Jets announce uniform change for 2024 season

57 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd make fun of a thread about clothes going 14 pages, but I guess I have no leg to stand on for being the driving force of a thread about a QB3 reaching 24 pages.

😨 24 pages .... WE GOT SOME WORK TO DO Y'ALL!

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd make fun of a thread about clothes going 14 pages, but I guess I have no leg to stand on for being the driving force of a thread about a QB3 reaching 24 pages.

In fairness, five full pages of that thread are just you and @Matt39 bitching. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

So basically they can have 2 uniforms and 3 helmets?

Home - Green
Away - White
Alt - Black

?? - Possible navy/gold titans throwback?

Now we can have Green,Black and a classic/throwback helmet!

39 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The three helmet rule makes tons of sense btw.  Glad they came to their senses on that crap.

100% same with more jerseys, it only means more dollars for them. 

46 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The three helmet rule makes tons of sense btw.  Glad they came to their senses on that crap.

I hope they go green, white, and that sweet navy blue Titans one. That would be cool. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, slats said:

I hope they go green, white, and that sweet navy blue Titans one. That would be cool. 

Sounds good to me.  I liked the Titans throwbacks more than most.

Also, makes zero sense to have a black helmet.  The black on black set is tacky enough, but it looks better with the green helmet.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Sounds good to me.  I liked the Titans throwbacks more than most.

Also, makes zero sense to have a black helmet.  The black on black set is tacky enough, but it looks better with the green helmet.

The Titans blue is a real throw-back to a bygone day.  That is what makes it special.  The Namath / Parcells era uni is still pretty much fresh in the mind as is the 80's Sack Exchange - O'Brien era unis.

BTW... What I would like best as the regular full time uni is the best of the 80's and 2020's.  The new eye popping slick metallic green helmet with the flashy 80's helmet logo, white face mask, oxford white pants and jersey with clean, crisp green numbers and stipes.  Invert the jersey color to green with white stripes as the "home" uni, but PLESSE NO GREEN PANTS, NO BLACK ANYTHING... EVER !!!! 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

BTW... What I would like best as the regular full time uni is the best of the 80's and 2020's.  The new eye popping slick metallic green helmet with the flashy 80's helmet logo, white face mask, oxford white pants and jersey with clean, crisp green numbers and stipes.  Invert the jersey color to green with white stripes as the "home" uni, but PLESSE NO GREEN PANTS, NO BLACK ANYTHING... EVER !!!! 

If I could start from scratch, this isn't exactly what I'd pick (see: my avatar).  But given what we know about what we're getting, I think your approach is the best.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

If I could start from scratch, this isn't exactly what I'd pick (see: my avatar).  But given what we know about what we're getting, I think your approach is the best.

I would also be perfectly happy with your approach.  The tweaked version of the Namath uni which was introduced back in the 2nd year of Parcells as Jets HC.  That is a clean, crisp, mature, slick and professional looking uni. 

9 hours ago, slats said:

I think it might be grey. In one of Woody's random posts he had a random white green and gray circle. Seemed silly at the time but maybe with the 3 helmets maybe they go grey

They missed the mark with the all black.  A gunmetal gray with Gotham green numbers and stripes would've been unique.    
Yeah ..lots of options gunmetal green number with white outline would have been fire.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Okay so jersey questions 

1. Do we think we get a throwback unveiled in addition to Home and Alt on Monday?
  2. Will they be up for sale on Fanatics on Monday?
  3. What jersey from lets say Home and Alt based on rumored design are you looking to get (Game/Fuse Limited/ Elite ...and what player)

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

Okay so jersey questions 

1. Do we think we get a throwback unveiled in addition to Home and Alt on Monday?
  2. Will they be up for sale on Fanatics on Monday?
  3. What jersey from lets say Home and Alt based on rumored design are you looking to get (Game/Fuse Limited/ Elite ...and what player)

Once they are released, they are for sale. They will release every iteration of their uniforms on Monday.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Once they are released, they are for sale. They will release every iteration of their uniforms on Monday.

There has been no official word from the Jets organization that the new uniforms are coming on Monday. All we have to go on is a few anonymous sources.  Strange that the Jets didn't put out any actual date like the other clubs. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Though I feel they could delay the throwback and only release the home and alt on Monday and then garner more hype for a throwback. 

23 minutes ago, teptep said:

There has been no official word from the Jets organization that the new uniforms are coming on Monday. All we have to go on is a few anonymous sources.  Strange that the Jets didn't put out any actual date like the other clubs. 

Whilst this is true there is a website dedicated to sports uniforms across all the professional leagues and their contacts are usually spot on for jersey release dates and rumors. I followed them closely for the NHL Stadium Series dates and they were spot on. 

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Will an image of Brock Bowers be on the uniform?

You need to hold it up to the light! 🙃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

The font is reminding me why the team moved on from this Logo 30 years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Maybe it will look good in Braille.

• Haha 1