Russel Wilson cut by Denver

3 hours ago, extmenace said:

someone is going to get a league average QB for the vet minimum. Not saying Russell Wilson is amazing but for the next year or two, you could only have to pay Russell Wilson 2-5 mill. The players you could put around him could give the right team a small window to make a run. 

He’s done but he’d still be an upgrade over Zachenberg

So, the Broncos currently pick 12th. Sounds like they could be a perfect trade partner to move up to our spot at #10 should one of the QBs be available. Maybe we ask for Sutton since the point value chart says the move back is worth about a 4th round pick. And then hopefully grab an OT at 12. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

When they benched him at the end of the year, this was inevitable 

Yup And they gave him that stupid contract before he even played for them. $124 mil guaranteed at signing......insane. 

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

if they need a RB sure

Yeah. I don’t see where he lands as a starter. Minshew is a free agent who’s a better player. Why give up anything when a player like that is available? Now with Russell available too…Fields has zero market. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

if they need a RB sure

Fields is a younger, healthier, low-salary Lamar Jackson for any OC with vision, creativity, and balls.

If you put him in Greg Roman’s offense, he’d put up MVP numbers.

Look at Lamar Jackson’s career stats.

Lamar has surpassed 3K yards passing in only 2 out of 5 seasons as a starter.

15 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't see it. I think the Giants will draft a quarterback and make him the starter as a rookie. 

Very possible but then you are most likely selling a 2 year rebuild on top of last year especially if they lose barkley

can schoen/daboll survive that?

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah. I don’t see where he lands as a starter. Minshew is a free agent who’s a better player. Why give up anything when a player like that is available? Now with Russell available too…Fields has zero market. 

Watch the jets trade for him. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Watch the jets trade for him. 

I don’t see it. The likeliest scenario is the Jets bring in a vet minimum guy to be behind Rodgers with Wilson as the inactive 3 and his true “redshirt”

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t see it. The likeliest scenario is the Jets bring in a vet minimum guy to be behind Rodgers with Wilson as the inactive 3 and his true “redshirt”

Wilson shouldn’t remain on the team b/c it’s clear he can’t do more than not turn it over and hope the d plays amazing.  It’s a weird qb market.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Wilson shouldn’t remain on the team b/c it’s clear he can’t do more than not turn it over and hope the d plays amazing.  It’s a weird qb market.

Wilson should be released. He won’t be though. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fields stinks

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

So, the Broncos currently pick 12th. Sounds like they could be a perfect trade partner to move up to our spot at #10 should one of the QBs be available. Maybe we ask for Sutton since the point value chart says the move back is worth about a 4th round pick. And then hopefully grab an OT at 12. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Why would the Broncos virtually give away Sutton? This is wishful thinking, IMHO.

56 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The player the Jets should target is Carson Wentz hes 29 can sit under Rodgers for 2 years and still be 31 when Rodgers retires (if he retires) in 2 years. If anyone watched his start with the Rams last year where he did just about everything on a team resting a lot of their starters this should be a no brainer. When  Rodgers retires Wentz could give us at least 5 solid years of starting QB play and plenty of time to see when we need to draft his replacement either due to retirement or just simply not being the guy which would be the case with just about everyone mentioned except Wentz is head and shoulders above all the other available QB's and was actully heading for a league MVP at one point in Philly 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The player the Jets should target is Carson Wentz hes 29 can sit under Rodgers for 2 years and still be 31 when Rodgers retires (if he retires) in 2 years. If anyone watched his start with the Rams last year where he did just about everything on a team resting a lot of their starters this should be a no brainer. When  Rodgers retires Wentz could give us at least 5 solid years of starting QB play and plenty of time to see when we need to draft his replacement either due to retirement or just simply not being the guy which would be the case with just about everyone mentioned except Wentz is head and shoulders above all the other available QB's and was actully heading for a league MVP at one point in Philly 

Sure. They had the opportunity to do that last year and passed. It’s not going to be Wentz.

He couldn't hold Minshew's jock strap!
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9byhqs4p98oh8aqdum3jd

Jets fans man…

You dudes love leftovers 

WENTZ?!? 

Dude we should be drafting a QB and applying the same approach you outlined above, not signing some redhead locker room cancer 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:
I saw Mike Tannenbaum talking about Russ coming to the Jets to backup Rodgers for a year. I would love for that to happen right after we get Aaron Jones. Hell yeah! Let's go Jets!!!!

Wilson will have opportunities to start. Why would he come here to back up Rodgers?

It makes zero sense. I want nothing to do with Wilson. He obviously has leadership issues and I'll just leave it at that. 

Most here don't want McCarthy at ten so get a viable vet backup, garapolo? And go all in for the next two years 

15 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9byhqs4p98oh8aqdum3jd

Jets fans man…

You dudes love leftovers 

WENTZ?!? 

Dude we should be drafting a QB and applying the same approach you outlined above, not signing some redhead locker room cancer 

They should be doing both. 

Rodgers

Wentz

McCarthy 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

Why would the Broncos virtually give away Sutton? This is wishful thinking, IMHO.

My thought was to move up to get another franchise QB. Sutton is 29 and they have other good WRs.

I would also consider Jeudy in that scenario.

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I can see it now though…

Fashanu staring them in the face at 10 and a trade back opportunity for a QB need team.

Which is the way to go?

Just now, NYJCAP2 said:

I can see it now though…

Fashanu staring them in the face at 10 and a trade back opportunity for a QB need team.

Which is the way to go?

Tough to say. Depends on a) how far back are they going b) what OTs are still on the board and c) what their ratings are of the remaining OTs.

Without knowing their board and rankings, can't really answer the question. In my scenario of just 2 spots, I might take the chance but would hope they'd have intel on what Minn might do ahead of us at 11 (should we trade back to 12)

18 hours ago, varjet said:

AR8 did not really give back $35mm.  

This is basically the story from a cap perspective-AR8 has to be his 2010 self for Woody to let him play in 2025:

AR8 plays 2023 and 2024-his remaining deferred dead money is spread over 2025 and 2026.

2023-$8.9mm

2024-$17.1mm

2025-$23.5mm

2025-$23.5mm

AR8 plays in 2025 too and gets a $35mm bonus to do that-VOID years run out.  

2023-$8.9mm

2024-$17.1mm

2025-$23.5mm

2026-$63mm

Yes he really did give back $35MM

It would have been $110MM over the first two seasons. Instead it became $75MM. 

Year 3 is for another $37.5MM, if he plays, though it isn't guaranteed.

21 hours ago, Matt39 said:

With the influx of new QBs coming in, Brissett and Minshew as FAs, why would anyone give up assets for Fields? 

I could see the Raiders giving up a second or a third for Justin Fields.  It’s depends if they can’t trade up for their/ Antonio Pierces  guy( Jaydon Daniels) but they probably are not going to be able to .( cost is going to be too much or no one willing to trade out) it lets them address other areas .    I see ex Jet Leonard Willams the Dt the Raiders sign in Fa.( their first signing)    He is a Raider fan , and had his best season under Patrick Graham. ( they need a veteran defensive tackle to take the young Dt under his wings - Marquan McCall , nesta Jade Silveria , Bryon young , and Mathew Butler .   At 13 they take the best corneback or Rt .    With Telesco record it probably be on the offense line. 
Raiders new offensive coordinator Luke Getsy , had Fields in Chicago that you would think you wouldn’t want to pair those two together, but  how much was Getsy hands tied by the Bears head coach .   

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

He couldn't hold Minshew's jock strap!

Im not sure what you think Minshew is other than a career back up Im not sure you watched Either QB play TBH

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Edit says he's 31