****OFFICIAL JETS GAME DAY FLACCO V SALEH THREAD****

T0mShane

20 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I don't think people realize that this season is just feeding into Aaron's massive ego and narcissism even more because he sees himself as the savior of the franchise to come to the rescue.

It's why he likes it here.

However, Siemian is showing that if you know how to play quarterback and you simply get the ball out on time, the offense kinda works. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

The seven points the offense scored tonight?

Siemian seems to do a lot of things correctly up until the moment he has to deliver the football and, because he has no physical skills, he can’t cash in—reading coverages, anticipating pressure, making proper post-snap reads, etc. Rodgers is going to process the same stuff Siemian does, but he also has one of history’s great throwing arms to go along with it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, doitny said:

his catch % is about 55%. yeah thats not good.

GW is 57%. is he a bust too?

I don’t think he’s a bust and never said he was, but he’s not a #2 WR. He’s a gadget guy you feature in a handful plays a game. A useful player. Not a #2. He’s had 20 or less yards 5 times and cracked 50 only 3 times without ever reaching 100 in any game. Plus, A true #2 is a reliable good hands receiver because he’s going to get less targets than the #1 so he needs to make the most of his opportunities. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don’t think he’s a bust and never said he was, but he’s not a #2 WR. He’s a gadget guy you feature in a handful plays a game. A useful player. Not a #2. He’s had 20 or less yards 5 times and cracked 50 only 3 times without ever reaching 100 in any game. Plus, A true #2 is a reliable good hands receiver because he’s going to get less targets than the #1 so he needs to make the most of his opportunities. 

He's a decent slot WR that keeps being used as a wideout. A solid #3 guy.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

However, Siemian is showing that if you know how to play quarterback and you simply get the ball out on time, the offense kinda works. 

Lol waaaat

dude had 5.8 yards per attempt on 45 passes. He threw a checkdown on almost every single pass attempt in the second half. He put up 6 points after the opening drive. That doesn’t work. 

• Upvote 4

My wife just had 2 negative Covid tests so we celebrated Christmas tonight.  I was able to watch some of the game.  

It basically looked like I expected it to.  The Jets lost to a better team.  Was not a complete blow out.  

We beat the Patriots this week and draft 10-15.  We just miss the playoffs next year because we have no OL.  

8 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He's a decent slot WR that keeps being used as a wideout. A solid #3 guy.

I think he gets used as a wideout because he demands it. IMO it is what lead to the Browns trading Donavan Peoples Jones for a 2025 6th round draft pick. DPJ was coming off a 61 catches for 839 yards and was also a reliable punt returner.  Trading him away made no sense. The Browns got next to nothing for him and destroyed their WR depth. The Browns certainly did not benefit from the trade, only Elijah Moore with increased opportunities benefitted.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Siemian seems to do a lot of things correctly up until the moment he has to deliver the football and, because he has no physical skills, he can’t cash in—reading coverages, anticipating pressure, making proper post-snap reads, etc. Rodgers is going to process the same stuff Siemian does, but he also has one of history’s great throwing arms to go along with it. 

Siemian is to QBs what Idzik was to GMs. Idzik had a good plan and knew what had to be done but he just didn’t have the ability or football operations expertise to get it done. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hitting the checkdown every play isn’t doing “a lot of things correctly.” Siemian sucks as much as any of the Jets QBs. The best QB performance we’ve seen this year was Wilson in the Texans game. 

the only evidence that we have of Hackett’s offense “working” is when Aaron Rodgers does whatever he wants at the LOS (2020-2021). 

• Upvote 1

So when you look at the game. You see a dominant performance by Cleve in the first half. And a 17 point lead.  But the Jets outplayed them in  second half. There was a ton of mistakes, turnovers and penalties or it might have been closer. Or with a big lead did the Browns like just about every team with big leads let up even if not intentionally. It happens maybe part of basic mental process. 

I don't want to sound like sour grapes on Flacco. But he's imo been overhyped. Since signing and starting with Cleve he's 4-1. He lost to the Rams and his Ws against, Jags, Chicago, Texans and us. I don't think the competition has been that solid. Let's see how he fares against playoff teams. 

21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't want to sound like sour grapes on Flacco. But he's imo been overhyped. Since signing and starting with Cleve he's 4-1. He lost to the Rams and his Ws against, Jags, Chicago, Texans and us. I don't think the competition has been that solid. Let's see how he fares against playoff teams. 

Point being he, as a 3rd backup, has them competitive.    

57 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Robot Wtf GIF