Let me be first to say it: Sauce Gardner is better than Revis ever was!

I love how everyone on the Jets is the best at everything.

Joe Douglas - Best GM

Zach Wilson - Best QB

Robert Saleh - Best HC

Ahmad Gardner - Best CB

Breece Hall - Best RB

Garret Wilson - Best WR

Quinnin Williams - Best DT

...so much of the best on one team.. 7-10.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Alka said:

How about this for a statistic:  "In 583 coverage snaps this season, he allowed 31 completions for 251 yards, for 0.4 yards allowed per coverage snap". 

If you want to look at it another way, he allowed an average of only 8 yards per catch.

All pro for each of his first 2 years in the NFL.

And his nickname is not Mevis!  This guy deserves to be the highest paid defensive back in the league, and I am confident that one day he will get that contract with the NY Jets.

Thanks for being the biggest idiot in history of NFL fans lol . Revis retired beast WRs in the game, singled handily 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I love how everyone on the Jets is the best at everything.

Joe Douglas - Best GM

Zach Wilson - Best QB

Robert Saleh - Best HC

Ahmad Gardner - Best CB

Breece Hall - Best RB

Garret Wilson - Best WR

Quinnin Williams - Best DT

...so much of the best on one team.. 7-10.

Cuckholds are amusing lol

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Revis in 2009 and 2010 was the most skilled CB I ever saw.  More so than Sauce.  Also consider, unlike Saleh,  Rex had Revis velcro the opposing offense's best WR each and every week.  Revis was always in press man.  Sauce is part of a bee swarm.

However, Sauce can still prove to be the more valuable Jet in the long run.  We have to wait until Sauce plays out his contract. Then we have to see if he signs on for a second tour with the Jets and subsequently performs at a high level.  Only then will I decided if would rather have Sauce's Jets career over Revis.

One thing for sure... Revis never rocked a Cheese Head. That's for sure.  Sauce is fun for sure. 

Exactly. The skill of Revis wasn’t unleashed until Rex came in.. he was not given 1 pass rusher with above average skill, but he used / trusted revis to lock down the best WR, while he disguised his rush packages.

16 hours ago, Alka said:

How about this for a statistic:  "In 583 coverage snaps this season, he allowed 31 completions for 251 yards, for 0.4 yards allowed per coverage snap". 

If you want to look at it another way, he allowed an average of only 8 yards per catch.

And his nickname is not Mevis!  This guy deserves to be the highest paid defensive back in the league, and I am confident that one day he will get that contract with the NY Jets.

16 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Revis in 2009 and 2010 was the most skilled CB I ever saw.  More so than Sauce.  Also consider, unlike Saleh,  Rex had Revis velcro the opposing offense's best WR each and every week.  Revis was always in press man.  Sauce is part of a bee swarm.

However, Sauce can still prove to be the more valuable Jet in the long run.  We have to wait until Sauce plays out his contract. Then we have to see if he signs on for a second tour with the Jets and subsequently performs at a high level.  Only then will I decided if would rather have Sauce's Jets career over Revis.

One thing for sure... Revis never rocked a Cheese Head. That's for sure.  Sauce is fun for sure. 

If only the Jets got as lucky at QB. FML. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Alka said:

I strongly disagree.  Sauce only plays on one side of the D.  Mevis followed the best receivers and basically shut them down.

I will agree that Sauce is a much nicer and team oriented player than 24.

Maybe in a few years we can revisit this question.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Nope.

Revis had ball skills and was a great tackler and he blanketed #1 WRs with a mediocre at best pass rush happening. You could not avoid Revis. He impacted every single game he played.

Sauce has no ball skills, is easily taken out of games and made a non factor, isn't a good tackler. 

Sauce has great ball skills bro. Picking passes off and ball skills is not the same thing. Sauce turns around before the ball gets to the WR and knocks it away. Thats ball skills. 

The picks will come btw. He was unlucky this year, dropping a few easy ones. 

8 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Nope.

Revis had ball skills and was a great tackler and he blanketed #1 WRs with a mediocre at best pass rush happening. You could not avoid Revis. He impacted every single game he played.

Sauce has no ball skills, is easily taken out of games and made a non factor, isn't a good tackler. 

Sauce is getting protected by playing zone. It’s strategic. 

20 hours ago, Alka said:

Not to take anything away from Sauce, but Revis made the other teams best receiver disappear, hence the Revis Island thing. I mean they didn’t  even throw his way most of the time. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Sauce is a good player but he's not in the same stratosphere at Revis. He doesn't travel, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't make plays...

In case you forgot what a great corner looks like 

2 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

I strongly disagree.  Sauce only plays on one side of the D.

