Aaron Rodgers

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No thanks 

So all those positive thoughts last year, I guess Aaron's Achilles tendon didn't get the memo? 

Jets fans were so positive last spring we were buying Jets to win the sb futures 

There's no corelation between positive thoughts and nfl success 

So I guess home field advantage is not really an advantage at all. Screaming positive fans offer nothing to NFL teams . Seattle and KC have some of the loudest fans in the NFL think that does not play into the emotion of a football game ? Think that does not wreak havoc on opposing offense when they can't even hear each other talk in the huddle ? Just so you know this exact thing has been studied across many platforms that positive thinking on a large scale does have an effect and the amount of studies done on this very subject can't be discounted. As a matter of fact studies they are now doing on this very subject and nothing short of amazing with the results being reported. I'm not sure if any studies have been done with sports but this seems to effect numerous things across the board so don't just discount it like it does not exist in the world of the NY Jets

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Rodgers actually said the doubters are his motivation. 

Keep up the good work Bit.  Hopefully it will provide the fuel to make the Jets champs.  I'm all in on providing a ton of motivation.  I'm very dissapointed in all the toxic fans who feel the need to praise Rodgers and the Jets insuring they aren't motivated.

The NY Jets have the longest playoff draught in professional sports, but please, do go on about our negativity. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So I guess home field advantage is not really an advantage at all. Screaming positive fans offer nothing to NFL teams . Seattle and KC have some of the loudest fans in the NFL think that does not play into the emotion of a football game ? Think that does not wreak havoc on opposing offense when they can't even hear each other talk in the huddle ? Just so you know this exact thing has been studied across many platforms that positive thinking on a large scale does have an effect and the amount of studies done on this very subject can't be discounted. As a matter of fact studies they are now doing on this very subject and nothing short of amazing with the results being reported. I'm not sure if any studies have been done with sports but this seems to effect numerous things across the board so don't just discount it like it does not exist in the world of the NY Jets

Is this a diary entry or a post on a NY Jets message board?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Let me remind you that Maxs board has an ignore feature you can put me on that list and remain blissfully hopeful all year long 

This is a third place in the afc east roster, they need to replace 3 of the 5 offensive linemen and Aaron Rodgers the most expensive player in franchise history is physically done 

This is not a good roster it's fatally flawed 

It's all over but the crying 

See you next offseason for the next rebuild 

Dude don't play the ignore game with me ..... we are having a discussion and yes amazingly we are allowed to disagree. For the most part I like the points you make on this board so don't assume I would simply ignore you over a small disagreement. That would be pretty petty no ? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

Is this a diary entry or a post on a NY Jets message board?

Not sure what you mean there.... its part of the point I'm trying to make moving forward with some positive thoughts on the team we all root for 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

I keep reading all this ridiculous criticism from people on this board about Rodgers and its really some of the stupidest sh*t I have ever read. 

The guy comes here as a HOF QB Shows up for Rookie Camp, shows up for OTA's Takes a huge pay cut and does nothing but stay positive since he's been here yet Jets fans 

blame him for last years debacle ? Sure you may blame him for bringing in a few players he felt could help the team like Cobb but Its obvious Cobb 

while now pretty much washed up was here to change a culture and basically be a player coach to help with the transition. Yes you can make the argument 

he was taking up an important roster spot, since they are all Important, but some players and coaches value what some of these older players bring and felt it 

would help our young roster. I tend to agree with that philosophy. When it comes to Lazard the Jets signed him way before Aaron was signed, sure they figured 

It might lure in the HOF QB, no one expected him to suck so bad but he did. So we get a guy this year in FA move Lazard accordingly and see if things change 

this upcoming season and we have to hope they do. Turner was not brought in here to start he was a body brought in not expecting the entire line to get hurt

forcing him into a starting role. Not one single team in this league could have succeeded with what the Jets dealt with this year not even KC or SF so get over it.

When it comes to the garbage narrative of Rodgers running the team, that's also pure nonsense. Do the Jets value Rodgers opinion ? I'm sure they do. I'm sure anyone with a 

Brain should work with a QB who has been in this game his entire life and actually played at the highest level in this leagues history for 20+ years. But none of that is good enough 

for Jets fans they must find fault in everything because the guys foot got stuck in the sh*tty turf at Metlife and lost the season. 

If Jets fans should cry about anything they should be crying about the dumb luck this franchise has endured for the last 54 years.

