Zach Wilson Given Permission To Seek Trade

20 hours ago, bicketybam said:

The only reason to release him now is to make you feel better. The Jets (and Team Wilson) should exhaust every avenue to get *something* for him. Once all avenues are exhausted, then you cut him.

I will admit that I have a selfish reason for wanting them to not even bother to find a trade partner and cut him immediately. I'm sure you can guess what that is emoji14.png

Is there any cap savings if the Jets wait to cut him after June 1? 

17 hours ago, peebag said:

C'mon milf hunter!  We're rootin' for ya!

I'm not.

I hope he finds no trade partner, is cut/released, and is not employed in the league in 2024. Some paltry swap of 7ths not needed.

That would finish validating everything I've ever said about him as a player.

And lets be honest, he's a multi-millionaire in a family full of multi-multi-millionaires.  His catastrophic failure in the NFL doesn't generate much empathy from me, he'll be just fine rolling around in his piles of money and getting the easy life full of opportunities that young, good looking extremely rich people generally get.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:
Is there any cap savings if the Jets wait to cut him after June 1? 

Not that I am aware of.

Well that’s not good. The longer this drags on (just cut him now and be done if there’s no savings) the more it feels he’s possibly back. Most recent Connor Rodgers podcast he described Wilson as a black cloud still hanging over the team. There’s no reason just not to cut him, unless there are other things at play. 

On 3/5/2024 at 1:19 PM, T0mShane said:

We need some reporting from the western front of the Zach Wilson Bidding War of ‘24.

Or from someone with sauces inside the building. Hopefully we will once the CS cell phone thing gets resolved.

• Haha 2

Well that’s not good. The longer this drags on (just cut him now and be done if there’s no savings) the more it feels he’s possibly back. Most recent Connor Rodgers podcast he described Wilson as a black cloud still hanging over the team. There’s no reason just not to cut him, unless there are other things at play. 
You do realize that even if there was a savings they don't have to wait until June 1st to cut him? They could do it now and just designate him a June 1st cut.

My guess is that they are waiting for free agency and the draft to be over with to see what's left in terms of interest from another team. Personally I don't think there will be any but again I believe they will exhaust all avenues before they finally cut him and receive absolutely nothing in return.

Let me ask you this. When they do finally cut him, does he need to actually sign with another team before you will let go of the notion that he will be on the Jets this coming season? Or will you be pounding the pulpit that he is going to resign?

very stupid question I know but what is the big deal if he stays?

The Jets are paying the 11m one way or another. He wont be the backup so it is QB3.

Is it a roster spot that is the concern? What if he is on the practice squad every week?

While I agree it is cleaner to just release him and be done - if for whatever reason they don't. I just don't see the issue.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

You do realize that even if there was a savings they don't have to wait until June 1st to cut him? They could do it now and just designate him a June 1st cut.

My guess is that they are waiting for free agency and the draft to be over with to see what's left in terms of interest from another team. Personally I don't think there will be any but again I believe they will exhaust all avenues before they finally cut him and receive absolutely nothing in return.

Let me ask you this. When they do finally cut him, does he need to actually sign with another team before you will let go of the notion that he will be on the Jets this coming season? Or will you be pounding the pulpit that he is going to resign?

I think they trade him as soon as they can, for whatever they can, before they flat out cut him.  I don’t think there’s a chance he sticks here.  His handlers want him gone, the jets coach wants him gone and i imagine most players want him gone.  

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The Jets have been done with him like 5 times now. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'm not.

I hope he finds no trade partner, is cut/released, and is not employed in the league in 2024. Some paltry swap of 7ths not needed.

That would finish validating everything I've ever said about him as a player.

And lets be honest, he's a multi-millionaire in a family full of multi-multi-millionaires.  His catastrophic failure in the NFL doesn't generate much empathy from me, he'll be just fine rolling around in his piles of money and getting the easy life full of opportunities that young, good looking extremely rich people generally get.

But a trade might garner something for the Jets

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

We're exactly one week away from the date Zach wilson can be traded 

Can't wait for the bidding war 

homer excited price is right GIF

Believe me, I don't think he'll find anyone to bite

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, peebag said:

But a trade might garner something for the Jets

And I might win the lottery tomorrow.  Anything might happen.

Like I said, swapping a late 7th for an earlier 7th doesn't move me, and I don't see anyone giving up a meaningful enough asset for him to sway my previous opinion.

19 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The backup QB landscape as the Jets are going “big game hunting” for a backup. Uh huh 

Coaches always fall back on the old familiar.

Not that hard to connect the dots with Van Pelt and Brissett.

Van Pelt was an uninspiring hire to say the least.  If the idea of luring Brissett in FA to start in '24 had anything to do with it, that's like what the Jets did with Hackett basically.

Kraft seems convinced Jerod Mayo is the next great thing.

No idea. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

The Jets are paying the 11m one way or another. He wont be the backup so it is QB3.

Is it a roster spot that is the concern? What if he is on the practice squad every week?

While I agree it is cleaner to just release him and be done - if for whatever reason they don't. I just don't see the issue.  

Zach is going to be QB2 next season.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach is going to be QB2 next season.  

Denver just released their Wilson, who was way more of an albatross. The Jets have clearance to move on with theirs, but yet here we are…still dragging out the Zach Wilson era. Literally no one would blame the Jets for releasing him. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Denver just released their Wilson, who was way more of an albatross. The Jets have clearance to move on with theirs, but yet here we are…still dragging out the Zach Wilson era. Literally no one would blame the Jets for releasing him. 

Woody still thinks Zach is legit.  That and the stuff with his family means he’s going to be starting regular season games for us in 2024 and probably 2025 too

• Upvote 1

Woody still thinks Zach is legit.  That and the stuff with his family means he’s going to be starting regular season games for us in 2024 and probably 2025 too
Who was Woody talking about when he said they didn't have a backup QB last year? Boyle?

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Not stupid at all. In fact there are probably quite a few people here who agree with you but just don’t want to deal with the blowback. 😉

22 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He publicly stated we didn't have a backup QB last year. I highly doubt this.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

And I might win the lottery tomorrow.  Anything might happen.

Like I said, swapping a late 7th for an earlier 7th doesn't move me, and I don't see anyone giving up a meaningful enough asset for him to sway my previous opinion.

It moves me a little, because it saves up to $5.2M against the cap.

Otherwise, yeah, totally fine with cutting our losses.

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It moves me a little, because it saves up to $5.2M against the cap.

Otherwise, yeah, totally fine with cutting our losses.

The weight that would be immediately lifted is worth just as much, if not more than the 5 million of cap space. Why the Jets feel the need to let this linger, or having Zach find his landing spot, well we all know the different speculative angles. 

• Upvote 1

The weight that would be immediately lifted is worth just as much, if not more than the 5 million of cap space. Why the Jets feel the need to let this linger, or having Zach find his landing spot, well we all know the different speculative angles. 
You can't expect the front office to have the same neurosis you have when it comes to how much longer he remains on the team. Not sure why Zach Wilson gives you the amount of anxiety that he obviously does. Now I'm starting to actually feel bad for you

10 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

You can't expect to have the same neurosis you have when it comes to how much longer he remains on the team. Not sure why Zach Wilson gives you the amount of anxiety that he obviously does. Now I'm starting to actually feel bad for you emoji17.png

I admit. It’s scarred me. Once he’s gone if ever we are good. 

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

In this economy?!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Bigger problem ….Woody thinks he himself is legit.😩

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1