Zach Wilson Given Permission To Seek Trade

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m still waiting for any former young Jets QB to “come back and bite us”.  Sure, Geno finally became an average starter….after 9.5 years and 2 other franchises dumped him after us.  Doesn’t really count there.  

Didn't Sammy Darnold clean our clocks just months after getting cut?

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Didn't Sammy Darnold clean our clocks just months after getting cut?

Not really, no, Carolina won that game as much with defense and CMC than anything else.  And also no one cared about 3 weeks later.  

Darnold is now on his 3rd team and still sucks sh*t.  Probably will get one more team to sign him then will be out of the league.  

• Upvote 1

Can't believe there is still this much discussion about Zach Wilson here.  Fact of the matter is that there is a hard enough time for the 32 NFL teams to find adequate starters, much less field 64+ plus guys with the potential to play the QB position.

ZW has drew Lock, chase daniels potential to be on an NFL roster as a 'backup' for years...if he has the desire.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

ZW has drew Lock, chase daniels potential to be on an NFL roster as a 'backup' for years...if he has the desire.

He doesn’t.

He will be on someone’s practice squad for a year or 2 before washing out of the league.

and then we will only talk about him when we mention the biggest busts in nfl history

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Woody ain’t paying him 11 mill

He’s paying it either way. Nobody is trading for zach unless jets eat a bunch of $$$.. Jets made it too clear already, they want zach gone. Only JD and woody are dumb enough to show their hand to entire NFL.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not really, no, Carolina won that game as much with defense and CMC than anything else.  And also no one cared about 3 weeks later.  

Darnold is now on his 3rd team and still sucks sh*t.  Probably will get one more team to sign him then will be out of the league.  

I got the feeling there were Jets fans OK with Darnold beating us...kinda quietly cheering for him. Probably the crowd that wanted JD to keep Sam and trade the pick.

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

I got the feeling there were Jets fans OK with Darnold beating us...kinda quietly cheering for him. Probably the crowd that wanted JD to keep Sam and trade the pick.

Which made no sense, as the Jets owned Carolina’s 2nd rounder that year.  Rooting for Darnold meant rooting for a direct negative impact on the Jets.  

• Upvote 3

On 3/1/2024 at 12:40 PM, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I think it's just that theres some awful awful tape on him. And he's known for being a slow processor/can't handle pressure. After seeing 3 years of him, what team would want to put their faith in him as a QB2?? He needs to be a QB3 like Trey Lance, so the team can let him be part of their system for a couple years. 

Who the hell is trading assets for a QB3 with a ton of garbage tape lol.

No one wants this bust

• Upvote 2

Seeing that Zach is no better than a QB2 ( and I’m being very nice), but more like  a reform QB3 work in progress, what team out there is actually willing to absorb his contract? No one. If there was, JD would be doing the negotiating. Instead, he’s given carte blanche to team Zach basically saying without saying , good luck, you waste your time.

We’re stuck paying his contract whether or not he gets cut. So, there’s no point in cutting him. So, there’s a good chance that he’s here next year unless some sucker GM helps us out.

Am I seeing this wrong?

ps, I’m not a Zach defender 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Isn’t part of the issue that Team Wilson wants to steer Zach into a specific situation (Niners) and that the Niners know this which gives them the leverage to wait until the Jets cut him? What’s Douglas gonna do—dump him on some team that Steve Young doesn’t approve of? The Texans are going to throw a draft pick and  $5.5 mil at a bad QB who doesn’t want to be there? The move was to trade him last offseason when there was still a shred of doubt that he wasn’t awful.

Still trying to understand the rationale here. It’s presumably Woody who’s allowing the pick your location, which again knee caps any leverage. I’m sure the league knows Wilson wants to be close to home I guess. 

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Still trying to understand the rationale here. It’s presumably Woody who’s allowing the pick your location, which again knee caps any leverage. I’m sure the league knows Wilson wants to be close to home I guess. 

Yeah, it’s a move normally reserved for players who have delusional contract demands and the org allows them to go find out that no one else is going to pay them either. I’m guessing this is just Douglas letting Steve Young and co find out that Zach has no value on the open market before they’re forced to cut him. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, it’s a move normally reserved for players who have delusional contract demands and the org allows them to go find out that no one else is going to pay them either. I’m guessing this is just Douglas letting Steve Young and co find out that Zach has no value on the open market before they’re forced to cut him. 

Yeah. Which is why I’m still not convinced he’s not on the roster. I could see Zach asking the Jets to return. 

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah. Which is why I’m still not convinced he’s not on the roster. I could see Zach asking the Jets to return. 

I just don’t see the incentive for either side to bring him back. If Woody is already resigned to the sunk cost, that’s really the last straw. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just don’t see the incentive for either side to bring him back. If Woody is already resigned to the sunk cost, that’s really the last straw. 

I think we’re all passed Zach hate or Zach love garbage, right now it’s just Business.

If they can’t find a dance partner, then it makes zero sense to spend $11 million on cutting a guy. 
Emotions need not be part of the decision. but, these are the Jets were talking about. It’ll be another Jetsian thing they’ll do.

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I think we’re all passed Zach hate or Zach love garbage, right now it’s just Business.

If they can’t find a dance partner, then it makes zero sense to spend $11 million on cutting a guy. 
Emotions need not be part of the decision. but, these are the Jets were talking about. It’ll be another Jetsian thing they’ll do.

Eh. Woody understands ROI and even he knows that it’s not there with Zach Wilson. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Eh. Woody understands ROI and even he knows that it’s not there with Zach Wilson. 

When the ROI is zero, then it’s the wrong thing to do. You’re only cutting him because you think he’s an a-hole

that’s bad business.

but again, these are the Jets, lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

When the ROI is zero, then it’s the wrong thing to do. You’re only cutting him because you think he’s an a-hole

that’s bad business.

but again, these are the Jets, lol

I’m guessing that both Zach and Becton have caused Saleh so much internal embarrassment that they’re gonna excise both of them just to help Saleh save a little face and allow him to reinvent himself as a tough(er) guy going into next season. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m guessing that both Zach and Becton have caused Saleh so much internal embarrassment that they’re gonna excise both of them just to help Saleh save a little face and allow him to reinvent himself as a tough(er) guy going into next season. 

That’s a heckuva theory you got there. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those two players should have been off the roster last season. Everyone knew the deal then. Anything with Woody is possible. I don’t think he’ll cut Wilson.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let's walk this dog ( @bitonti  ).

I don't think JD/Saleh can afford to pass up any possible compensation they can get right now.

• Upvote 2