Its time to be positive. Constant negativity by such a large amount of people will continue to bring nothing but negativity. I'm a big believer that large scale 

thoughts (positive or negative) do effect things in life and I do believe this franchise is 100% effected by it. It blows my mind how a guy can come in here and try to 

be positive and get nothing but negative in return. That's a huge let down . If you're a true Jets fan you can help change the culture as well.

Nobody takes seriously the foolish comments from the “fans” that are ripping Rodgers. It gets annoying reading them but then I remember from where it comes

• WTF? 1

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Bullsh*t 

The Jets are terrible Rodgers is washed and saying these things out loud does not jinx the team 

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No thanks 

So all those positive thoughts last year, I guess Aaron's Achilles tendon didn't get the memo? 

Jets fans were so positive last spring we were buying Jets to win the sb futures 

dead harry styles GIF

Bro we have officially reached peak Jetsy: “the negative things you guys type on JN are hurting the team in rl”

LMAOOOO

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I was at game 1 when Aaron went down

As I'm sure many others from the board were there too 

When Gipson returned that punt it was the loudest I've ever heard met life 

Don't put this disaster on the fans 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No thanks 

That was fake positivity and good vibes w/ SB aspirations, this time, we need the real thing! 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, bitonti said:

I was at game 1 when Aaron went down

When Gipson returned that punt it was the loudest I've ever heard met life 

Don't put this disaster on the fans 

Once again where exactly do I put this on the fans ? No need to twist this into something its not

Just now, Jack Straw said:

The NY Jets have the longest playoff draught in professional sports, but please, do go on about our negativity. 

Nothing negative at all about rooting for the team you grew up with that represents your home town even if it's owned and run by incompetents.  It's natural to root for your home team and for it to become part of you.   Fans don't choose the owners, management or the players.  They simply pay for it and are expected to enjoy winning and dislike lossing but be good sports about it. 

• Upvote 1

Its time to be positive. Constant negativity by such a large amount of people will continue to bring nothing but negativity. I'm a big believer that large scale thoughts (positive or negative) do effect things in life and I do believe this franchise is 100% effected by it. It blows my mind how a guy can come in here and try to be positive and get nothing but negative in return. That's a huge let down . If you're a true Jets fan you can help change the culture as well.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Did I ever say it was the fans fault ? I was implying the fans could help by staying positive 

Ummmm, yes, this is exactly what you said.  lmfao 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Nobody takes seriously the foolish comments from the “fans” that are ripping Rodgers. It gets annoying reading them but then I remember from where it comes

The criticism of Rodgers' is misplaced, but I understand why anger is being direct his way. He's the face of a faceless franchise. The general negativity, however, is justified. This organization is run by a man who's done nothing in his life to earn it, and the results speak for themselves.

Nothing will change with Woody "leading" this organization. You could leave him in a room for 100 years with a Rubrik's cube and there would be no solving it. Just a man with a pile of his grandaddy's cash spinning a cube wondering why he's a failure. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

What are you actually disagreeing with? These two things are the same.

It isn’t. Half the board thinks Aaron Rodgers is the real gm.

Implementing a new offense by adding players that know the system is very common when teams are changing systems. Those moves were made because that’s what NFL teams do, not because it makes Aaron Rodgers feel comfortable. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

The criticism of Rodgers' is misplaced, but I understand why anger is being direct his way. He's the face of a faceless franchise. The general negativity, however, is justified. This organization is run by a man who's done nothing in his life to earn it, and the results speak for themselves.

Nothing will change with Woody "leading" this organization. You could leave him in a room for 100 years with a Rubrik's cube and there would be no solving it. Just a man with a pile of his grandaddy's cash spinning a cube wondering why he's a failure. 

Please!! I’ve read the dumbest criticisms of Rodgers on this board. If you want to rip Woody, fine. However Rodgers has done nothing but the right things and has been trying to change the losing culture of the franchise. I don’t even blame him for the questionable additions of his “ friends” on the team. If JD acquiesces to Rodgers that’s on JD not Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

It isn’t. Half the board thinks Aaron Rodgers is the real gm.

Implementing a new offense by adding players that know the system is very common when teams are changing systems. Those moves were made because that’s what NFL teams do, not because it makes Aaron Rodgers feel comfortable. 

Half the board thinks Hackett is an NFL OC.  

