Dalvin Cook Released

Cook gets about $7 million and possible SuperBowl ring if he lands in Dallas.  Maybe they will actually use him.  The Jets tried, but he runs with cement boots on...  maybe he gets lucky.  He's washed. Nothing but a backup somewhere in 2024.

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

17 games too late.  The Jets are just a stupid organization. Doesn't matter who the GM is actually...   the stupid oozes through the building.  It begins at the owner's desk and flows everywhere.  

Beware of JD starring as The BLOB 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Beware of JD starring as The BLOB 

Better role for Becton. But the analogy fits, as the stupid at the Atlantic Health Center has grown and grown and grown as the years have gone by.  You'd think the demise of Gase would have killed the stupid living at 1 Jets Drive... but nooooooo,  the source still remained and it just grew and grew all over again under the JD regime.   Stupid spewing from Woody's desk, a pair of dunderheads pretending to know what they are doing but just tending to the stupid on behalf of their boss and now a QB, who outside of the building is a colossal flake. Let the stupid rage on.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Most pointless signing of the season, as many fans warned at the time.

$7M wasted, which could have bought us a quality backup QB or some OL or WR upgrades.

We could have signed Hopkins and/or a real backup qb instead but oh well.  It’s another fun losing season with no playoffs

• Upvote 1

Where did he impress you?   The lack of burst and speed?  The 3.2 YPC and 38.8 % successful run % (good for 3rd worst in the league)?   The 3 first down catches on 20 targets?  The godawful pass blocking?  The pair of fumbles?
Don't forget his awesome pass blocking!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Team archer said:

Dalvin Cook was only brought in because:

A. Breece was just coming back and

B. He wanted to play with Arod

Did we NEED Dalvin? No. We could of just kept using Carter and izzy but the Dalvin signing was more of a “cherry on top” kind of move and we hoped he had something left but he didnt. It was for 1 year. One. Not 4 or 5 like a first rd pick. I cant explain the Will McDonald pick because like everyone else, I was confused when the selection was made

Dalvin made infinitely more sense then McDonald although McDonald might be a stud in our stash

1 year and $8M that could have been spent elsewhere, last year or next.  I am tired of ******* cherries and whipped cream.  Just give me the ******* pie.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet Breece averaged 4.4 YPC and Dalvin’s was 3.2.  Funny how that works.  

Breece can also catch passes (6.2 yards per target this season).  Cook (3.9) cannot.  

Breece is a better player, no arguments there, but I feel he would have been well over a thousand yards if he had a health offensive line.  Without a line your running and passing game suffers, we've seen that two years in a row.  Let's see what they can do to fix it.

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol comp pick

I get this joke, but for 2024 the following players are considered as possibly factoring in our comp pick formula - FOR: Feeney, Herbig, Rankins, Shepherd and White.  AGAINST: Hardman and Lazard.  Losing potential picks for squids like Hardman and Lazard who were healthy scratches, one of whom did not even finish the year would hurt.  Still I would expect Cook and Saffold to rate as much on the open market as Feeney who was also truly terrible.  Better a has been than a never was.  

I have thought about it and I think the real issue is that Cook and Saffold will simply wait to sign new contracts until May or June.  This will save them some time and not count for comp picks wherever they elect to go.  Pretty common for aging vets to wait and I think there are some limitations on what these old timers rate - for instance, I think vet minimum contracts are excluded and a max of a 5th for guys over 10 years in.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

This was probably a favor to Cook so he can latch onto a playoff team

Wouldn’t be surprised if he signs with Miami, he said he wants to play there and it would be like a Cinderella story going to the ball. His quote before signing with the Jets. 

Just another in a very long line of head-scratching failed FA moves by our GM.  

Failed at acquiring even average QB play.  Failed at the WR position completely after G.Wilson.  Failed at building an O-line completely, endstop. 

But he sure can overpay for an old QB, #4plays, and can absolutely draft a backup rotational edge that might be decent in the next year with a huge amount of offseason work, so thank God for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

NY Jets Random Weirdo RB Top 20 + 1!

1. Dalvin Cook
  2. C.J. Spiller
  3. Tevin Coleman
  4. Chris Johnson
  5. Le'Veon Bell
  6. Kevan Barlow
  7. Matt Forte
  8. Frank Gore
  9. Zac Stacy
  10. Bernie Parmalee
  11. Dave Meggett
  12. Lorenzo Neal
  13. Keith Byars
  14. Ty Montgomery
  15. Danny Woodhead
  16. Steven Ridley
  17. Mike Goodson
  18. James Robinson
  19. Kalen Ballage
  20. Derrick Blaylock
  21. Khiry Robinson

On 1/2/2024 at 7:23 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Carter, Bam:  JAGs

Cook:  Washed

Savvy?

Carter bam jags for sure.

Cook just needs to not get hit in the back field. When that happens he was getting 5 or 6 a carry

That is pretty good for washed.

I wish it would have worked with him but I have to admit at the end of this season you 100 💯 percent look right, it was a bad signing for us.

Lol some of you guys are acting like the ravens will turn cook into his old self. This is basically lenny fournette and the bills. He’s their emergency plan should hill or Gus go down. The ravens aren’t going to turn him into a 20 carry a game work horse back. Ravens RB room is depleted, he’s a solid depth piece that you can plug in if sh*t hits the fan. Happy for cook though, he’s free now.