Dan Quinn Fires Eric Bieniemy

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Huge difference.  Bienemy isn't buddies with Aaron Rodgers.

Doesn't matter, he's not an OC or even close. Why have two Hackets? Give me an aggressive play caller who isn't friends with Rodgers. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Gibby said:

He will. Then he’ll be the HC when Andy retires. Then he’ll flop. Then get fired.

KC will never hire him as HC.  Reid isn’t retiring anytime soon either IMO why would he he has the GOAT QB.

EB was and will be an equity hire at the OC or HC level no thank you.

In what role would we be adding him?  Assistant OC?  Hackett ain't going anywhere unless JD gets Rodgers' blessing, and I highly doubt that happens.  He'll want to give him another year with his main QB on the field.  Would Bieniemy take a role like that?  Do straight up assistant OCs even exist?  Maybe if we didn't fill our RB coach spot since I think that's what he was before becoming an OC, but we just filled that spot.

I think it is what it is at this point.  Maybe we'll make some lower level hires to try and make Hackett's life easier but I'd be surprised if any big name is brought in.  More than likely this is it....sink or swim, it's on the current regime.  If they succeed, awesome.  We're certainly due.  If not, they're gone.  All of them.  JD, Saleh, Hackett, Rodgers.  Post-24/25 season we'll bring in a whole new staff, and by the looks of things next year's coaching market will be another good one.  Headlined by Detroit's OC Ben Johnson.

• Upvote 1

Whoever the Jets bring onto the offensive staff need to be ok with Hackett's Monday morning ranking of Favorite Will Ferrall movie quotes and Tuesday's Best Items on Taco Bell's menu ranking. Remember, the point is to make it FUN!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, AL047 said:

This was bound to happen in Washington but I believe some team will eventually pick him up. I would not be surprised if ends up in KC again.

Possibly, but they seem to be doing fine without him.  They survived the departure of Tyreek Hill and made it to the Super Bowl again.  I don’t think EB moves the needle much at all for an offense.  Just my humble opinion, but there’s a reason he’s never gotten a HC job and why teams aren’t trying to retain him as OC.

16 hours ago, RJIII said:

Jeez, no! EB is a position coach at best. No difference between him and Hacket. 

Oh No Omg GIF by CBS

I’d say Bienemy is orders of magnitude better than Hackett. Which isn’t saying much considering how dreadful Hackett was the past two seasons. A broken clock is better than Hackett

Eric Bieniemy was not terribly popular in his year down here in DC.

Most fans and media seemed to think he was a big part of why Howell got sacked so much, and that EB was failing to protect his QB, and put too much burden on a young mid-round QB.  It worked for a while, but clearly failed down the stretch.  His best WR had a down year, his RB's weren't utilized to their fullest, he seemed ill informed several times at press conferences, etc.

Seeing him up close this year, I think I can see why he's had such trouble getting a Head Coaching gig at the NFL level.  

Personally, I want no part of him with the Jets, despite my dislike of our current O-Co/Rodgers Sycophant.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Whoever the Jets bring onto the offensive staff need to be ok with Hackett's Monday morning ranking of Favorite Will Ferrall movie quotes and Tuesday's Best Items on Taco Bell's menu ranking. Remember, the point is to make it FUN!

When he was hired by Denver, NFL Network had him "Mic'd Up" during practice and showed him "Coaching" during Camp. I believe my comment here was something to the effect of, "This guy is an idiot and a clown and has no shot".

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Eric Bieniemy was not terribly popular in his year down here in DC.

Most fans and media seemed to think he was a big part of why Howell got sacked so much, and that EB was failing to protect his QB, and put too much burden on a young mid-round QB.  It worked for a while, but clearly failed down the stretch.  His best WR had a down year, his RB's weren't utilized to their fullest, he seemed ill informed several times at press conferences, etc.

Seeing him up close this year, I think I can see why he's had such trouble getting a Head Coaching gig at the NFL level.  

Personally, I want no part of him with the Jets, despite my dislike of our current O-Co/Rodgers Sycophant.

