Rapoport: Woody set to run it back next year

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

and the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round… the wheels on the bus go round and round…

They have to…Why?

Because it’s “All Gas….No Brakes”.

What stupid saying do you think will be used next year?

I’d settle for an OC who could put up just 1 TD in the first half of games and no saying.

17 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

They have to…Why?

Because it’s “All Gas….No Brakes”.

What stupid saying do you think will be used next year?

I’d settle for an OC who could put up just 1 TD in the first half of games and no saying.

Nice rant, but I think I’ve been pretty clear that both JD and Saleh should go, whether Rodgers likes it or not.

The post you’re quoting is referring to this thread topic being more of the same old s**t we’ve been hearing all season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

No kidding! And it’s the right move. The Jetsy thing to do would be to fire everybody.

Everybody knew exactly where this season was going heading home from MNF on 9/11.

Couple that with playing another 2 QBs and around 15 OL throughout the year and a bad situation got way worse.

Improve the OL and WRs, keep Rodgers upright and and healthy, and let’s see where next season goes.

It’s a playoffs or bust season though, injuries or not.

if you did a poll at the start of the season on how many wins we would have with Zach you would get about 5 wins.

and we do just that and JN is acting like this is some kind of surprise that everyone needs to be fired.

and i think Woody feels guilty because he had his hands all over the QB mess this year. 

he wanted Zach as backup because he didnt want to pay him 20 mil to play for another team. and i believe the report that Woody told JD to make do with what he had after AR went down because he wasnt spending any more money on the QB position.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

if you did a poll at the start of the season on how many wins we would have with Zach you would get about 5 wins.

and we do just that and JN is acting like this is some kind of surprise that everyone needs to be fired.

and i think Woody feels guilty because he had his hands all over the QB mess this year. 

he wanted Zach as backup because he didnt want to pay him 20 mil to play for another team. and i believe the report that Woody told JD to make do with what he had after AR went down because he wasnt spending any more money on the QB position.

I Guess So Gavin Free GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Water is wet.

no legit coaching candidates would want to enter this situation. We don’t want to be in another Adam gase scenario where we have to hire a guy we don’t actually want. Makes no sense to pull the plug now given the situation. We went all in with the hackett / Rodgers. Gotta see it through. After 2024, you consider making changes if things fall apart again.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This was always going to be the case.

Woody, Saleh and Dougals were the three amigos of the Rodgers sell out.   Thus they have to pray to god that Rodgers comes back next year and magically makes the whole team better, which he won't.

Next year might be a worse year than this one for jets fans.

That wlll be the season that gets us a high draft pick and hopefully new QB. 

57 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I don’t know.  Safe at the moment isn’t the same as safe at seasons end.  These last three games could be ugly enough for woody to launch saleh.

It is not logical.  I think Woody has calmed down.  Saleh even without Ulrich can cover the defense.  Ulrich is not getting another job this season-likely next.  

Rodgers and Hackett are the Rodgers program.  Nobody else is helping that.  

So Saleh and Hackett are basically good enough for 2024.  From Woody’s perspective, they are paid for.  

38 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

He hasn't gotten a dime out of me in close to a decade. 

Do you watch Jets games on tv? You’ve given him a dime.

Do you watch other teams play? You’ve given him a dime.

Do you pay for ESPN or watch NFL Network? Sirius Radio? Guess what you’ve done?

I could go on, but I think you get my point. If you own a tv, you’ve paid Woody Johnson.

He doesn’t need you going to his games or buying his team’s gear, he’s got plenty of people who do that. You and your tv are his team’s lifeblood.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

So Woody is 76 years old. If by some act of god he would pass, would Chris be the primary share holder and de facto owner?

He has a teenage son who’s already in the war room on the phone with draft picks.

The kid will own this team long after you’re dead and buried. The Johnson family isn’t going anywhere.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Do you watch Jets games on tv? You’ve given him a dime.

Do you watch other teams play? You’ve given him a dime.

Do you pay for ESPN or watch NFL Network? Sirius Radio? Guess what you’ve done?

I could go on, but I think you get my point. If you own a tv, you’ve paid Woody Johnson.

He doesn’t need you going to his games or buying his team’s gear, he’s got plenty of people who do that. You and your tv are his team’s lifeblood.

No. The TV contract has nothing to do with viewership. That money flows from the Beer Companies, Pharmaceutical industry, Draft Kings, and every other company paying the Networks for advertising regardless of the numbers. The TV deals are what, 10 year deals? 

We could all stop watching and Woody still makes that $$. That's the problem. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No. The TV contract has nothing to do with viewership. That money flows from the Beer Companies, Pharmaceutical industry, Draft Kings, and every other company paying the Networks for advertising regardless of the numbers. The TV deals are what, 10 year deals? 

If no one is watching then none of those companies you name are advertising and spend their ad dollars elsewhere an the NFL and its teams do not get the money.

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I get what you’re saying but it is tv networks that give the NFL the money. THEN they turn around and sell ads to make their profit. Draft Kings are an NFL “partner” now and another huge but separate revenue stream. If they never bought another minute of commercial time though, that wouldn’t be missed. Big Pharma, car companies, cell phone ads, etc would gobble those minutes up in a second.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If no one is watching then none of those companies you name are advertising and spend their ad dollars elsewhere an the NFL and its teams do not get the money.

The Jets are one part in a 32 team league, and the TV contract is for the entire league as a bloc. The top 12-15 teams make enough to offset the Cardinals, Panthers, and other teams with miniscule fan bases. Same with Sunday Ticket. That deal is for the league, not partitioned. C'mon, you know this. And even if every Jets fan took an entire year off, Fantasy Football and degenerate gamblers guarantee people still tune in. 

No matter what, as long as the League has TV contracts with Networks, and those networks have advertisers, Woody makes money.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If no one is watching then none of those companies you name are advertising and spend their ad dollars elsewhere a the NFL and its teams do not get the money.

To @Jet_Engine1’s point, now that the Draft Kings of the world are legal and Fantasy Football is around, people will never stop watching. Gambling on football has always been more popular than watching football. People care more about their side action than a game.
They love watching that action play out.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Jets are one part in a 32 team league, and the TV contract is for the entire league as a bloc. The top 12-15 teams make enough to offset the Cardinals, Panthers, and other teams with miniscule fan bases. Same with Sunday Ticket. That deal is for the league, not partitioned. C'mon, you know this. And even if every Jets fan took an entire year off, Fantasy Football and degenerate gamblers guarantee people still tune in. 

No matter what, as long as the League has TV contracts with Networks, and those networks have advertisers, Woody makes money.

just saw this post. We were both posting the same thing at the same time. We’re both very smart. 🤪

• Upvote 1