Jets Bravado Heading Into 2024-25 Season

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It begins anew!  "A tradition unlike any other"

https://nypost.com/2023/12/29/sports/breece-hall-vows-better-days-ahead-for-jets-in-near-future/

“I’ll just tell everybody to get their laughs out now because it’s not going to be like that in the near future,” Jets running back Breece Hall said. “We’re going to be a lot better. I’m excited to see what we do.”

there is one guy with a big mouth and little to back it up missing from this team - he would fit perfectly - I think he is on the west coast now

Since it is all going to go to sh_t in 24 - why not collect all the clowns

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://nypost.com/2023/12/29/sports/breece-hall-vows-better-days-ahead-for-jets-in-near-future/

“I’ll just tell everybody to get their laughs out now because it’s not going to be like that in the near future,” Jets running back Breece Hall said. “We’re going to be a lot better. I’m excited to see what we do.”

Of course next year is going to be much better.  Only miserable jet fans cant see this.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jolot said:

This is delusional loser talk , Isaiah Thomas said this every day for years when he was running the Knicks and it got worse every year …hope is not a plan. 

Breece has been poisoned by the Saleh used car salesman stink 

#Free20

• Upvote 3

Talk and “bravado” is all this team does.  Perfect example was last night in the second half, down 17 and the Browns offense have been doing everything they wanted against the Jets D.   DJ Reed makes a pass break up and gets up celebrating like he just won the Super Bowl, the very next play he gets flagged for holding and allows the Browns drive to continue.  That is who the Jets are.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

This will be on JD. He needs to rebuild this o-line. Which means he needs to get the o-line FAs he targets and he needs to hit on the o-line draft picks he selects. 

I'm not AS concerned with getting another weapon at WR. There's plenty of options. Even if we don't even up going big (D.Adams, Evans, Higgins, Pittman). I'm not AS concerned with QB2, as long as we get a solid veteran who we are confident trotting out there for a string of 3-4 games. (if Rodgers is out any longer than that, next season is probably toast anyway).

Its the o-line. #1 concern. ALL on JD. It won't be easy but he can do it. Once we start bringing in starting caliber o-line FA's confidence will grow in the potential of the 2024/25 season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Talk and “bravado” is all this team does.  Perfect example was last night in the second half, down 17 and the Browns offense have been doing everything they wanted against the Jets D.   DJ Reed makes a pass break up and gets up celebrating like he just won the Super Bowl, the very next play he gets flagged for holding and allows the Browns drive to continue.  That is who the Jets are.  

That's a terrible example. Players should be able to play. Players should be able to have short term memories so they can forget their earlier mistakes and move on to the next play. Nobody is perfect. He is one of our best defenders. I get it. The defense did not look good in the first half- at all. He stepped up and made a nice play, he can celebrate for a few seconds. This has nothing to do with the culture of the team. ALL players on ALL teams do this kind of stuff- whether they are up by a bunch of points or down by a bunch of points. Welcome to 2023. 

And that holding call was BS imo. It was minor, then the WR clearly pushed off. Should have been offensive PI. But whatever. 

The funny thing is. As poorly as the defense played in this game, they gave the offense enough opportunities to come back and win this game. Enough turnovers at key moments. Our offense simply could not score. Could not protect the QB enough to let him get the ball down the field. Our QB is simply not good enough to make plays. I'm not blaming the loss on the offense, I'm just saying a better offense very well could have bailed out the defense this time. Even the announcers kept saying - 'well this offense has had plenty of opportunities, just too many miscues'. Special teams fumble, INT, missed FG, inability to get in the end zone when in the opponents territory, punt, punt punt.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Getting up and celebrating when you are getting your ass handed to you is always a bad look, especially when it was a routine pass break up.   Have some awareness.  

Look how saleh and douglas celebrated after barely not choking vs Washington.  That’s the mentality of this team.  And they’re all in denial about how much rodgers is going to lift the team.  He’ll help, but the line is still a mess and they need another wr.  Curious to see how douglas balances the various needs as well as backup qb. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Getting up and celebrating when you are getting your ass handed to you is always a bad look, especially when it was a routine pass break up.   Have some awareness.  

Look around the league. Its how players play. We are are not in the 1930s. Your take that Reed celebrating on that play while the team was down is a metric of toxic team culture is a bad take. That's all I'm saying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Look how saleh and douglas celebrated after barely not choking vs Washington.  That’s the mentality of this team.  And they’re all in denial about how much rodgers is going to lift the team.  He’ll help, but the line is still a mess and they need another wr.  Curious to see how douglas balances the various needs as well as backup qb. 

Agreed.   Next year is a whole different type of disappointment.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can’t criticize Breece, he is one of the reasons I still watch these games.

• Sympathy 1

I would rather hear him talking like this, like he wants to be part of a better Jets future than sounding like a guy who is going to leave at the first chance he gets.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

If JD can find two good OT's and one good OG in FA and the draft, Breece is based in reality.

If JD goes into the 2024 season without those new lineman AND a bona fied number two QB, the season is over before it starts.

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   Next year is a whole different type of disappointment.  

the underlying problem is that nugent problem, that the jets thought they were only 1 player away.  rodgers could have taken this roster to the playoffs but the offense wasn't ready to compete with the good teams.  

42 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Not for nothing but that play really should’ve been offensive PI…but we don’t get those calls ever.  
I have no issue with the celebrating a play….trying to get the team going, showing he still cares.

I read so many “this team has quit” comments in the game thread….i didn’t see a team that quit, I saw a team that was greatly overmatched (especially our weak link OL vs their greatest strength on the DL)…..so I have no issues w a guy celebrating a good play.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This mencapsulates everything. The acceptance of being mediocre. Playing scared. Playing not to lose. Salesman's mantra.

18 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I can’t criticize Breece, he is one of the reasons I still watch these games.

He's one of my favorite Jets too.  I still am a big fan but I just don't think the Jets should talk like this.  Prove it on the field (meaning "get wins") for once.

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If JD can find two good OT's and one good OG in FA and the draft, Breece is based in reality.

If JD goes into the 2024 season without those new lineman AND a bona fied number two QB, the season is over before it starts.

Rebuild 3/5 of the OL (plus add depth) when JD hasn't built a competent OL in his 4 years here.

It’s been next year for over a decade. This isn’t a serious franchise. 

• Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rebuild 3/5 of the OL (plus add depth) when JD hasn't built a competent OL in his 4 years here.

Yeah.  The chances of that are somewhere between imagination and vapor. 

If JD can work it out, it is good news.  They will have a good season.

If he cant, it is good news.  He will get SHlT CANNED.

But that wont fix anything anyway.  Johnson will still own the team.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Plus, it was against a rookie who was only playing due to Cooper’s injury and probably had about 4 targets this year before that play. These guys in today’s pro sports, save hockey are a bunch of self entitled, narcissistic douche bags, and we as fans are dumb enough to worship at their altars and support them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

In year 6 of Joe Douglas, I expect at least 1 home playoff game and a deep playoff run. Goal: be in the final four during the conference championship round of the playoffs. Positive vibes! 

I think a 1st round playoff exit would almost be cause for celebration at this point - lol.  Actually I wouldn't want that because JD/Saleh would likely get long-term extensions.