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Please!! I’ve read the dumbest criticisms of Rodgers on the board. If you want to rip Woody, fine. However Rodgers has done nothing but the right things and has been trying to change the losing culture of the franchise. I don’t even blame him for the questionable additions of his “ friends” on the team. If JD acquiesces to Rodgers that’s on JD not Rodgers.

Rodger got on Mcaffee and lied his ass off about the Packers.  He should be hated by Jets fans because we have such a dumb owner GM and HC they allowed Rodgers to shoot his way onto the team and get Green Bay compensated for it.

Rodgers is going to be a mixed bag at best. For me the biggest problem moving forward that directly relates to Rodgers is the OC position. I don't believe Hackett was brought in exclusively to lure out Rodgers but he's definitely staying on the staff because of Rodgers. So the Jets are stuck hiring a second OC to a coaching staff that has one foot out the door to share duties with a failure who is under the protection of Rodgers. On top of that, Woody apparently needs to see Saleh involved with the offense so Saleh has to at least pretend to participate. What halfway decent OC wants to come join that absolute disaster knowing they might be fired at the end of the year? Until that gets sorted out, I'll reserve feeling any sort of optimism about the next season.

• Upvote 1

I don’t a problem with any of the Green Bay guys the jets brought in.  True Lazard underachieved by a large margin but he also had a track record of improving in each of his four seasons with Green Bay.  The jets may have overpaid when he was signed but I think if he’s a professional he’ll. Bounce back with a good season.  As for the rest, it’s not like turner or Cobb or even Boyle took the place of significantly better players on the roster.  They may have supplanted some younger players but maybe not better ones.

I do think how the season turned out is directly on saleh.  I think it’s far too easy to blame Zach or even Hackett for the offensive woes.  It comes down to how much attention saleh paid to the unit.  I remember watching salehs pressers where he went overboard to praise Zach but it seems pretty evident from the recent stories that he actually didn’t like him.  Just how is any player supposed to play when a coach gets a hair across his butt?  This falls on Douglas too since he probably thought Zach had the talent to carry the team and so didn’t go after a decent backup until finally signing Siemien.  But even, consider how many games passed between bringing siemien in and him finally starting.  And the excuse was he was trying to learn Rodgers system?  Pretty lame.  

12 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Please!! I’ve read the dumbest criticisms of Rodgers on this board. If you want to rip Woody, fine. However Rodgers has done nothing but the right things and has been trying to change the losing culture of the franchise. I don’t even blame him for the questionable additions of his “ friends” on the team. If JD acquiesces to Rodgers that’s on JD not Rodgers.

He did inspire the team to a 7 and 10 record.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I don’t a problem with any of the Green Bay guys the jets brought in.  True Lazard underachieved by a large margin but he also had a track record of improving in each of his four seasons with Green Bay.  The jets may have overpaid when he was signed but I think if he’s a professional he’ll. Bounce back with a good season.  As for the rest, it’s not like turner or Cobb or even Boyle took the place of significantly better players on the roster.  They may have supplanted some younger players but maybe not better ones.

I do think how the season turned out is directly on saleh.  I think it’s far too easy to blame Zach or even Hackett for the offensive woes.  It comes down to how much attention saleh paid to the unit.  I remember watching salehs pressers where he went overboard to praise Zach but it seems pretty evident from the recent stories that he actually didn’t like him.  Just how is any player supposed to play when a coach gets a hair across his butt?  This falls on Douglas too since he probably thought Zach had the talent to carry the team and so didn’t go after a decent backup until finally signing Siemien.  But even, consider how many games passed between bringing siemien in and him finally starting.  And the excuse was he was trying to learn Rodgers system?  Pretty lame.  

Unfortunately it’s unlikely that Lazard is a professional and just took the money. Having a dedicated department uncovering FA’s who will give a sh*t once paid is probably a smart investment. 

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Let me remind you that Maxs board has an ignore feature you can put me on that list and remain blissfully hopeful all year long 

This is a third place in the afc east roster, they need to replace 3 of the 5 offensive linemen and Aaron Rodgers the most expensive player in franchise history is physically done 

This is not a good roster it's fatally flawed 

It's all over but the crying 

See you next offseason for the next rebuild 

^^ 2024 JN captain front runner. @T0mShane

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Yep . But FWIW I wanted Harbaugh 10 years ago and always wanted him here . I felt Woody (the guy who wants to win so bad ) should have opened the bank for him numerous times and he didn't . What makes it even more infuriating was that word was Woody Loved Harbaugh but the coach was not available. So WTF was Woody doing when he was ?

