76 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Rank The 3 Most Recent NYJ HC's From Best To Worst

• Saleh, Gase, Bowles
    • Saleh, Bowles, Gase
    • Gase, Bowles, Saleh
    • Gase, Saleh, Bowles
    • Bowles, Saleh, Gase
    • Bowles, Gase, Saleh

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/01/2024 at 04:21 PM

19 minutes ago, rangerous said:

More three td losses as kotite over the same number of games.  Nothing more to say.

You voted Saleh as the best in the poll.  Was that by accident?  I wrote "Rank The 3 Most Recent NYJ HC's From Best To Worst"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Gases will always be the worst choice ever by the Jets. I was so mad when I heard they hired him I pulled over on my way to work at a gas station near the beach to get out of the truck and walk it off. That day I received about 20 text messages from Dolphin fans dying laughing. 

Gase was an obviously terrible hire and I wanted him fired before he was able to complete his first season.  But somehow I still vote Saleh as being worse - lol.  Maybe it's recency bias but I also think he had far less talent to work with.  Saleh's team has talent, yet he the team is still bad.  Gase somehow managed to win 7 games with Flacco/Gore.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Gases will always be the worst choice ever by the Jets. I was so mad when I heard they hired him I pulled over on my way to work at a gas station near the beach to get out of the truck and walk it off. That day I received about 20 text messages from Dolphin fans dying laughing. 

Not only a bad head coach he was also toxic

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gase was an obviously terrible hire and I wanted him fired before he was able to complete his first season.  But somehow I still vote Saleh as being worse - lol.  Maybe it's recency bias but I also think he had far less talent to work with.  Saleh's team has talent, yet he the team is still bad.  Gase somehow managed to win 7 games with Flacco/Gore.

Definitely recent bias. Gases was awful. Saleh  I’m giving one more year then I make a decision. With the oline and QBs it’s hard to have a good team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I think Saleh and Bowles are very similar. I think both are good defensive coaches who have gotten strong defensive results and think both can win if you give them a decent QB. I think they actually both made a good first OC hire and then thing a spiraled from there.

Gase is unquestionably the worst. He was an offensive guru and the offense remained the problem with him. Team started 1-15 in the first half of his two seasons here — just unfathomably bad.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The year Gase won 7 Flacco wasn’t on the team, the QBs were Darnold, Siemian, and Falk

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The year Gase won 7 Flacco wasn’t on the team, the QBs were Darnold, Siemian, and Falk

My bad. And I do remember that the wins were mostly against bad teams with backup QBs so I'm not going to give him too much credit.  But his teams did lack talent though.  I'm in no way defending Gase, btw (see my profile pic).  I thought he was terrible and couldn't wait for the day he was fired.  But Saleh seems to always "do less with more". 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My bad. And I do remember that the wins were mostly against bad teams with backup QBs so I'm not going to give him too much credit.  But his teams did lack talent though.  I'm in no way defending Gase, btw (see my profile pic).  I thought he was terrible and couldn't wait for the day he was fired.  But Saleh seems to always "do less with more". 

Yes, right now Saleh is not doing a very good job and under normal circumstances he would be fired. However with the Rodgers factor he gets a reprieve now let’s see if he can take advantage of that 2nd chance he’s getting.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

My dog took 3 separate dumps after trying out 3 different brands of dog food.

I stored them in poop bags outside so they wouldn’t dry out and lose their spicy aromas.

Please stick your nose in each bag, inhale deeply like some “men” do with wine, and rank the stench of each one.

