~~~Saturday NFL Playoff Football Games~~~ 01/13

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Pumped for Chiefs-Dolphins because I want to see the Dolphins get yakked in the cold and respond by doing exceedingly desperate things this offseason to fix that team. It’s be ******* amazing if Stephen Ross loses his sh*t, fires McDaniel, and brings in Jim Harbaugh who then drafts JJ McCarthy in the first round. 

Equally excited for Cowboys-Packers because it would concretize my Mike McCarthy Sucks takes, and Bills-Steelers, which could be an all-time classic wherein >10 people from The Rust Belt lose body parts as a direct result of the climate change that their ore-mining forebears helped bring about. 

Are you okay?  Have you taken your meds?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I mean I went to college in upstate New York. Snow plowing is what they do well. Classes never cancelled ever. It’s an absurd move. Indefensible. 

She put a travel ban which made the nfl push it back

shes screwed either way.  If I goes on and lots die in traffic accidents they will blame her. 

1 hour ago, Jetkwondo said:

Lol, just pictured all those drunken fans digging out the 5 inches of snow on their cars that is predicted to come down from the time they parked to after the game. Come on Kathy, don't spoil the fun.... 

draftking could have over under on number of heart attacks in parking lot

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Yeah... I mean what's a couple of deaths, a few wrecks, I mean, it's all for the American dream of playoff football. :)

I HATE Hochul but this is probably a smart move.

IMG_3637.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Travel ban expected.  Has to do with getting to and from the venue. Travel ban = too difficult for tens of thousands to drive to game.  Of course, I expect this forum to turn it into a political issue.  In fact, I see one of the usual suspects already has.  So predictable.

Beyond political; stupid. They're in Buffalo. It's January. Snow is part of the deal. Monday might not be much better. 

It is a simple rule.  No Politics.  It should not be that hard to follow.  A playoff game was postponed - that is a reasonable topic for discussion on this site.  You should be able to discuss it without references to what you think of the NY Governor.

• Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wonder if the Chiefs game isn’t far behind. That’s supposed to be superbad out there

Nope. They could play that game in Edmonton where the high today is about 25 below zero. They are getting a lot of money from Peacock for that one. 

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Obviously, because the far majority of paying customers on college campuses live on college campuses whereas football fans are rarely sober and have to drive to a game where all of those cars end up convening at and tying up every roadway within a three mile radius of the stadium. It sucks to pull it off on a day that’s 70 and sunny. 

I worked at the University of Alberta here in Edmonton for many years.   Our maintenance and grounds crew were pure awesome.  We'd have a blizzard and these dudes would be in at 4 or 5 am cleaning every thing up.   The city roads getting to the University would be utterly atrocious for days.  The second you moved from city street to the University it would be totally cleared.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I worked at the University of Alberta here in Edmonton for many years.   Our maintenance and grounds crew were pure awesome.  We'd have a blizzard and these dudes would be in at 4 or 5 am cleaning every thing up.   The city roads getting to the University would be utterly atrocious for days.  The second you moved from city street to the University it would be totally cleared.

Knew a dude back in Mahopac who would get called in to drive a plow for the town when it got bad-bad. He told me that the town employees would go out in the trucks but wouldn’t actually drop their blades until the OT kicked in. Freaking grifters. 😂

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Beyond political; stupid. They're in Buffalo. It's January. Snow is part of the deal. Monday might not be much better. 

Bills fans funnel liquor and light themselves on fire and were suddenly worried about the roads. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Knew a dude back in Mahopac who would get called in to drive a plow for the town when it got bad-bad. He told me that the town employees would go out in the trucks but wouldn’t actually drop their blades until the OT kicked in. Freaking grifters. 😂

he is not a dude.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

NFL is getting soft. It’s Buffalo in January! You have to play that game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I understand why they moved it but I still would've loved to see that game played in 3 feet of snow.  Would've been a classic!  Not sure why they didn't schedule it for 1PM on Monday though if they're so concerned about safety.  Letting the game end while it's still light out would be safer for the ride home, no?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Travel bans are so nitwits that think they can drive in a blizzard don’t clog up the roads for first responders or become a call for a first responder.  It’s also much easier for the plows to keep their speed up.  

these types of storms I think about nurses and surgeons and police and all the others that have to respond in this situation.  

Didn’t Long Island have a storm like 10 years ago where the plows got stranded? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

This type of storm is the type where the plows get stranded. If sitting on the highway for 7 hours makes you strong or something prove it. Go up there and take pics lol

I’m sure they’re reliving last year’s blizzard mentally where people were stranded for over 24 hours and people did die. Makes you a bit gunshy I suppose 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Gotta find some way to be able to afford Peacock.

• Haha 3