Which team will Zach Wilson start for next year after we trade him?

Biggs

At this point, let the kid go.  Idk if it'll be the Steelers, the Vikings, the Rams or what but it doesn't matter how well he does if he stays here.  The second he has a bad game we'll be going right back to the same argument.

Jets will have AR back next year, go get a Minshew, Dobbs, Mills or whatever to back him up so we can move on from the ridiculous phase of blaming the QB or the staff that we've had for the past three years straight.  And of course even longer for most of ya'll.

If Zach goes somewhere else and balls out and the Jets go back to the QB carousel I'll be pissed.  But at this point I'd rather this be over so we can start hating on the next QB once AR hangs it up.  At least it'll be fresh for a few weeks.

• Upvote 1

I doubt he'll start with another team in 2024. My thinking was the Raiders but we don't know what their org thinks about ZW. He lives in Utah nearest to LV and his base is close by which could affect the LVR. He has fans in that area. And maybe in that environment he'd develop better than he has here. Not every player is good in NY. You'd think next season Jimmy G will be gone from the Raiders (if possible salary wise he has a big contract) and O'Connell is starting but not that good. 

17 hours ago, Biggs said:

Thinking about who needs a top starter for the next 10 years.

Carolina, New England, MN, Pittsburgh, TN, Raiders, NY Giants, Washington, Tampa Bay, NY Jets.

AZ might be in the market and it's close to home.

My prediction.  He will replace Stafford in LA and be reunited with Lefluer and McVay.  Rodgers will slip and fall during the offseason while tripping on acid and never play a down for the NY Jets.  

Are you trolling or serious dawg ? 🤣 there is not a chance zach will be a starter. He will be a qb3 somewhere next yr. Maybe here. If he was on the giants clearly he would be 4th on their depth chart lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

17 hours ago, varjet said:

He is not a Steeler.

He will try to find his way closer to home.  Las Vegas, Arizona.  Maybe Tennessee because that is where everyone wants to live.  

Maybe MN.  The Jets owns Zach at $11mm cap next year and then the 5th year option.   I don't know how we afford AR8 in 2025 and Zach on the 5th year option.   5YO is projected for Zach at $19.1mm.  

He would be perfect in GB.

48 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I doubt he'll start with another team in 2024. My thinking was the Raiders but we don't know what their org thinks about ZW. He lives in Utah nearest to LV and his base is close by which could affect the LVR. He has fans in that area. And maybe in that environment he'd develop better than he has here. Not every player is good in NY. You'd think next season Jimmy G will be gone from the Raiders (if possible salary wise he has a big contract) and O'Connell is starting but not that good. 

They may draft a qb. Depending on where they finish. If so Zach wouldn’t even be the qb3 for them. 

17 hours ago, Biggs said:

Carolina, New England, MN, Pittsburgh, TN, Raiders, NY Giants, Washington, Tampa Bay, NY Jets.

My prediction.  He will replace Stafford in LA and be reunited with Lefluer and McVay.  Rodgers will slip and fall during the offseason while tripping on acid and never play a down for the NY Jets.  

Zach will not start for any team next season. If he can string some good games together, his trade value would increase if the Jets decide to go in that direction. However, I think any interest in him would be as a back up.

• Haha 1

I’m really hoping he finishes this season strong. 

Either we get a draft pick for him in the offseason OR he plays his way onto the team next year and this board’s Zach Wilson obsession reaches new heights and we have a fun offseason screaming at each other. What’s not to like?  

14 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They may draft a qb. Depending on where they finish. If so Zach wouldn’t even be the qb3 for them. 

The Jimmy G contract might be hard to get rid of. Not sure if possible. NEP could be interested in bringing him back esp if BB is still around. He never wanted to trade him to SF in the first place. I think Zach could compete there but they will probably have a new FO and CS next season. Maybe other teams interested in trading for Zach esp if he plays well down the stretch. 

