Zach Wilson and family (entire family) living it up in Utah

On 2/3/2024 at 12:06 PM, Rangers9 said:

Look you have no argument from me about Zach on the field. He had 32 starts here and he sucks. But these off the field attacks are trash. 

CRUMBL TAKES NEW YORK CITY! 🍎
We are thrilled to announce we are opening our FIRST Crumbl location in NEW YORK CITY! 🗽 With New York Jets' Zach Wilson and family as the franchise owners, they are ready to bring the best cookies in the world to every doorstep in NYC. 🏈
Who's gonna be there today!? ✋ #CrumblCookies
312300649_2313151385516233_7167216725997

312364065_2313151415516230_1803828814024

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, fullblast said:

image.thumb.png.8c4f2b2ce8b65a0126fe6aec823a8d23.png

Even a God-fearing Catholic guy should stop by CVS or Walgreen's from time to time. Cute kids nonetheless. The car insurance when they all start driving....

Had Johnson and Douglas removed their heads from their posteriors on the night Rodgers went down and called the above, Jets would have been a playoff team. But no, they had to keep up the pretense Zach Wilson(Native American name; "Runs Backward") was an NFL QB. Johnson because at his heart is a cheap bastid who can't grasp the big picture past his crappy garish jewelry. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/2/2024 at 4:06 PM, Matt39 said:

It’s become increasingly difficult to find out any information about the Jets starting QB the last 3 seasons, so to see him finally surface is noteworthy. It always seems to be in Utah with his pack though. Weird.

It’s very weird that he and only he, goes back to visit family from time to time.  

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He wasn’t in the facility once last offseason. Or the season before that. You can’t say the quarterback overall 2 pick is putting in the work living at home in the friendly confides of Utah. Mixture of not knowing how to work hard with rough interpersonal skills, especially in an nfl locker room.

There you go making shlt up again because you saw film of him at his parents place on Memorial Day weekend.  
That you don’t realize what the jet plane has done for people is kind of shocking.  
You need to stop obsessing 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There you go making shlt up again because you saw film of him at his parents place on Memorial Day weekend.  
That you don’t realize what the jet plane has done for people is kind of shocking.  
You need to stop obsessing 

Share what his offseason looks like then. Has he ever led workouts at Florham Park? Things typically expected of the QB second pick. 

• Upvote 1

Zach was not only benched in 2022 but deactivated for several games a pretty serious development in only his second year in the NFL. He made some mistakes off the field esp after that NEP game when he wouldn't take any blame for that zero offense game to me it was overblown and all he did was to show confidence in himself. Look the guy is still only in early 20's it's not over for him. What impressed me about him after being demoted is I remember seeing tapes of a Jets practice where he was just a teammate and joking around with the HC who just demoted him. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach was not only benched in 2022 but deactivated for several games a pretty serious development in only his second year in the NFL. He made some mistakes off the field esp after that NEP game when he wouldn't take any blame for that zero offense game to me it was overblown and all he did was to show confidence in himself. Look the guy is still only in early 20's it's not over for him. What impressed me about him after being demoted is I remember seeing tapes of a Jets practice where he was just a teammate and joking around with the HC who just demoted him. 

And he never said a bad word (at least publicly) about anyone.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He wasn’t in the facility once last offseason. Or the season before that. You can’t say the quarterback overall 2 pick is putting in the work living at home in the friendly confides of Utah. Mixture of not knowing how to work hard with rough interpersonal skills, especially in an nfl locker room.

And this is why Joe Douglas needs to be fired. This is not something they should have been shocked with. They definitely have guys who do a lot of background/ character work, especially on 1st round picks. The whole weak pretty boy/ mammas boy stuff was all ignored by JD. Just like the pre draft rumors about becton having issues with weight, motor hustle, all red flags for a lineman.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

1) it showed, at best, an inability to handle a reasonable and standard question for a quarterback who just put up zero points. At worst he is completely disconnected from reality. 

2) it is extremely over for him. Guy can't play and everyone knows it. He'll probably stick around the league for a while but he's an all time bust. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And he never said a bad word (at least publicly) about anyone.

Whatever the “Mamba mentality” is, Zach Wilson doesn’t have it.

It’s not something you can fake.

Kid is perfectly content staying out of harm’s way and cashing Woody’s millions, spending time in his cocoon in Utah with his girlfriend and family.

I can’t say I blame him, but it’s not what the NYJ needed out of a #2 overall pick.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah and the rest of us wanted a # 2 overall picked QB to suck.  FFS.

