** Washington vs. Michigan - Official NCAA National Championship Thread **

A little more than 5 hours to go until tonight's 7:30 pm (how nice is that, by the way) kickoff between undefeated Washington and undefeated Michigan.

Who does everyone like?  Will Michael Penix have a Vince Young moment?  Or will Michigan's boa constrictor defense prove to be too much?  The line opened at MICH -4.5 and is currently -5.0

Penix has the ability to be the best player on the field. Whether he can do it against that D is the question. I picked Washington +4.5, and it's locked in now so I can't change it despite me having multiple changes of heart between yesterday and today. I really don't have a good feel for this one.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Penix has the ability to be the best player on the field. Whether he can do it against that D is the question. I picked Washington +4.5, and it's locked in now so I can't change it despite me having multiple changes of heart between yesterday and today. I really don't have a good feel for this one.

4.5 seems pretty trappy to me, and makes me feel like Michigan rolls.  Hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

Watching almost all Huskies games this year has been without a doubt the most fun season of football I've ever witnessed in my 69 years.  (other then Jets Super Bowl)  Dramatic, gritty, fearless, all this with the most accurate quarterback I've seen.  Penix reminds me of Stabler.  My sister took me to watch Sunny Sixkiller QB and the Washington Huskies in the early 70's and have been a fan ever since.  Their coach is on an amazing run as well.  Be rooting for Washington and won't be surprised to see them win tonight. Also their 4th and 29 play late against Washington State was incredible!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jetfrantik said:

Watching almost all Huskies games this year has been without a doubt the most fun season of football I've ever witnessed in my 69 years.  (other then Jets Super Bowl)  Dramatic, gritty, fearless, all this with the most accurate quarterback I've seen.  Penix reminds me of Stabler.  My sister took me to watch Sunny Sixkiller QB and the Washington Huskies in the early 70's and have been a fan ever since.  Their coach is on an amazing run as well.  Be rooting for Washington and won't be surprised to see them win tonight. Also their 4th and 29 play late against Washington State was incredible!

Same age.  Went to UW for an outreach year in 75 Warren Moon's first season and Don James rookie year as HC.   Team was ok.  James really built the program up.   Seems like all the money is on Michigan.  Hope Penix has another huge game in him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

im betting on Michigan and I'm probably going to lose LOL 

fwiw both FD and DK have profit boosts up to 10 dollars on this game 

I got $50 max boosts on 2 sites, but not DK who's max was $25.  It depends on your play frequency and bankroll I guess. sh 
Michigan always burns me in both hoops and cfb.  I went for Wash because I trully believe these teams are a lot closer than +180/ +5 for Huskies.

• Upvote 2

If Penix lights it up again teams will be rethinking his draft stock.  (Which will be good for the jets)

Michigan has to play ball control this game and bleed the clock on long drives.

I am not a fan of McCarthy, he just has to game manage.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

If Penix lights it up again teams will be rethinking his draft stock.  (Which will be good for the jets)

And wolverines are capable of delivering streaks of chunk rushing plays as well. On paper, they should win. 
Go Huskies.

• Upvote 3

Just now, slimjasi said:

If Penix has another big night, we have a very real chance of having 4 QBs go in the top 10. 

Go Penix and go Washington! 

And we should maybe be in on one of them. 

• Ugh 1

Just now, PS17 said:

And we should maybe be in on one of them. 

oh we should, but we all know that is never happening. 

So the next best thing is that 4 QBs go before we pick - that leaves only 5 more picks before us (one of those is sure to be MHJ) and should set us up to take a good OT or WR prospect. 

• Upvote 1

I'll be rooting hard for the Huskies but I'm not about to put any $$ on it. Michigan is just so strong in the trenches. I can see them just shoving the ball down their throats. As much as I despise Harbaugh I can't see them losing. Good Lord I hope I'm wrong. 🙏

• Upvote 1

It'll be fun to watch 2 defenses that the Jets could probably score on.

It won't be that fun watching a guy who should tomorrow be given a blank check to take over Jets football operations go on with his life elsewhere.

Sigh. 

35 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

It'll be fun to watch 2 defenses that the Jets could probably score on.

It won't be that fun watching a guy who should tomorrow be given a blank check to take over Jets football operations go on with his life elsewhere.

Sigh. 

And to offenses light years better than our dreck scheme and play calling.

55 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I got $50 max boosts on 2 sites, but not DK who's max was $25.  It depends on your play frequency and bankroll I guess. sh 
Michigan always burns me in both hoops and cfb.  I went for Wash because I trully believe these teams are a lot closer than +180/ +5 for Huskies.

Strange how these sites work

fd gave me 30% boost and maxed it at 100.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Was thinking and about to post the same exact thing.

A good offensive performance and a win by the Huskies will be good news for the Jets, both in terms of Penix and Odunze getting it done on a big stage.

Should be fun tonight.

Does Harbaugh walk away and back to the NFL if he raises the trophy tonight?

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Good luck, Trot. I’m taking the 5 points.

Bow Down College Football GIF by Washington Athletics

It’s the smart move - ghost was always smarter

good luck to you as well and all that are partaking in putting a few sheckles on the game

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Trotter said:

F’d now at 5.5

Online gambling is illegal in SC, so I bet the old fashion way… how does it work if you use a site like DK?
Let’s say you took the 5 this morning. If the line moves, can you cancel a bet before kickoff, or are you locked in?