HawkeyeJet Accountability Rampage Continues

HawkeyeJet

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Already got a thread on this one:  

It’s not my fault.  My thread is better than his.  It’s the mods job to free the board from clutter.  It’s my job to create content.  If you don’t like it, that’s tough.  This is how I do things.

As you can see, I’m embracing the culture of my beloved NYJ.

Edit:  I’m kidding just in case people can’t tell.  His thread is a wonderful thread and I simply was so disgusted when I came across this tweet that I came directly here to word vomit.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Bro he's clearly ******* around, not being serious, with the fans here

Of course he is not being serious.  That doesn’t make it any less dumb on his part.  It’s not that he’s playfully telling fans to “f*** you” it’s that he doesn’t understand the optics of a fringe player joking around like that in the middle of an ass-whooping.   It’s called awareness.  

I enjoy a good robust fart, still makes me giggle.  I know better than to let fly in a work meeting though, especially one where they are talking about our underwhelming 4th quarter revenue.  And even if I wasn’t self aware enough to hold back, I guaranty somebody in the meeting would pull me aside and say hey, don’t be an idiot.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Of course he is not being serious.  That doesn’t make it any less dumb on his part.  It’s not that he’s playfully telling fans to “f*** you” it’s that he doesn’t understand the optics of a fringe player joking around like that in the middle of an ass-whooping.   It’s called awareness.  

I enjoy a good robust fart, still makes me giggle.  I know better than to let fly in a work meeting though, especially one where they are talking about our underwhelming 4th quarter revenue.  And even if I wasn’t self aware enough to hold back, I guaranty somebody in the meeting would pull me aside and say hey, don’t be an idiot.  

Big difference with this than Clemons having zero awareness

https://youtu.be/vJ4UwE5WNI0?si=XhEsxrwKmIY6-j1h

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A little mini rant that I make every year centers around the fact that it’s impossible to tell who is in charge of the Jets. Like, who’s the guy in that building who’s going to discipline Michael Clemons for this? Who’s the guy who should have stepped in three years ago to get Becton to take his job seriously? Who’s the one voice who could have intervened on behalf of Zach Wilson and the QB push-pull that was taking place? The answer is nobody. That guy does not exist in this organization. Saleh is a meathead coordinator-brain bro who thinks the job is 100% vibes. Douglas is in constant CYA mode with his picks. Woody Johnson is easily the dumbest of the three—as demonstrated over almost 25 years of ownership—and that’s saying something because the other two are ******* clowns. 

The fact that Woody Johnson can’t recognize the massive void in his org chart—a serious, experienced hand who can actually lead the disparate part of the football ops—is proof positive that he’s ***THE*** problem with this franchise. Woody doesn’t have any friends to consult. He has zero accomplishments in his life. Zero experience in building anything. He’s not taken seriously around the league. He has no league connections and has to run to Korn Ferry to find him coach and GM candidates every few cycles, or he has to hire super-retired GMs out of exile to “conduct a search.” It’s a doom cycle.

In sum, he needs to hire The Guy that sees this video and has the wherewithal to put Clemons on the bench next week. He needs The Guy who can sit down with Zach Wilson for ten minutes and parse out that the kid is a no-chance gutless charisma-free fruitcake. He needs The Guy who can turn around and explain to Woody that giving Aaron Rodgers full control of the org is not going to work out. Woody needs The Guy. 

Woody isn’t smart enough to know how.   Again, the kool aiders will point to his massive investment return of the team etc.  Poppy Cock. The team value exploded with or without him.   

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Woody isn’t smart enough to know how.   Again, the kool aiders will point to his massive investment return of the team etc.  Poppy Cock. The team value exploded with or without him.   

There was someone on this forum (I wish I could remember who) who made a similar (excellent) point a while back.  That this was the perfect investment for Woody because it basically can't fail, no matter how bad of an owner he is. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

I remember more of his penalties  than anything else he’s done as a Jet. 

So, I looked them up, because I cannot remember them.

1) he had a roughing the passer in the second quarter when Dallas had the ball first and goal at the 2 yard line - Result, First and Goal at the 1 yard line.

2) He had a neutral zone infraction against the Giants on 4th down in the 4th quarter giving them a first down. Very bad penalty.

3) He was DQ'd against Miami at MetLife in the 4th quarter. 15 yard penalty

So, 3 penalties, 21 yards and while one could have cost his team a game they deserved to lose, they won anyway.

