Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

7 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

After this entire charade, only one thing is clear to me.

We’ve all seen and read that Woody runs the show. He’s making football decisions. It’s that simple.

A GM and HC can draft a young QB high and still need to develop him. If he’s not ready, he shouldn’t play, yet he did because the owner said so. That is not on them.

They then devise a plan in which the ONLY way they salvage sitting Zach is to go get someone like Rodgers. The ONLY reason they could sell this to Woody, bench a player they’ve drafted in the top 3 and paid tens of millions of dollars to, was to get Rodgers. They were not only trying to save their own jobs, but save Woody from himself!

There was no CHOICE to bring in a quality backup. That plan wouldn’t be bought by Woody. And when Rodgers got hurt, Woody knows they ALL looked dumb, so he is showing them some grace and giving them one more year before he fires them next year.

You’ve solely place Zach’s failure on the HC and GM and linked them and owner together. I don’t see this to be the case.

A few Saleh/JD E-White Knights are still riding, I see.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

30 sources.  Seems like every one there hates the team as much as we do lol 

That’s the most damming part, they are screaming to us jets fans: WE ARE NOT MAKING THIS UP! ALERT DISASTER HAPPENING! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Saleh has been a mess for 3 years, this article confirms alot for me.

How Woody or people beleive in this guy still is beyond me

It’s Woody and always has been no serious candidate will come here. You were yelling at the wrong person drunk in the rain. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Going after Aaron Rodgers totally destroyed a promising rebuilding team.   Utterly destroyed it.

Forget the damned leaks, and worrying about them.  Actually deal with the issues and make corrections.

Pathetically run team from owner to GM to coach.

"We've acquired some good players there fore we should be good by divine right, it doesn't work that way.

You have to constantly get better in all areas of a team in this league and this team went out of their way to get much worse in some areas to appease a cranky old QB.

Hiring Hackett was as dumb of a move as has been made for the ny Jets, ever.

Rich Kotite over Pete Carroll, Tim Tebow, Jamaal over Mahomes and Watson, Lou Holtz....   Let's not go crazy here

This article had to come from JDs people in the building, they are literally trying to make us believe everyone besides JD is the problem 

JD you forget some of us remember this: Report: Joe Douglas would take Jets GM job only if given full roster control

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/26/new-york-jets-gm-search-adam-gase-joe-douglas-roster-control-eagles/

• Upvote 3

Just now, bitonti said:

I don't think Saleh is so amazing as a HC he's just the only person doing their job (build a defense). And he's cheap so what do you expect? 

He's not the defensive coordinator, he's the head coach. He's responsible for the entire team, not just the defense. In fact, when he was hired, he was billed as a "CEO" type of coach who would have his hands over all aspects of the team. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

By the way Saleh makes like 3-5 mil rumored. The chargers are paying harbaugh 16 mil rumored 

The Jets are not in that market for coaches. They shop at the coach dollar store so Saleh is what he is 

This argument makes no sense. Saleh was a first time HC hire - all first time HC hires are relatively cheap. That doesn't absolve him of anything. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Carson Wentz signed for 1.1 million with the Rams after he reached out to the Jets. It wasn’t the money. 

What part of "Hackett's offense is complicated and requires a certain QB to run it" are you not getting?  You want to throw Woody/JD under the bus for hiring this guy to woo Rodgers, I'm with you.  But once that bed was made, you can't keep throwing these random QB's against the wall and assuming they'd stick.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Claymation said:

So how does she know what Saleh researched?  Did they get his search history or did he tell people around him that he did the research?  How did this knowledge come to her?  Inquiring minds need to know. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not really. The Jets are down on the list of national interest. 

You really believe these beat writers, working in the largest media market in the world, give a sh!t that they aren't getting eyeballs in Nebraska?  

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't think Saleh is so amazing as a HC he's just the only person doing their job (build a defense). And he's affordable so what do you expect? 

Saleh makes like 3-5 mil rumored. The chargers are paying harbaugh 16 mil rumored 

The Jets are not in that market for coaches. They shop at the coach dollar store so Saleh is what he is. He's like a spicy Bowles 

Which is fine. Not great not amazing but fine for the price 

The qb is incredibly overpaid by comparison 

Where does Saleh rank amongst the 32 NFL Head Coaches in 2023?

Without knowing that, it's impossible (IMO) to judge if we're cheap or not cheap.

