If the Jets draft Brock Bowers I quit!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Kyle Pitts was supposed to be that guy, he isn’t and NO TE drafted high was ever worth it (Top 15).

WR’s are 1000000000x more valuable and their are 3 studs minimum.

ENOUGH WITH THE BROCK BOWERS TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowers could have the same impact as kelce but you have to have a coach and a QB who are prepared to use him the best way.

I like the player a lot but agree with a top Wr is there that is who you go for but I am thinking the top 3 guys could all be gone by pick 10.

3 qbs

3 wrs

2 ots

1 pass rusher

Then we are looking at Bowers or the 4th best Wr or the 3rd best OT

• Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Bowers could have the same impact as kelce but you have to have a coach and a QB who are prepared to use him the best way.

I like the player a lot but agree with a top Wr is there that is who you go for but I am thinking the top 3 guys could all be gone by pick 10.

3 qbs

3 wrs

2 ots

1 pass rusher

Then we are looking at Bowers or the 4th best Wr or the 3rd best OT

See I am of the thinking the 4th best WR is the 2nd Best in Mitchell from Texas and he will be there we may even be able to trade back and still get him.

• Upvote 1

Dont really see the need for this thread but I'll just say this; using Kyle Pitts as an example of why not to draft Bowers is lazy AF and honestly, no offense @Lupz27 but it tells me you're not very familiar w/ their college careers, how they were used and how much better of a TE prospect Bowers is in comparison.  Pitts is nothing like Bowers, they are completely different in every way shape and form.

That said, all the Bowers haters on the board will be happy when the Jets pick because he'll be off the board.  The best TE prospect ever, will not fall to #10.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Dont really see the need for this thread but I'll just say this; using Kyle Pitts as an example of why not to draft Bowers is lazy AF and honestly, no offense @Lupz27 but it tells me you're not very familiar w/ their college careers, how they were used and how much better of a TE prospect Bowers is in comparison.  Pitts is nothing like Bowers, they are completely different in every way shape and form.

That said, all the Bowers haters on the board will be happy when the Jets pick because he'll be off the board.  The best TE prospect ever, will not fall to #10.  

I don't know about the best TE prospect ever, but I hope he goes before the Jets pick because it improves the odds of one of the OTs or Nabers dropping. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Listen, he's a unique, exciting prospect at TE. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. But in the context of this particular draft, I'd struggle to take him over Odunze who's super talented WR prospect, and I can't take him over Fuaga when we are going to need to fill 3 OL positions at the #10 is thr only shot we have of addressing one of them at least.

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

I don’t care if you are Superman TE is not a 1st round position period.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

Listen, he's a unique, exciting prospect at TE. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. But in the context of this particular draft, I'd struggle to take him over Odunze who's super talented WR prospect, and I can't take him over Fuaga when we are going to need to fill 3 OL positions at the #10 is thr only shot we have of addressing one of them at least.

Agree to disagree.  

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Last tight end we ever drafted that had an impact???    Dustin Keller maybe?  Was he worth a 1st round pick?

If there is one after him, I can't think of him.

I say no.

Dustin Keller ran like he had two left feet.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Johnny Mitchell, Kyle Brady, and Dustin Keller will do that to you.

Very fair. However none of those players were generational Tight Ends. Within the context of the 10th pick + areas of need + ability to start Y1, Day1, Bowers would be like, the. easiest pick of all time. 
I’m almost certain they’ll be taking a Safety instead. 

20 hours ago, HessStation said:

By the wrong people, for sure 

If the wrong people constitutes like 99.99999% of the people who use it and roughly a similar proportion of the cases it's used, then yes.

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Are we ignoring the fact that Bowers has been beaten to sh*t in the SEC and already has a pretty thick injury history? 

That is really the number one concern I have with Bowers, his body doesn't look like can hold the NFL game, at least not right now.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Are we ignoring the fact that Bowers has been beaten to sh*t in the SEC and already has a pretty thick injury history? 

The term generational getting thrown around for a tight end who's listed an inch shorter and a pound heavier than an actually generational wide receiver strikes me as being a little much, but maybe that's just me.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm just curious where the current top TEs were drafted? I think Hokinson was the only one who was a top 10 pick. Most were not even taken in the first round. 

Hockenson and Pitts may be the only tight ends drafted in the top ten left in the league. Looks like Eric Ebron is retired at 30.

By receiving yards this year: Kittle went in the fifth, Kelce the third, Engram late first, Hockenson top ten, LaPorta early second, Njoku late first, McBride late second, Ferguson fourth. Those are the tight ends in the top 50 of the league of receiving yards (none top 20 this year).

Mark Andrews who almost certainly would’ve been there if healthy was drafted in the third too. Andrews was top ten a couple years ago and it looks like Kelce was top fifteen each of the seven years before this season which is pretty incredible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

Hockenson and Pitts may be the only tight ends drafted in the top ten left in the league. Looks like Eric Ebron is retired at 30.

By receiving yards this year: Kittle went in the fifth, Kelce the third, Engram late first, Hockenson top ten, LaPorta early second, Njoku late first, McBride late second, Ferguson fourth. Those are the tight ends in the top 50 of the league of receiving yards (none top 20 this year).

Mark Andrews who almost certainly would’ve been there if healthy was drafted in the third too. Andrews was top ten a couple years ago and it looks like Kelce was top fifteen each of the seven years before this season which is pretty incredible.

In the same draft the Ravens selected Andrew with their second third round pick, they had selected Hayden Hurst with he 25th pick in the first round. 

44 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

In the same draft the Ravens selected Andrew with their second third round pick, they had selected Hayden Hurst with he 25th pick in the first round. 

Wild, right? Hurst was old too. I think Noah Fant is the other first round tight end still in the league.

Guys like OJ Howard (same draft as Engram and Njoku) and Tyler Eifert (same draft as Kelce) are out of the league.

11 minutes ago, derp said:

Wild, right? Hurst was old too. I think Noah Fant is the other first round tight end still in the league.

Guys like OJ Howard (same draft as Engram and Njoku) and Tyler Eifert (same draft as Kelce) are out of the league.

OJ Howard was a surprising bust. A lot of people were high on him, he killed it at the combine and then did absolutely nothing in Tampa. I never understood why he busted so bad. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

OJ Howard was a surprising bust. A lot of people were high on him, he killed it at the combine and then did absolutely nothing in Tampa. I never understood why he busted so bad. 

I’m going to speculate wildly.

Howard was kind of an on the ground guy YAC at Bama and if I remember right his testing matched (didn’t do well in the vertical). Think it’s a tough way for a tight end to live at the pro level, need to make contested catches. That’s why those basketball background guys were trendy for a while.

As a rule I also think it’s usually harder to evaluate guys when they come from places that win a lot of games and have a lot of other good players. Need to sift through a lot to understand the stats and also hype can get a little out of control because they have more exposure.

• Upvote 1