17 hours ago, BurntDice said:

This would 100% be the best outcome. The odds of Zach turning it around tho are very very low,  but hopefully it finally clicked for him 

Seems like KC he made that step up. He is executing plays called, he even now is extending plays when needed. That cross body to Wilson last game was incredible. Not many QBs make that throw. It's nice to see his talent catch up to his thinking...I credit Rodger for this obviously. First time he has had a good coach. 

No one questions QW right now but it took him a couple years and really unlocked with actual high level coaching and instruction. Well Zach now had that, he will do himself alot of good riding the pine next year with Rodgers.

When he does take over he is going to have a long and very rich career

• Ugh 1

41 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The Jimmy G contract might be hard to get rid of. Not sure if possible. NEP could be interested in bringing him back esp if BB is still around. He never wanted to trade him to SF in the first place. I think Zach could compete there but they will probably have a new FO and CS next season. Maybe other teams interested in trading for Zach esp if he plays well down the stretch. 

Ya man. Jimmy G, Daniel jones, even Derek carr are qbs teams would love to dump, but are stuck with at least next yr. Assuming jets still sign a reputable vet backup, a team can poach zach from practice squad, assuming they pick up his salary. I still think they will trade him. It won’t be for much.

14 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Rams as a backup to Stafford and a dice-roll on future starting potential.

Lol he's never going to a LaFleur coached team. In fact it is extrremely unlikely they trade him, but now that he has had an unarguably good game it is the Zach haters new rallying call.

44 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ya man. Jimmy G, Daniel jones, even Derek carr are qbs teams would love to dump, but are stuck with at least next yr. Assuming jets still sign a reputable vet backup, a team can poach zach from practice squad, assuming they pick up his salary. I still think they will trade him. It won’t be for much.

Man you read some dumb crap on this board but this one is awesomely bad.  No team can poach Zach from the PS. Jets would have to cut him and he would sign as a FA with someone.

2 hours ago, rtnelson said:

At this point, let the kid go.  Idk if it'll be the Steelers, the Vikings, the Rams or what but it doesn't matter how well he does if he stays here.  The second he has a bad game we'll be going right back to the same argument.

Jets will have AR back next year, go get a Minshew, Dobbs, Mills or whatever to back him up so we can move on from the ridiculous phase of blaming the QB or the staff that we've had for the past three years straight.  And of course even longer for most of ya'll.

If Zach goes somewhere else and balls out and the Jets go back to the QB carousel I'll be pissed.  But at this point I'd rather this be over so we can start hating on the next QB once AR hangs it up.  At least it'll be fresh for a few weeks.

Counting on Rodgers is flat idiotic. The QB room needs to be overhauled with the expectation that Rodgers will not be available as QB.  L:ike 18 teams already have started at least one back up in the NFL and similar numbers last year. Expecting a 41 year old QB coming off an achilles and a serious calf issue to play 16 games is probably not the brightest idea.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It depends on how he does. If lights out rest of season like he was in 2nd half on Sunday there will be a better market and interest. But that depends on a lot of factors.  He was good on Sunday because his skill position players made plays, no crucial drops like previous games. No killer penalties that killed drives. Hackett called an aggressive game. Instead of his typical run up the middle on every first down more diversity in offense. Instead of starting a series with a 2nd and 10 often had more makeable chances to make first downs and they did. 

Jets run the table with Zach, squeeze into the playoffs and make the Super Bowl. Game is tied with 30 seconds left. Zach throws a no look pass that goes for 46 yards and a TD to GW. That play is forever etched in Super Bowl and New York Jets history. Jets trade Zach in the offseason and are without a starter from 2025 - 2050. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Biggs said:

My prediction is that he will be traded to Carolina for a 4th round draft pick.  They will take another risk with the Jets after Darnold failed in Carolina for a 6th round pick, 4th round pick and a 2nd round pick.  The Jets will not want to trade him to another AFC team.