Saleh, Saleh, Saleh

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The #1 reason coaches fail here is because they come in and think they’re working for a professional organization with a solid infrastructure that just needs a steady, positive guy to guide them to the promised land. This is not the case. You pull the curtain back a little bit on Woody Johnson’s Jets and it’s a clown car on fire inside a dumpster filled with rat carcasses. If you’re going to succeed as Jets coach, you have to dig a moat around the football side and leave everything else to die, or it’ll destroy you and your career. Bowles and Saleh were simps who played good soldiers as the org ate them alive, They are the same guy. Gase, to his credit, knew coming in that the Jets were a sh*tshow and went full kamikaze on it for as long as they let him get away with it, and as soon as he started making some progress they tossed him out. Mangini was the same way, and Parcells. Fans resented them all because they exposed the Jets for being utter sh*t. The guy who bridged that divide was Rex, who is a sociopath, who knew how to jerk Woody and the fans off long enough to get his way behind the scenes. Unfortunately, Rex was also an idiot. 

LMAO!  I think there's a certain amount of truth in what you're saying.  I agree on Mangini and Gase both trying to take the reins more.  (Fwiw, I liked Mangini but wanted no part of Gase).  I also agree that Bowles and Saleh were both the "good soldier" types.  I respect Bowles though while I think Saleh is more of an empty suit.  

The guy who bridged that divide was Rex, who is a sociopath, who knew how to jerk Woody and the fans off long enough to get his way behind the scenes. Unfortunately, Rex was also an idiot. 

This made me literally lol.  As much as I know where you're coming from, I don't think it's fair to call Rex an idiot.  He did manage to beat BB in a playoff game and he got to 2 AFC CGs with 4 road playoff wins.  Having said that, I also can't fully dismiss your point that "Rex was also an idiot" - lol.  

EDIT: Our last AFC East title (of the measly 2 that this pathetic franchise has) came under Herm Edwards, who is not exactly a football savant.  In other words, our "big winners" of this century are Rex and Herm.   That's not really a good sign - lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Voting anyone but Gase as the worst is definitely pure recency bias. Well, that plus those still refusing to admit how immeasurably wrong they were about slobbering over the complete joke of a GM that JD is, so are desperate to blame  anyone else.

Then again, I'm sure there's a decent number of the latter group who were also among those who supported Mac being kept when Bowles was fired, and then the subsequent hire of Gase, so it's quite plausible that they don't even realize it's American football we're all watching the Jets (allegedly) play.

Of course, it's a sad state of affairs when the only debate is degrees of awfulness, while at the same time the GMs have all been consistently worse than the HCs during that stretch.

7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Voting anyone but Gase as the worst is definitely pure recency bias. Well, that plus those still refusing to admit how immeasurably wrong they were about slobbering over the complete joke of a GM that JD is, so are desperate to blame  anyone else.

Then again, I'm sure there's a decent number of the latter group who were also among those who supported Mac being kept when Bowles was fired, and then the subsequent hire of Gase, so it's quite plausible that they don't even realize it's American football we're all watching the Jets (allegedly) play.

Of course, it's a sad state of affairs when the only debate is degrees of awfulness, while at the same time the GMs have all been consistently worse than the HCs during that stretch.

I was a huge fan of the JD hire and have defended him almost every step of the way, until recently.  He hired Saleh though, so saying "it's Saleh's fault" is not an excuse for JD.  As awful as his W/L record is, he has definitely added a good amount of talent to the roster.  Obviously it shouldn't take this long to turn a franchise around though.  But I still think we can do far worse than JD.  

• Upvote 1

1 - Todd Bowles - Mac gave him a horrible team and he's the last coach to coach the Jets to a winning season.

2 - Robert Saleh - I can't put him dead last when he's been handcuffed by Zach Wilson and some horrible moves by our GM Aaron Rodgers.

3 - Adam Gase - I had high hopes for him being a Mike Martz guy, but he turned out to be a real dud. We have Joe Douglas as our GM because of him, so Gase is kind of like the gift that keeps giving. lol

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was a huge fan of the JD hire and have defended him almost every step of the way, until recently.  He hired Saleh though, so saying "it's Saleh's fault" is not an excuse for JD.  As awful as his W/L record is, he has definitely added a good amount of talent to the roster.  Obviously it shouldn't take this long to turn a franchise around though.  But I still think we can do far worse than JD.  

