~~~ Unofficial Super Bowl Thread KC vs SF ~~~

4 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Thank You JD. Thank You.  Chief fans will build a statue of JD eating a pretzel in front of Arrowhead Stadium for 2024 season opener.

I hope JD has a massive heart attack and an underling drafts  for us.  Then we go on to a winning season after Saleh is hit by an errant golf shot.  We literally have the worst HC and GM in the league .  Come on Fate, you owe us!!!!!

What a cornucopia of douche-dom.

And thanks, so much, not scoring that TD at the end of the 4th quarter, costing me a serious box win.

Hardman scoring the winning TD is a cherry on the poop Sunday. 

If there's a God, a pox on all of them. Or failing in that, the clap. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Every time they cut to her it was like she had never watched a football game before

True, but as I've said there are probably a million girls who would never have thought to watch a game ever who just might become fans of the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

Greatest super bowl ever. What a wild game.

I loved watching this game. I'm of the opinion that the best games are the ones where the good offenses are smothered by the better defenses, that end up being close. Exactly what happened here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Steve Wilkes with the zero blitz was so stupid. Cost them the game. Choked.

Giving up two shallow crossers in huge spots after shutting it down the entire game is inexcusable. Probably figured Bosa was gassed and wanted to ensure they got pressure

Looked like both teams were exhausted in OT. Makes sense   not letting a  FG on the 1st possession win, but scoring a TD on the 1st possession should be it. May be the Niners would have made different choices. 

Refs mostly let them play today. Did let some holding go late but was the case for both teams. Would hope come September the NFL take that point to heart and stops making every game a flag festival. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Two Observations.

1-Mahomes is freaking special.

2- When push comes to shove, that San Fran ( Jets too) , rush only 4, type defence always breaks down. Spags ran circles around the niners in the 2nd half. He’s the unsung hero.

Defenses are gonna wear out. In OT, both defenses were gassed. These guys were going balls out for 60 minutes. Asking them to go any further meant very ragged defense.