3 minutes ago, Pac said:

They didn't bring ARod here to blow it up without having seen what it will look like.  It's not happening. 

Agree

i wanted rodgers and still do but have to realize with what I’ve seen this year with player personnel and coaching, even if rodgers is at his mvp level, this is prob a 6 win team next year

then it all gets blown up yet again

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Are there any credible GM/HC there at this time that would be perfect for their respective positions? Any considerations for OC ?

There are always credible candidates for GM.  But Fans almost never have any idea who they are because Fans are not privy to the inside workings of NFL front offices around the league, and rarely know anyone other than the GM's themselves for most teams, if that.

Same goes for Coaches.  In all of the NFL, all of College, of course there are dozens of credible candidates.  Same issue, most fans simply don't know other teams coaching staffs in that level of detail beyond a few "hot" options, and more so for the college ranks.

But it doesn't matter, because the Jets are not firing anyone, they're running it back with this GM, this staff, and Rodgers, so what is the point of the question other than making yourself feel worse about it?

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is correct on this one though.  The three jobs you mentioned are totally safe for the beginning of next year.

I thought that too, but if the Jets keep on kicking field goals and losing games, I think Joe Douglas will pay the price with an embarrassing 4-13 record in 2023, with one of the most woeful offenses in the history of the NFL. You can't blame 4-13 on just the Aaron Rodgers injury. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I thought that too, but if the Jets keep on kicking field goals and losing games, I think Joe Douglas will pay the price with an embarrassing 4-13 record in 2023, with one of the most woeful offenses in the history of the NFL. You can't blame 4-13 on just the Aaron Rodgers injury. 

If jd goes then they all go

now they are back to who would want the gm and coach job knowing you have rodgers 1 maybe 2 years and no one behind him

as usual jets in a tough situation 

10 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Agree

i wanted rodgers and still do but have to realize with what I’ve seen this year with player personnel and coaching, even if rodgers is at his mvp level, this is prob a 6 win team next year

then it all gets blown up yet again

I disagree..  The o line being ravaged by injuries yet again was almost as bad as losing a rod.  It's impossible to win with a new starting line every week. - especially when it's filled with rookies or in the case of many weeks 3rd stringers or guys just picked up a week or 2 before. 

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

They dont want to win games.  If LT is what they want in the draft, they can get the best one by losing out.

Losing is benefiting Douglas and Saleh, not being a detriment.

This is a tank job fellas.  No one on this regime wants to win another game this year and they are coaching like it.

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

If jd goes then they all go

now they are back to who would want the gm and coach job knowing you have rodgers 1 maybe 2 years and no one behind him

as usual jets in a tough situation 

If I'm a GM I wouldn't mind having Rodgers as my starting quarterback in 2024, and I damn sure would have a better backup than what the Jets currently have right now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They dont want to win games.  If LT is what they want in the draft, they can get the best one by losing out.

Losing is benefiting Douglas and Saleh, not being a detriment.

This is a tank job fellas.  No one on this regime wants to win another game this year and they are coaching like it.

Joe Douglas put us in this position to have to tank in 2023. That alone means he should be fired. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

I disagree..  The o line being ravaged by injuries yet again was almost as bad as losing a rod.  It's impossible to win with a new starting line every week. - especially when it's filled with rookies or in the case of many weeks 3rd stringers or guys just picked up a week or 2 before. 

Fair points but oh the coaching staff

the penalties, lack of discipline, not being prepared, rodgers can only do so much

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

The OL has been ravaged by injuries three years in a row. 

Nobody is getting canned after the season. The bigger issue is that when the time is right to clean house again, probably this time next year, the Woody factor will come into play. Once again, no A list candidate will want to get within 20 miles of that dolt. Two of the greatest coaches in the history of sports, Belichik and Parcells, couldn’t get away from Woody fast enough. Nothing has, or ever will change, until Woody no longer owns this team. This is possibly the least desirable franchise to work for in pro sports and it is not hard to figure out why. 

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Woody is the furthest thing from Al Davis who would hire whoever the hell he wanted regardless of what the league wanted.

Woody in fact asks the league who he SHOULD hire...so that pretty much ends this discussion lol.

probably his good buds in NE, BUF and MIA who he sees twice a year and anyway they do take care of him in the lux suites.