IMO he tried his best and just wasn't that good. And many people have kept trying and improved. There's plenty esp in sports. Maybe his learning curve is a lot longer than some other players. So I don't resent him for not being a good enough player. I hope he makes it. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

IMO he tried his best and just wasn't that good. And many people have kept trying and improved. There's plenty esp in sports. Maybe his learning curve is a lot longer than some other players. So I don't resent him for not being a good enough player. I hope he makes it. 

Adidas L GIF by Sneakersnstuff

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Whatever the “Mamba mentality” is, Zach Wilson doesn’t have it.

It’s not something you can fake.

Kid is perfectly content staying out of harm’s way and cashing Woody’s millions, spending time in his cocoon in Utah with his girlfriend and family.

I can’t say I blame him, but it’s not what the NYJ needed out of a #2 overall pick.

Certainly possible.  Though it could also be that we just view him that way because he's a Mormon and most Jet fans are probably not Mormons.  I still give him a lot of credit for improving this past season when he could've easily been crushed by the negativity of the fans and media (and I think he stunk his first 2 years too, btw).  To me, that indicates he's got confidence in himself.  I respect that a lot and it makes me root for the guy.

I'm sure he is enjoying life in the offseason but we don't know what he's doing other than that.  We might see pics of him on the beach with his girlfriend but, for all we know, he might've already worked out for several hours that day.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

As an older person I root for young people to succeed not fail. 

As a somewhat older person, I root for NY Jets players currently on the NY Jets to succeed, and players of the other 31 teams to fail.  JMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jdeet said:

Bring Zach to New Jersey, put him front of a firing squad @Matt39 @Jetsfan80 @T0mShane and end it already. 

But probably even gunned down, we will still get new topics about how bad he is and how visiting his family in Utah during off season is being a bad teammate. 

I agree with the overall point that bringing people to New Jersey is poor form.

• Haha 1

I've suffered through Zach's three years here.  He failed miserably.  However, the team failed him.

Only a fool drafts a quarterback with the second pick of the draft and doesn't put any semblance of a decent line in front of him.  The Jets line, assembled by our incompetent GM, has gone from terrible to disgraceful to " How could it be this bad" in Zach's three years.

I saw the Jets destroy Peyton Manning in a playoff game because they had him under constant pressure.  I saw Tom Brady look terrible against a relentless Giant rush in a super Bowl.  The point is, even the best experienced QB;s are not successful without solid protection.  Look at the top 5 QB's every year and they share one thing few talk about, a clean jersey every week.

Zach failed miserably.  If he goes to a team that has a solid offensive line and quality skill players, I believe he may make every fan pull their hair out that our team screwed up so badly.  The owner picks the GM.  No team has had a run of more incompetent GM's than our Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

I've suffered through Zach's three years here.  He failed miserably.  However, the team failed him.

Only a fool drafts a quarterback with the second pick of the draft and doesn't put any semblance of a decent line in front of him.  The Jets line, assembled by our incompetent GM, has gone from terrible to disgraceful to " How could it be this bad" in Zach's three years.

I saw the Jets destroy Peyton Manning in a playoff game because they had him under constant pressure.  I saw Tom Brady look terrible against a relentless Giant rush in a super Bowl.  The point is, even the best experienced QB;s are not successful without solid protection.  Look at the top 5 QB's every year and they share one thing few talk about, a clean jersey every week.

Zach failed miserably.  If he goes to a team that has a solid offensive line and quality skill players, I believe he may make every fan pull their hair out that our team screwed up so badly.  The owner picks the GM.  No team has had a run of more incompetent GM's than our Jets.

Tldr version: Zach lack da weponz

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

Only a fool drafts a quarterback with the second pick of the draft and doesn't put any semblance of a decent line in front of him. 

Unathletic stiffs Joe Flacco and Mike White had sack rates twice as low as Zach Wilson's from 2021-22.

Enough with this "TEH JETS RUINED ZACH" take that is empirically false.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Wilson has enough arm talent and is athletic enough to be an NFL QB but he lacks the maturity to be a leader right now. His biggest issue is that his ability to read and react is well below NFL standards and I don’t believe he ever will be able to. It is a failed draft pick and it’s time to move on. Get what you can for him or cut him but for the good of the team he has to go.

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Share what his offseason looks like then. Has he ever led workouts at Florham Park? Things typically expected of the QB second pick. 

He’s led workouts across the country.  Paid everyone’s way.  Killing two of your theories.  
Why?  Can’t be at the facility practicing in the off season.  Another theory shot down

He’s sucked but he’s said to be a gym rat.  Yet you keep making these stories up that defy logic.