~~~ Sunday Football Thread (1/21/2024) ~~~

26 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Evans had to leave his feet and extend his arms to reach up for the ball on a route in motion.

If that ball is placed properly and hits him in stride its an easy catch and the int never happens.

Sorta like the pass Goff just threw but the receiver caught it for a td.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

It was a little high, but certainly catchable.  It actually says something when a former All-Pro WR, who is pretty notorious for hyping/defending the WRs, was putting it on the WR over the QB.

Not really, this is a qb driven league and the WR's always get blamed for everything 

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

Weird question but I’m streaming the game on the FiOS app and there haven’t been announcers all game long. At first I thought technical difficulties but it seems like you all can hear it? Anyone else? It’s refreshing just hearing the players, crowd noise and refs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sounds glorious. Let us know if you figure out how you set it up 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Throwing deep is such an equalizer. Doesn’t matter what the defense is doing underneath if you can throw over the top of everything. Obviously, it’s low percentage, but if you don’t have the most cerebral or capable QB, just let them rip a deep shot every so often. 

There was a classic deep chuck last week that drew a DPI too. You have to show it to make the defense respect it

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Throwing deep is such an equalizer. Doesn’t matter what the defense is doing underneath if you can throw over the top of everything. Obviously, it’s low percentage, but if you don’t have the most cerebral or capable QB, just let them rip a deep shot every so often. 

My biggest complaint of the offensive coaching during Wilson’s tenure here was not enough deep shots. 

you knew he was a slow processor with questionable decision-making. Let him roll out, read half the field, and chuck it deep down the sideline twice a quarter.  

• Post of the Week 1