I don't pay much attention to the Commanders but recall Sam Howell being the leading passer in the league at some point near mid-season. Looks like he dropped off pretty hard the second half of the season but I never heard of the dude prior to 2023. Could be the league adjusted and the OC didn't counter.

I don't know how useful he is, but I would bring him in as QBC/ball breaker, which would give us an option if AR8 goes down again and we just fire Hackett on the spot rather than have him continue to embarrass us.  

1 hour ago, varjet said:

I don't know how useful he is, but I would bring him in as QBC/ball breaker, which would give us an option if AR8 goes down again and we just fire Hackett on the spot rather than have him continue to embarrass us.  

The point of interim coaches is to give the job to somebody that might not otherwise have a chance and see what they can do.  Not bring in another loser just to finish out the season.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't pay much attention to the Commanders but recall Sam Howell being the leading passer in the league at some point near mid-season. Looks like he dropped off pretty hard the second half of the season but I never heard of the dude prior to 2023. Could be the league adjusted and the OC didn't counter.

He was indeed a leader in yardage, but it was misleading.  He was far more a leader in attempts.  His per-attempts stats were actually pretty pedestrian despite being top 1-2 in gross yardage for a while.

I.e. EB was having Howell throw it a metric ton, like 40-50 times a game, and not really using his running game at all.

Led to alot of yards, but alot more sacks.  Howell was early on on pace to set the all-time NFL record for being sacked.  He wound up leading the league being sacked 65 times in 2023.  That's atrocious.

And yes, Howell burned out mid-way through the year being whipped at that pace.  We often talk about not throwing a kid to the wolves, but EB did just that with Howell, and it failed horribly.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

He was indeed a leader in yardage, but it was misleading.  He was far more a leader in attempts.  His per-attempts stats were actually pretty pedestrian despite being top 1-2 in gross yardage for a while.

I.e. EB was having Howell throw it a metric ton, like 40-50 times a game, and not really using his running game at all.

Led to alot of yards, but alot more sacks.  Howell was early on on pace to set the all-time NFL record for being sacked.  He wound up leading the league being sacked 65 times in 2023.  That's atrocious.

And yes, Howell burned out mid-way through the year being whipped at that pace.  We often talk about not throwing a kid to the wolves, but EB did just that with Howell, and it failed horribly.  

Sounds like he tried to operate the Washington offense like it was the Chiefs offense. Except it wasn't.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2024 at 4:32 PM, RJIII said:

Jeez, no! EB is a position coach at best. No difference between him and Hacket. 

Oh No Omg GIF by CBS

Didn't that team score a lot of points with a really trash QB? Like to the point where most people he was going to be decent?

I think he is fine for oc. But Rodgers like Hackett 

On 2/6/2024 at 11:02 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Didn't that team score a lot of points with a really trash QB? Like to the point where most people he was going to be decent?

I think he is fine for oc. But Rodgers like Hackett 

Rodgers is the OC, not Hackett. Hackett serves as a "cosultant" and the OC is nothing other than optics. EB is no different. 

On 2/6/2024 at 10:44 AM, Gibby said:

He will. Then he’ll be the HC when Andy retires. Then he’ll flop. Then get fired.

Nagy is reportedly the guy they brought back to take over for Andy which was what made EB expendable.

In what role would we be adding him?  Assistant OC?  Hackett ain't going anywhere unless JD gets Rodgers' blessing, and I highly doubt that happens.  He'll want to give him another year with his main QB on the field.  Would Bieniemy take a role like that?  Do straight up assistant OCs even exist?  Maybe if we didn't fill our RB coach spot since I think that's what he was before becoming an OC, but we just filled that spot.

I think it is what it is at this point.  Maybe we'll make some lower level hires to try and make Hackett's life easier but I'd be surprised if any big name is brought in.  More than likely this is it....sink or swim, it's on the current regime.  If they succeed, awesome.  We're certainly due.  If not, they're gone.  All of them.  JD, Saleh, Hackett, Rodgers.  Post-24/25 season we'll bring in a whole new staff, and by the looks of things next year's coaching market will be another good one.  Headlined by Detroit's OC Ben Johnson.
Hackett + Bienemy

0 + 0 still is and always will be equal to nothing more than 0

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk