Let’s go get McCarthy

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

12-5 three straight years.

offensive rankings 5, 11 and 1

Dak and Lamb with basically their best years

He has done what he needs to do as an offensive coach.

Will be interesting to see who takes them over the hump

Jones will move Dan Quinn up and bring Kellen Moore back to run the offense. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Makes sense after the defense just put up maybe the worst playoff performance I've ever seen. WTF was that?

Both Belichick and Vrabel got bounced from their former teams because neither wanted management to interfere in their programs. I can’t imagine Harbaugh being cool with Jerry Jones’ kid telling him what to do either. Ben Johnson is probably ticketed for Washington, which leaves Mike McDonald(?) for the Cowboys? I can see Jones blaming the whole thing on McCarthy and convincing himself that Quinn was really the brains behind the operation.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Both Belichick and Vrabel got bounced from their former teams because neither wanted management to interfere in their programs. I can’t imagine Harbaugh being cool with Jerry Jones’ kid telling him what to do either. Ben Johnson is probably ticketed for Washington, which leaves Mike McDonald(?) for the Cowboys? I can see Jones blaming the whole thing on McCarthy and convincing himself that Quinn was really the brains behind the operation.

FB_IMG_1705281759734.thumb.jpg.817286fe5b59fa1a79dc073a63a22dc7.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

In my opinion, notice I didn’t say humble , in the first 12 years the Johnson’s owned the team most people thought Woody was too impatient with the football hires and didn’t give them enough time to right the ship when things went wrong. Just one of those times was the Tanny/Mangini firings after the Favre trade/injury/debacle. That was a quality team that just lacked a competent qb due to Chads injuries. That same team Rex took to 2 AFC championships. Woody actually went and hired 2 long time NFL GMs to get recommendations for the next coach and GM after firing Rex and Idzik and we ended up with Mccagnon and Bowles. McC blew up the cap and Bowles never found a replacement OC when Chan Gailey retired which sunk him. Whatever the current GM and coaches mistakes are this is a much improved team and staff than a few years ago (Gase and McC) and I would rather see the ownership keep it’s word than blow things up again for another coach GM system. Team has spent years overpaying for FA’s to attract them here and I don’t want to go back to that and I am not interested in another head coach some other team just fired. At this point the current crew has one more year to get the team straight as their contracts most likely will not be renewed without substantial progress. 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Dan Quinn just put forth one of the worst defensive performances in playoff history.

Right, but I don’t think Jones is going to have a lot of top-tier option this cycle unless he wants to chase Lincoln Riley or something. Quinn might be the best he can do

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Right, but I don’t think Jones is going to have a lot of top-tier option this cycle unless he wants to chase Lincoln Riley or something. Quinn might be the best he can do

In that case he would probably stay with McCarthy for another year unless he gets Harbaugh or Beli.

I don't think moving to the guy who put up today's effort and one of the biggest choke jobs in SB history is the move he will make.

Weirder things have happened but how could you possibly sell that to your fanbase after today.

1 hour ago, LionelRichie said:

wish woody wasn’t such a bitch and would go get harbaugh.  

Why would harbaugh want to work here? He has options 

If the answer is purely money that's not going to be enough 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jetpain said:

McCarthy will take the fall for this but Dak is the one playing poorly  

Dak Prescott is easily the most overrated player in the NFL. All he can really do (and he does it very well) is take advantage of soft zone. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Dak Prescott is easily the most overrated player in the NFL. All he can really do (and he does it very well) is take advantage of soft zone. 

LOL there may be some merit to this

But what does that make Zach Wilson when you compare the statistical production 

Zach Wilson has no clue what he is even looking at 😂

17 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Rodgers and McCarthy have already put aside their past differences. Hes out after this debacle in Dallas. Let’s do it 

Anything to get rid of Saleh.  Saleh is that bad.

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL there may be some merit to this

But what does that make Zach Wilson when you compare the statistical production 

Zach Wilson has no clue what he is even looking at 😂

Why does everything have to be about Zach. Zach is done here. Just move on.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

This is brought up here all the time. When will people learn that Harbaugh would never ever work for a meddlesome, incompetent, and complete moron of an owner in Woody the clown. He could hand him a blank check and Harbaugh would rip it up and hand it back to him. He tried the same thing with the Tuna and how did that work out.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

I think Washington is the sleeper team for these top tier guys. The new owner, Josh Harris, is the type of guy who hires good people and lets them do their thing. As a Devil fan I’ve seen it first hand. He could offer BB or Harbough pretty much anything they would want and get out of the way. Also, they have pick #2 and the chance to either get the FQB, or a haul for it. 

13 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Move Dan Quinn up? He’s defense was horrible today.

Exactly, imagine the posts today if this was Saleh/Ulbrich's D getting lit up like this in a playoff game. Or even imagine hiring Quinn in any capacity after the 28-3 SB fiasco. 

1 minute ago, billo83 said:

This is brought up here all the time. When will people learn that Harbaugh would never ever work for a meddlesome, incompetent, and complete moron of an owner in Woody the clown. He could hand him a blank check and Harbaugh would rip it up and hand it back to him. He tried the same thing with the Tuna and how did that work out.

Spot on. Two of the greatest coaches in NFL history couldn’t get away from Woody fast enough. As long as it’s his team, we are going to continue to be the training program for college or pro coordinators. No real HC will ever work for this dope.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, section314 said:

I think Washington is the sleeper team for these top tier guys. The new owner, Josh Harris, is the type of guy who hires good people and lets them do their thing. As a Devil fan I’ve seen it first hand. He could offer BB or Harbough pretty much anything they would want and get out of the way. Also, they have pick #2 and the chance to either get the FQB, or a haul for it. 

As a sixers fan I have a different impression. 

This guy always hire the wrong people and make the wrong decisions. 

Gets influenced and bullied by league office  to do what they think is best for the league and only care about making money. 

Many times sixers trades rotation players at the deadline just so he can save some money 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

Spot on. Two of the greatest coaches in NFL history couldn’t get away from Woody fast enough. As long as it’s his team, we are going to continue to be the training program for college or pro coordinators. No real HC will ever work for this dope.

Exactly. People calling for Harbaugh need to realize that anyone of his ilk can get the money they want and work for whoever they want. Why on earth would they work for a complete imbecile and put their reputation at risk? Someone close to Woody (or the league for that matter) needs to step in and tell him to stay away from any and all football matters. Sign the checks, shut up and stay away. Even then he would have to hire the JD's of the world until he can prove he will no longer meddle. 

44 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

As a sixers fan I have a different impression. 

This guy always hire the wrong people and make the wrong decisions. 

Gets influenced and bullied by league office  to do what they think is best for the league and only care about making money. 

Many times sixers trades rotation players at the deadline just so he can save some money 

Not a big NBA guy so I’ll take your word for it. Haven’t seen that here TBH.