Do you want the Jets to beat the Patriots?

Do you want the Jets to win against the Patriots?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Jets to beat the Patriots?

• Yes - beat Belichick and those hated Patriots
    • No - a better Draft position is more important

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I’m just really sick of the idiotic tank talk. A lottery system would eliminate that.

So would winning a lot more games in September - December.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, freestater said:

Where's the option for: no matter what I root for, the Jets are going to do Jets things.

This.

The Jets will lose, have a later draft pick.....and take the same guy at 12 they would have taken at 6. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This.

The Jets will lose, have a higher draft pick.....and take the same guy at 12 they would have taken at 6. lol

I look at it this way; if we win, we get the satisfaction of beating the scumbag. If we lose, we improve our draft pick and hurt theirs. I literally can't lose this weekend. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, freestater said:

I look at it this way; if we win, we get the satisfaction of beating the scumbag. If we lose, we improve our draft pick and hurt theirs. I literally can't lose this weekend. 

We should all thank Woody for this Can't Lose situation he's given us to end the season. haha

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, freestater said:

What if it ends in a tie?

Where we will be picking, a few draft spots one way or another won't greatly impact the quality of the players available to us. Most importantly, we need to make a good selection. Let's beat Belichick into submission!

PROS: we win a meaningless game and finally snap the losing streak (YAY)

CONS: we hand them Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels on a silver platter while simultaneously ruining our chances at getting a blue chip OT

hmmm really is a tough choice 🙄 

• Upvote 2

There is no way that the Patriots win this game.  No way.  

Kraft wants his next QB.  It’s not worth the win here.  

For the Jets, when they pick probably does not matter.  

What is frustrating is that, overall, I think it is fair to say that the Jets were a 25-20 best team in the NFL-top of the bottom third.  But right now they are playing like bottom 3.  We will pick 8-12.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

No. I hope we lose. Sit all the starters I say.

Jets come jogging onto the field on offense to start the game.

Announcer: "It looks like the Jets are resting all their starters.... oh wait, those are just the backup offensive linemen they've been using all year."

• Haha 1

Is a 0-0 tie be out of the question? When both teams were trying to win they scored 25 points combined. The tie would push the Pats to 4 and out of Caleb/Maye/MHJ.

Jets may move up if any 5 win team wins.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Bear in mind ... a tie means overtime, and even MORE football in the Jets 2023 season.

Hasn't everyone suffered enough?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Isn’t the difference in a win 2 spots?  Then yes, beat the scumbag in his last game as a Cheatriot. The time to lose for draft position has passed. 

Just read this and would like to change my vote to lose:

At 6-10, the Jets currently hold the eighth spot. If they beat the New England Patriots, and the Atlanta Falcons, Chicago Bears, Las Vegas Raiders and Minnesota Vikings (all 7-9) lose, the Jets probably will drop to 11th, possibly 12th, based on the strength-of-schedule tiebreaker. Those teams, with the exception of the Vikings, have played significantly easier schedules than the Jets. That hurts the Jets in a tiebreaker situation.

If the Jets lose, and the New York Giants, Los Angeles Chargers and Tennessee Titans (all 5-11) win, they could jump as high as fifth -- albeit unlikely

Unfortunately, I’ve been a fan of a team that’s had too many high picks to count for a very long time, and I have yet to see that translate into success. Joe Douglas’ best draft so far was when he took the second CB and second WR overall, and they both went on to be ROYs. A spot or two, one way or the other, isn’t going to be the difference between winning next year or not. 

It’s been a crap season as a fan, and it had to be infinitely worse as a member of the team. I‘m certain the entire organization wants the win today, and I want them to get it. 

• Upvote 1

Next years first round pick won’t amount to much. A tear down is coming after next season. 

It doesn’t really matter tho, with Seimian behind this line they could put forth a playoff effort and score 13. 

• Upvote 1

I largely agree, but I do think that ending Belichick’s Pats career with a loss while he simultaneously ties for the most career losses by a HC all-time would be pretty sweet and would stick with many of us.
Yeah, let's win the battle but lose the war. Again and again.

Does anyone remember who we beat when a loss would have gotten us T. Lawrence?

If we win, NE could pick as high as 2nd and we're looking at the 12th pick. We're talking a top QB or Marvin Harrison Jr for NE.

If we lose we would pick between 5th and 8th. Nice place to get a franchise LT or QB.

Does anyone have to think about this?

• Sympathy 1

Next years first round pick won’t amount to much. A tear down is coming after next season. 

It doesn’t really matter tho, with Seimian behind this line they could put forth a playoff effort and score 13. 
Unfortunately this is true.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, slats said:

Unfortunately, I’ve been a fan of a team that’s had too many high picks to count for a very long time, and I have yet to see that translate into success. Joe Douglas’ best draft so far was when he took the second CB and second WR overall, and they both went on to be ROYs. A spot or two, one way or the other, isn’t going to be the difference between winning next year or not. 

It’s been a crap season as a fan, and it had to be infinitely worse as a member of the team. I‘m certain the entire organization wants the win today, and I want them to get it. 

What about the Patriots' ability to draft and how us winning would give them a better pick?