That's because he is told to play only one side of the D.  The guy does what he is told.  If he was given the opportunity that Revis had, he would do the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

That's because he is told to play only one side of the D.  The guy does what he is told.  If he was given the opportunity that Revis had, he would do the same thing.

Maybe he would. Maybe he wouldn't. 

Until he does Revis sh*t he shouldn't be compared to Revis. Why even make the comparison? Hey guys, this guy on our team who doesn't play the same type of defense as one of the greatest of all time is better than him at doing things we haven't seen him do. derp.

Compare him to another CB who played in a similar system. They usually turn it over more. He needs to study guys who have.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I'll say for Sauce... He is on the way to becoming one of my fav all time Jets.  Sauce and his cheese head :-)   He'll be up there with Broadway, Maynard, Sack Exchange, Freeman McNeil, Bruce Harper, Mickey Schuller, Lance Mehl, Buttle, Kyle Clifton, Wesley Walker, O'Brien, Todd, Pennington, Chrebet, David Harris, Mangold, Bart Scott, Dan Alexander, Keyshawn, Chromartie, Pat Lahey and even Sanchez... I'm sure I missed a bunch.... 

You sure did miss a bunch.  LOL  How about Curtis Martin, Emerson Boozer and Matt Snell for the best running backs the Jets have ever had? Kevin Mawae you might want to add to the offensive line. I might add Al Toon and Jerome Barkum for the receiver group.  I would add Mo Lewis to the linebacker conversation too.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why even make the comparison?

It's personal for me.  I'm not a fan of Revis, who held out for the most money all the time, and could care less about the Jets.  When he finally came back to the Jets, he was just okay for his first year, then sucked after that.  For all the money he got, if life was fair, he would have given back all the money that he stole from the Jets after his first year back with the team.  

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness… has sauce ever made play?

Has he ever given up a play that lost a game? The only thing I can think of is the bullsh*t PI call against the Chiefs, which was bullsh*t. Even the Shakir play in the seam vs Allen and the Bills was a sick play by Allen and a coverage bust by Michael Carter(?)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Has he ever given up a play that lost a game? The only thing I can think of is the bullsh*t PI call against the Chiefs, which was bullsh*t. Even the Shakir play in the seam vs Allen and the Bills was a sick play by Allen and a coverage bust by Michael Carter(?)

He’s  a good player who is solid in coverage. The over doing it when we all saw Deion and the Woodsons play doesn’t add up though. Do people not realize how good they were?

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I get what you’re saying, but this is a tale as old as time. Teams aren’t playing man as much because most everyone is running Cover Two and Cover Three passive sh*t and offenses don’t challenge deep anymore. Remember Mark Collins on the Giants? Amazing corner, but never made a Pro Bowl because he played Cover Two and had 17 picks over seven seasons. 
The Shanahan system that everyone runs is all horizontal and every INT that happens now is a result of pass rushers coming free, tipping a pass, and some DB running under it. The exception is Dan Quinn with the Cowboys, whose CBs always produce picks. Do we think Trevon Diggs or Daron Bland are Hall of Fame talents? Or do they get picks by sitting on routes while Parsons and Lawrence kill the QB? Bottom line, I don’t think we can kill Sauce for not producing INTs while all of his coverage metrics are top of the league, but we can also acknowledge that Sauce’s metrics being top of the league are—at least in part—a product of the system. It’s not a coincidence that Sauce, MC2, and Reed are all at the top of coverage rankings. 

You know Tom, it's funny how people only remember the good with Revis.  Unfortunately or fortunately, I remember all of it, the good, great, and the ugly!  

It's time to bring up the ugly:

1. When the Jets resigned Revis after his superbowl with the Patriots, he was only 29 years old.  Not really old for a future hall-of-fame cornerback, right?  Wrong.  Woody Johnson guaranteed him $39 Million Dollars.

So, what did Revis do in his first year with the Jets?  He made the probowl, but in all honesty, he didn't deserve it.  It was on past reputation only!  

2. The next year, when he turned 30 years old, he became an embarassment on the Jets!  He was so much an embarassment, that he was cut after his only 2nd season with the Jets.  During his second season with the Jets, he shut down nobody; not even average receivers. He stopped tackling, and was a liability on the field.  He even admitted to coming to camp out of shape.

3.  When he left the Jets, he was moved to safety by his new team.  That didn't work either, for the now 31 year old player.

Revis was one of the greatest players to ever wear a Jets uniform.  I will not lie about that.  But when he came back, it was for pure money, simple as that.  He obviously didn't care about his legacy, and screwed the Jets over by being only the shell of the player who once dominated at his position.  

So, when I knock Revis, it's because I cant forget the player that came back after his superbowl with the Patriots, who became old and useless at the very old age of 30.

• Post of the Week 1