If the Jets lose to the Commanders…

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Saleh negotiated a free pass a few weeks ago when they put Zach back in after the benching. Team Zach got their wish to be traded after the season, Saleh got a clean slate, Douglas placated Woody by getting Zach back out there, and they’ll go into next year with largely the same bunch. They’ll sacrifice a position coach and maybe Keith Carter to appease the locker room, but that’ll be it.

Zach’s not gone until he’s gone. It’s going to be Woodys call again.  Getting him off the roster would make me feel better about this group coming back though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Jigsaw89 said:

If the jets lose  to the commanders we'll be sitting pretty in the draft. 

Here is my fear:

We somehow wind up with the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

The Bears (with the Panthers pick) take Caleb Williams.  The OBVIOUS choice is Drake Maye.  Do we pull the trigger?  Do we trade the pick for a BOATLOAD of picks, move down in the draft, and pick whatever OT is available not named Joe Alt?  

I don't like any of how this could play out. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Saleh negotiated a free pass a few weeks ago when they put Zach back in after the benching. Team Zach got their wish to be traded after the season, Saleh got a clean slate, Douglas placated Woody by getting Zach back out there, and they’ll go into next year with largely the same bunch. They’ll sacrifice a position coach and maybe Keith Carter to appease the locker room, but that’ll be it.

Did JD also placate Woody by trading for AR8, making Zach a backup?

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Here is my fear:

We somehow wind up with the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

The Bears (with the Panthers pick) take Caleb Williams.  The OBVIOUS choice is Drake Maye.  Do we pull the trigger?  Do we trade the pick for a BOATLOAD of picks, move down in the draft, and pick whatever OT is available not named Joe Alt?  

I don't like any of how this could play out. 

We'll probably F it all up but I'll take my chances with said scenario!  :)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Because my life is rich and full, I was thinking about Pete Carroll’s run here and I think Saleh made some of the same mistakes—trying to be popular, expecting all the players to actually want to play football if you were nice to them, etc. It’s not impossible that getting Becton and Zach—the two dudes he compromised himself most for—helps him get his sh*t together. Granted, he spends his days fellating Rodgers now, but at least Rodgers might provide some return on that investment. It’s difficult to overstate how much credibility sucking off Becton and Zach has cost him

I never got the sense Saleh cared for Becton or Wilson. But they came with the territory of getting a HC gig.I imagine the battles inside the building between the coaches and management over Wilson got pretty messy.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I think that changes Woodys mind and fires everyone or at least Saleh. Calling it now. Lock it in. Despite Mr Rodgers support  

Especially if offense can’t score a TD again.

Why would that change anything.   Historically bad offense even worse with 3rd string QB?

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So Team Wilson wants to come back to the Jets next year then?  And obviously Woody will placate that wish?

After watching Tommy Cutlets outperform and achieve the cult hero status he imagined for Zach, I think even Woody is ready to move on from Team Wilson.