I agree, I always wanted Harbaugh because he is exactly the kind of coach that this team needs with Woody Johnson as the owner. They need a complete culture changer who is obsessed with winning and will make Woody starstruck and allow him to do what needs to be done.

I kind of think that next guy is going to be Vrabel after Saleh disappoints next year. Saleh doesn't fit in here as he is not the guy to turn around the culture top to bottom. That isn't necessarily a fault on him, but he needs to go to a team that has a good organizational structure if he is ever to succeed as a head coach (I have my doubt that he is head coach material anywhere though).

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

Yeah I'm on the "short term signings" train as well.  Tyron Smith would be great.  Bakhtiari even.  I think no matter what any decent WR we sign will be a multi-year deal, but I think we can live with that as long as it's the only one.  Go draft Fuaga and keep your picks.  If things go wrong I want the new regime having all their ammo in the event they want to move up for a QB.

Gun to my head right now I'd say it'll be Bakhtiari, Ridley(but more than likely a lesser option like Samuel), and then Fuaga at 10.  Those will be the big additions.  

Apparently Bakhitiari's latest procedure has undone what has been the underlining issues all of these years. Wait and see but encouraging. I am more than fine with signing him, granted we sign someone else who could be a decent starter given Bakhitiari goes down again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

You're welcome 

Let me also add Zach wilson is the worst draft pick in Jets history and Aaron Rodgers is the worst trade in Jets history 

Not even close to worst trade. That will always be Doug Jolley. If we had just sat on our hands we would have had Heath Miller for a decade, the player that the a**holes who ran the team then supposedly loved.

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Just want to remind everyone rodgers came from a weaker division/conference, played with better teams and has one SB

He’s also 40 coming off a injury known to steal athletes talent, after a season where he also battled injuries and had a decline in play ( in GB )

Don’t piss on me leg and tell me that it’s raining, ty

It just never ends.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

dead harry styles GIF

Bro we have officially reached peak Jetsy: “the negative things you guys type on JN are hurting the team in rl”

LMAOOOO

The amazing part is that this team has any fans left at all 

Remember Sal alosi? Dec 2010 the strength and conditioning coach tripped a returner 

It's pretty much been all downhill since then 

37 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Lol, history says he’s only a legit NFL OC with Aaron Rodgers. It’s pretty obvious this guy doesn’t have a job without Aaron. 

Sean Payton was right everyone knew it at the time but the big critique was it was rude to say it out loud 

Paul I mean nate Hackett is quite possibly the worst coach employed by any team in any capacity. 

If your "system" requires a hall of fame qb to operate you dont really have a system. Looking at you Adam gase 

28 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He did inspire the team to a 7 and 10 record.  

Classic. I don't know how people can watch the super bowl like 7 days ago and conclude "oh boy gee the Jets offense can do that too" 

They had the worst 3rd down conversion rate in history and the Lowest td rate in history. Even with Aaron hurt they shouldn't be historically bad. They shouldn't have a 13 year playoff drought. 

Other than breece and Garrett it's pretty much a wasteland on offense 

It's not just luck and positive vibes that wins these games it's the bad decision making for years, the useless coaching etc. Keith Carter still having a job is mind boggling 

In the end I post these steaming turd Debbie downer takes because we all owe it to ourselves to lower expectations not raise them. It's not healthy this cycle of delusion and depression. Not for me or for any of us 

How about this? Maybe the Jets prove to us they are good and then we raise expectations. Not the other way around.

Win 12 games. Then let's talk about what hypothetical great things they can accomplish in the playoffs 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The argument he had with that Idiot talk show host (Kimmel) was 100% taken out of context by the media and Kinnel creating more controversy is what they do for a living. They create bullsh*t to gain more viewers. I watched all of that saga play out and it was nothing like they said it was. All Rodgers was doing was taking credit that a List would come out which Kimmel disagreed with . When the list did actually come out Rodgers was referring to that FACT, not that Kimmel was actually on the list. But Kimmel turned it into that for his own selfish bullsh*t reasons and I think at that stage Rodgers realized what he was dealing with and also realized he made a mistake even referring to it.

I get that you love Rodgers but he's doing this stuff for a reason. He's a narcissist.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1