Dalvin Cook Released

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He must really have been making a fuss.  If a playoff team would sign him, wouldn't he also be in line for a 2024 contract that might rate on the comp pick formula.  I get those aren't the most important things, but if we think letting Huff walk for one is okay, how can they explain letting this sh*t walk for 1 game and some playoff money and getting nothing back?

lol comp pick

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

JD stinks 

Not to Cook or Ryan Khalil’s bank accounts he doesn’t hahaha.

There are some more, and I realize that All GMs don’t make perfect moves all the time, but some of the things he does just make you angry, like keeping the worst punter in the league for multiple seasons just because he drafted him.

This guy ain’t no Ozzie Newsome and not much in Philly rubbed off on him, there is enough of a statistical sample now with the Jets to say he is Not Good at his job.

He is kind of like a lousy politician or the Principal of a grade school where No students can Read, Write, Arithmetic at grade level but he’s Never around to ask questions to when people want to know why.

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Not to Cook or Ryan Khalil’s bank accounts he doesn’t hahaha.

There are some more, and I realize that All GMs don’t make perfect moves all the time, but some of the things he does just make you angry, like keeping the worst punter in the league for multiple seasons just because he drafted him.

This guy ain’t no Ozzie Newsome and not much in Philly rubbed off on him, there is enough of a statistical sample now with the Jets to say he is Not Good at his job.

He is kind of like a lousy politician or the Principal of a grade school where No students can Read, Write, Arithmetic at grade level but he’s Never around to ask questions to when people want to know why.

Problem is that when they acquired rodgers it came with a new gm

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember when I had the audacity to argue over the offseason that Dalvin Cook is no longer a top 20 back and got laughed at?

Good times.  I expect an apology from a few of you.  

Nope, don’t remember. I’m sorry, though. Xxoo 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Lets revisit this celebration and back patting a year from now. 

All this angst for an insurance policy who yes, is still a very capable back. 

Other than the whole can’t run, can’t catch passes, can’t pass block and his fumbling issues….sure, he’s “very capable” these days.  All for the low cost of $7M!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember when I had the audacity to argue over the offseason that Dalvin Cook is no longer a top 20 back and got laughed at?

Literally no one could have seen this coming!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I would have been happy if he was a top 40 back.  Instead we got a barely there 3rd string guy.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Hael said:

I would have been happy if he was a top 40 back.  Instead we got a barely there 3rd string guy.

Yep!  A total liability in every phase of what you need out of the RB position.   He cost us points the more he was out there, especially when compared to a replacement-level back. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Other than the whole can’t run, can’t catch passes, can’t pass block and his fumbling issues….sure, he’s “very capable” these days.  All for the low cost of $7M!

Lets see if the reality of his current ability differs from the scenario you've concocted in your pea brain. 

He was doomed on this team.  Never given an opportunity or stood a chance. 

But you keep pounding that puny hairless chest as if you've won something if it makes you feel good. 

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Lets revisit this celebration and back patting a year from now. 

All this angst for an insurance policy who yes, is still a very capable back. 

Victory formation.   The Jets are insured.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Lets see if the reality of his current ability differs from the scenario you've concocted in your pea brain. 

lol he was the RB2 nearly the whole f**kin season.  He was given plenty of opportunity and did nothing well.  Opportunities that Breece Hall somehow took full advantage of but another supposed top 20 back couldn’t?  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol he was the RB2 nearly the whole f**kin season.  He was given plenty of opportunity and did nothing well.  Opportunities that Breece Hall somehow took full advantage of but another supposed top 20 back couldn’t?  

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Can’t judge Cook until we get him more weapons

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Barely 300 yards from scrimmage on 82 touches. Thats 23K per yard. 7 million for no real reason. Also cost them Michael Carter. Silly. 

More cost us Bam Knight, who between the two was probably the better player and basically cost us nothing.  Signing him was a dumb move in foresight and hindsight.  

• Upvote 1