BTW in 2022, he also had 3 penalties for 21 yards - all in games the Jets won. It's weird that his 6 penalties are so memorable.

As a Jet he has 61 Tackles in 31 games; 6 TFL; 7 QB Hits; 3 Sacks; and 1 Forced Fumble. He also plays special teams. Like him or not, Michael Clemons is a productive bench/back-up/rotational player. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It’s not my fault.  My thread is better than his.  It’s the mods job to free the board from clutter.  It’s my job to create content.  If you don’t like it, that’s tough.  This is how I do things.

As you can see, I’m embracing the culture of my beloved NYJ.

Edit:  I’m kidding just in case people can’t tell.  His thread is a wonderful thread and I simply was so disgusted when I came across this tweet that I came directly here to word vomit.

You had me going there for a sec.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Rules that apply to you don't apply to NFL players, so we can forgot that part of your argument. 

I'm not bothered by this. I'm bothered by play on the field. I'm bothered by penalties. The fact people get bothered by Clemons messing around with fans on the sideline, in a season where the team has clearly packed it in early, is a waste of time. 

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The team leads the league in penalties. Clemons one of the worst offenders. At what point does nonsense bother you? He’s basically the team mascot.

See above

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Apologists for this team are in serious need of a health exam.  

Grown men who get upset at 23 year old athletes blowing off steam by joking around with opposing fans in a lost season are in serious need of a mental health exam. 

7 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Rules that apply to you don't apply to NFL players, so we can forgot that part of your argument. 

I'm not bothered by this. I'm bothered by play on the field. I'm bothered by penalties. The fact people get bothered by Clemons messing around with fans on the sideline, in a season where the team has clearly packed it in early, is a waste of time. 

See above

Grown men who get upset at 23 year old athletes blowing off steam by joking around with opposing fans in a lost season are in serious need of a mental health exam. 

Bullshlt…..    I have seen very successful people At 23, they have already separated themselves from the pack.  The Jets dont promote this. The Jets are a crap organization that leads in penalties and losses late in season.  Perhaps you can shine their 4th place trophy or better, wax Woody’s new necklace.  This team sucks and your acceptance/apology of their garbage speaks more to you than anything.  They suck.  Accept it.  

17 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

See above

Clemons is 26 fwiw

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A little mini rant that I make every year centers around the fact that it’s impossible to tell who is in charge of the Jets. Like, who’s the guy in that building who’s going to discipline Michael Clemons for this? Who’s the guy who should have stepped in three years ago to get Becton to take his job seriously? Who’s the one voice who could have intervened on behalf of Zach Wilson and the QB push-pull that was taking place? The answer is nobody. That guy does not exist in this organization. Saleh is a meathead coordinator-brain bro who thinks the job is 100% vibes. Douglas is in constant CYA mode with his picks. Woody Johnson is easily the dumbest of the three—as demonstrated over almost 25 years of ownership—and that’s saying something because the other two are ******* clowns. 

The fact that Woody Johnson can’t recognize the massive void in his org chart—a serious, experienced hand who can actually lead the disparate part of the football ops—is proof positive that he’s ***THE*** problem with this franchise. Woody doesn’t have any friends to consult. He has zero accomplishments in his life. Zero experience in building anything. He’s not taken seriously around the league. He has no league connections and has to run to Korn Ferry to find him coach and GM candidates every few cycles, or he has to hire super-retired GMs out of exile to “conduct a search.” It’s a doom cycle.

In sum, he needs to hire The Guy that sees this video and has the wherewithal to put Clemons on the bench next week. He needs The Guy who can sit down with Zach Wilson for ten minutes and parse out that the kid is a no-chance gutless charisma-free fruitcake. He needs The Guy who can turn around and explain to Woody that giving Aaron Rodgers full control of the org is not going to work out. Woody needs The Guy. 

Anyone who has being The Guy in their DNA knows that in order to succeed he needs ownership that won’t meddle or will know when to back off and let them to their job and that Woody isn’t capable of either of those things.

If there’s no change in ownership the franchise just needs to fall into an elite QB, that’s pretty much the only hope. Or have a non elite QB go on a heater at the right time - which wouldn’t mean sustained success but could mean a ring.

It is exhausting to watch the degree of mismanagement though.

• Upvote 1