off the Giants in SOS too. Washington a lock if Jets lose out of course and Chicago/Arizona winner likely.

Giants play a few difficult teams still

Based on draft slot

1 or 2 = Trade out

3 = MHJ

4 = Alt

5 = Fashanu

If we were to trade down (outside of top 5), Bowers, Coleman, Latham, Nabers Odunze and Fuaga are players I'd be interested in.

Jets will have plenty of money to do whatever they want in FA too.

Per OTC

Image 1: current = $37m

Image 2: cut Uzomah & Bawden + Restructure Reed & Conklin = $55m

Image 3: same as above + Restructure JFM & Mosley = $75m

The other years update as well so you can see what space is available for 2025 and 2026.

Screenshot_20231208_124404_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231208_124602_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231208_124635_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Based on draft slot

1 or 2 = Trade out

3 = MHJ

4 = Alt

5 = Fashanu

If we were to trade down (outside of top 5), Bowers, Coleman, Latham, Nabers Odunze and Fuaga are players I'd be interested in.

Jets will have plenty of money to do whatever they want in FA too.

Per OTC

Image 1: current = $37m

Image 2: cut Uzomah & Bawden + Restructure Reed & Conklin = $55m

Image 3: same as above + Restructure JFM & Mosley = $75m

The other years update as well so you can see what space is available for 2025 and 2026.

Screenshot_20231208_124404_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231208_124602_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231208_124635_Chrome.jpg

If they’re in the top 3 i could see them trading out.  Would like to see a qb taken on day 2. 

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

Kiper said at one point this season he’s gonna end up with pre draft grades of Fitz and Calvin. Seems like the kind of talent you have to bring in if you can. Rodgers would prob bang the table for him

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bay Ridge Jet said:

Kiper said at one point this season he’s gonna end up with pre draft grades of Fitz and Calvin. Seems like the kind of talent you have to bring in if you can. Rodgers would prob bang the table for him

When you have a difference making talent, especially on offense, take him. Don't get cute with the trade down stuff....3 ok players don't impact each game like 1 elite player.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

If you are drafting Top 3 and you have 1 of the QBs there as BPA. You take him. Period. You simply do not pass on a FQB just because others failed. The NFL is 80% about the QB you have

Cause that's worked for this team so far ... I say trade down for a ransom.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

Slam dunk best WR prospect since AJ Green/Julio Jones, but probably one since Calvin Johnson. Not in the Johnson tier but that’s not much of a knock, Johnson was a unicorn. Definitely a completely different tier of prospect than the tackles in this class.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

If you are drafting Top 3 and you have 1 of the QBs there as BPA. You take him. Period. You simply do not pass on a FQB just because others failed. The NFL is 80% about the QB you have

That's if you deem them a franchise QB, I'd rather trade out personally. Jayden Daniels is the only QB I'm really interested in and at this point does not appear to be a top 2 pick.

• Upvote 1

It really depends on what the Jets do in free agency before the draft

If Joe D acquires 2 top end Oline starts, specifically a LT - does he still take a LT in the top 5-10 picks? Maybe not.

If Joe D acquires Davante Adams, would he still consider drafting Marvin Harrison Jr? Maybe or maybe not.

But he HAS to fill major holes in free agency/trade market before the draft.

The weapons position (WR, TE) or Oline needs to be COMPLETELY SOLIDIFIED before the draft. Preferably both.