The JD hiring of Saleh is certainly a point conveniently left out for those who try to shift the blame. However, I disagree with the supposed concept of roster improvement beyond CB, the one position that's definitely a matter of night and day.

The differences are marginal elsewhere with either past or present roster that has a minor win at one position having an equal loss at another, and for any individual player that might stand out on either side being balanced out by worse position depth. No easier example than WR, where GW is definitely the best of the bunch but the overall unit actually being collectively worse than what it was, with there being 5 WRs inherited better than the rest of what the team has today.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The #1 reason coaches fail here is because they come in and think they’re working for a professional organization with a solid infrastructure that just needs a steady, positive guy to guide them to the promised land. This is not the case. You pull the curtain back a little bit on Woody Johnson’s Jets and it’s a clown car on fire inside a dumpster filled with rat carcasses. If you’re going to succeed as Jets coach, you have to dig a moat around the football side and leave everything else to die, or it’ll destroy you and your career. Bowles and Saleh were simps who played good soldiers as the org ate them alive, They are the same guy. Gase, to his credit, knew coming in that the Jets were a sh*tshow and went full kamikaze on it for as long as they let him get away with it, and as soon as he started making some progress they tossed him out. Mangini was the same way, and Parcells. Fans resented them all because they exposed the Jets for being utter sh*t. The guy who bridged that divide was Rex, who is a sociopath, and knew how to jerk Woody and the fans off long enough to get his way behind the scenes. Unfortunately, Rex was also an idiot. 

Yep. The kind of person we need to fix the organization (at HC or GM) is the kind of person Woody would never hire, and also the kind of person who would never want to work here anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The #1 reason coaches fail here is because they come in and think they’re working for a professional organization with a solid infrastructure that just needs a steady, positive guy to guide them to the promised land. This is not the case. You pull the curtain back a little bit on Woody Johnson’s Jets and it’s a clown car on fire inside a dumpster filled with rat carcasses. If you’re going to succeed as Jets coach, you have to dig a moat around the football side and leave everything else to die, or it’ll destroy you and your career. Bowles and Saleh were simps who played good soldiers as the org ate them alive, They are the same guy. Gase, to his credit, knew coming in that the Jets were a sh*tshow and went full kamikaze on it for as long as they let him get away with it, and as soon as he started making some progress they tossed him out. Mangini was the same way, and Parcells. Fans resented them all because they exposed the Jets for being utter sh*t. The guy who bridged that divide was Rex, who is a sociopath, and knew how to jerk Woody and the fans off long enough to get his way behind the scenes. Unfortunately, Rex was also an idiot. 

I agree with the premise. I don’t think Gase gave a sh*t thought and was just an antisocial jerk. 

• Upvote 1

Saleh: Defensive HC who has good defense and crap offense

Bowles: Defensive HC who had average at best defense and crap offense.

Gase: Offensive HC who had crap offense and crap defense.

They all suck but Saleh at least got his side of the ball going. Gase was the worst Jets HC I ever witnessed and that includes Kotite, who wasn't even trying. The Jets hiring Gase who had just failed with the Fins over McCarthy should be considered an international war crime on the fans and @T0mShane should have been sent to Guantanamo for supporting it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

At the core teaching level I'm not sure Saleh can actually coach players.   Bowles and Gase clearly can teach players.  Saleh isn't really a coach in the pure sense.  He's the team mascot.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Saleh: Defensive HC who has good defense and crap offense

Bowles: Defensive HC who had average at best defense and crap offense.

Gase: Offensive HC who had crap offense and crap defense.

They all suck but Saleh at least got his side of the ball going. Gase was the worst Jets HC I ever witnessed and that includes Kotite, who wasn't even trying. The Jets hiring Gase who had just failed with the Fins over McCarthy should be considered an international war crime on the fans and @T0mShane should have been sent to Guantanamo for supporting it.

Of the 3 HC's, Saleh has had, by far, the most talent to work with.

• Upvote 1