How about this, where does Saleh's compensation rank amongst all the first-time rookie Head Coaches hired the past say, 10 years?

Again, these are objective questions that should be answerable with objective facts.

If Saleh is 32nd, i.e. lowest paid, lowest paid rookie HC of the last decade, thats says alot.

If he's in the middle, like 15th, on both, then his pay says almost nothing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

What part of "Hackett's offense is complicated and requires a certain QB to run it" are you not getting?  You want to throw Woody/JD under the bus for hiring this guy to woo Rodgers, I'm with you.  But once that bed was made, you can't keep throwing these random QB's against the wall and assuming they'd stick.  

Why was Zach on the team if he couldn’t run Hackett’s offense?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

Hackett offense is complicated is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read on JN

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, football guy said:

"Journalists" lol 

They aren't all Manish 

Look If you read the article and have a different opinion fine 

But to refuse to read the article on principles or whatever is weak sauce 

It makes me wonder what other information you are avoiding 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Rich Kotite over Pete Carroll, Tim Tebow, Jamaal over Mahomes and Watson, Lou Holtz....   Let's not go crazy here

Most of those are mistakes in judgement and bad decisions that the people making them had other ideas about.

Hackett had a proven track record of utter failure and was a joke in denver, the worst oc you could imagine and they hired him becasue he made Rodgers laugh.

The jets predictably had the worst offense in the league and the team is bringing him back for the same reason they hired him, buddies with rodgers.

If you do not want to make this reason #1 it's top 5.

Corey Davis , soothsayer 

Hardman and Cook asking out and now Hogan. Can’t remember that happening before. 

Feel really bad for the high quality players and people like Q and Q and sauce and JJ etc.

what a wasted season.

They beat the Bills and eagles and gave the chiefs a scare with all of this going on 

best kicking season ever too. Finally had above average kicker and punter.  

images pictures GIF

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He's not the defensive coordinator, he's the head coach. He's responsible for the entire team, not just the defense. In fact, when he was hired, he was billed as a "CEO" type of coach who would have his hands over all aspects of the team. 

This argument makes no sense. Saleh was a first time HC hire - all first time HC hires are relatively cheap. That doesn't absolve him of anything. 

All head coaches are either offensive or defensive 

You can't hire Saleh at bargain prices and be mad he's not Andy Reid 

That's like me getting mad at my kia for not being a Mercedes 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone taken anything new or groundbreaking away from this obviously exaggerated article?

• Saleh is immature and in over his head
  • Hackett isn't a good OC without Rodgers
  • Saleh hates Zach Wilson
  • The defense gets burned out by the offense sucking
  • The Jets hitched their wagon to Rodgers
  • The season was over the second Rodgers got hurt
  • Woody Johnson cares about media headlines good or bad too much

This entire article is an exaggeration of what we have all been saying all year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you do not want to make this reason #1 it's top 5.

Despite all the rule changes over the last century designed to increase offense the 2023 Jets had the worst rate of 3rd down conversion and red zone offense in league history  

They also have a 12 year playoff drought despite the league adding a 7th spot 

We're at an all time low however you want to tally it up 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Has anyone taken anything new or groundbreaking away from this obviously exaggerated article?

This entire article is an exaggeration of what we have all been saying all year.

Absolutely nothing new.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Where does Saleh rank amongst the 32 NFL head Coaches in 2023?

Without knowing that, it's impossible (IMO) to judge if we're cheap or not cheap.

How about this, where does Saleh's compensation rank amongst all the first-time rookie Head Coaches hired the past say, 10 years?

Again, these are objective questions that should be answerable with objective facts.

If Saleh is 32nd, i.e. lowest paid, lowest paid rookie HC of the last decade, thats says alot.

If he's in the middle, like 15th, on both, then his pay says almost nothing.

The issue is that coaching contracts aren't typically publicly available the way players contracts are, so we are always relying on "reports" of how much they make. I remember reading an article that said something like "Albert Breer ESTIMATES that Kyle Shanahan's contract is X million per year"

How much did Sean Mcvay make when he was first hired by the Rams? Do we know? (I'll guarantee you it was a lot less than he's making since he got his extension after going to a SB . . . ) How much is Demeco Ryans making? Either way, Saleh potentially being cheap doesn't absolve him of his responsibility for the team's record under his leadership. 

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Questions that still need answering- 

what did Joe Douglas do?

why was Wilson on the team?