At Last... Rodgers Recommends Players That Actually Contribute

Rodgers needs to start producing something other than words and hot air first. 

Get on the field and actually do something here Aaron, then maybe you can talk about your ayahuasca-drenched roster and cap management philosophy. 

Not vice versa.

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 1

Get on the field and actually do something here Aaron, then maybe you can talk about your ayahuasca-drenched roster and cap management philosophy. 
Not vice versa.
Dude got injured after already establishing a HOF career ... Don't think hes looking for advice

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 2

22 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Dude got injured after already establishing a HOF career ... Don't think hes looking for advice

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

And I don't think he reads JN either, so clearly I wasn;t giving him advise.

I was expressing my disgust at all his endless yapping about what he wants, he wants, he wants.

I'll repeat a few things:  

His HOF career?  Not as a Jet.  Means nothing to me, I'm not a Packers Fan.  I owe him nothing till he produced HERE.

His injury?  Doesn't eliminate the fact he was paid a massive amount to play 4 plays.  A guy like that should STFU about what "he wants" till he starts delivering on what WE want.

I get it you and some others are eternal fanbois, always e-white knighting for anyone related to the Jets, and if you enjoy hearing his endless prattling about his wants, great.  I'm tired of it already.

Best way to silence me?  Produce on the field.  Not in his drug cave or on the dipsh*t show segment of his. 

Till he does that no one should care what "he wants".  Give us what we want first.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Not vice versa.

cant tell if this is a troll comment or not. cant be serious

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And I don't think he reads JN either, so clearly I wasn;t giving him advise.

I was expressing my disgust at all his endless yapping about what he wants, he wants, he wants.

I'll repeat a few things:  

His HOF career?  Not as a Jet.  Means nothing to me, I'm not a Packers Fan.  I owe him nothing till he produced HERE.

His injury?  Doesn't eliminate the fact he was paid a massive amount to play 4 plays.  A guy like that should STFU about what "he wants" till he starts delivering on what WE want.

I get it you and some others are eternal fanbois, always e-white knighting for anyone related to the Jets, and if you enjoy hearing his endless prattling about his wants, great.  I'm tired of it already.

Best way to silence me?  Produce on the field.  Not in his drug cave or on the dipsh*t show segment of his. 

Till he does that no one should care what "he wants".  Give us what we want first.

The funny thing is you and many others say this stuff as if there is anyone else in the organization worthy of listening to.  There isn’t.

All he said was we should bring back our two best players and you sperge the f*ck out over him.  I’m definitely not an e-white knight for Rodgers or the Jets whatsoever, but I do find it very entertaining watching many on here stroke their hate boners over everything Rodgers says and does.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, lauderdale jet said:

cant tell if this is a troll comment or not. cant be serious

Disappointment that Rodgers only produced 4 piss-poor plays in 2023, and a weariness over 'GM Rodgers' endless talking about what HE wants "can't be serious" eh?

I assure you it is. 

I'd like to NOT hear a single word in the media from Rodgers about what "he wants", in term of his future, or his personnel preferences, or draft preferences, or uniform preferences, or his many politics/drugs/aliens/conspiracy preferences the rest of this offseason.

If you're still all dreamy about him, great, enjoy it.  So far his trade is historically bad.  I'd prefer he focus 100% of his attention on that, not on being a famous media guy or playing golf or looking for the real JFK killer.  I know, what a sh*t I am for wanting him to focus on football, not fame and ego.

4 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The funny thing is you and many others say this stuff as if there is anyone else in the organization worthy of listening to.  There isn’t.

Sure there is, the GM whose job it is to make that call.  You know, the guy most of this forum lets off the hook for everything.

All he said was we should bring back our two best players and you sperge the f*ck out over him.

No one needs him to say that, we all saw how good they were. 

He's not the GM, his job is a get healthy, focus of football and come the season, to throw footballs. Not to manage rosters.  

I’m definitely not an e-white knight for Rodgers or the Jets whatsoever, but I do find it very entertaining watching many on here stroke their hate boners over everything Rodgers says and does.

Lol "hate boners".

The only thing I hate is watching my team pay several tens of millions for FOUR ******* PLAYS and a bunch of endless media hot air.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Couldn’t they have given these two extensions in season? 

Two of the positions that weren't problems in another losing season, yes it'd be nice if it was done. Both of them, at their ages I can understand just 1 year contracts, though.

• Zuerlein (36) was acquired and extended in March both years. 
  • Morstead (turns 38 tomorrow) has been released 4x by 3 teams since 2021. 

Probably not going to be a mad rush of teams furiously trying to sign them. Anyway it's not a problem until it's a problem.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Sure there is, the GM whose job it is to make that call.  You know, the guy most of this forum lets off the hook for everything.

He's not the GM, his job is a get healthy, focus of football and come the season, to throw footballs. Not to manage rosters.  

Lol "hate boners".

The only thing I hate is watching my team pay several tens of millions for FOUR ******* PLAYS and a bunch of endless media hot air.

I don't think our defending of Joe D is "letting him off the hook" as much as it is grading him relative his predecessors. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. And that man, in this context, is Joe Douglas. His saving grace is that Mike Maccagnan and John Idzick were his predecessors.

It's been a mixed-bag, for sure. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Disappointment that Rodgers only produced 4 piss-poor plays in 2023, and a weariness over 'GM Rodgers' endless talking about what HE wants "can't be serious" eh?

I assure you it is. 

I'd like to NOT hear a single word in the media from Rodgers about what "he wants", in term of his future, or his personnel preferences, or draft preferences, or uniform preferences, or his many politics/drugs/aliens/conspiracy preferences the rest of this offseason.

If you're still all dreamy about him, great, enjoy it.  So far his trade is historically bad.  I'd prefer he focus 100% of his attention on that, not on being a famous media guy or playing golf or looking for the real JFK killer.  I know, what a sh*t I am for wanting him to focus on football, not fame and ego.

This is so over the top given the context. Rodgers being supportive of keeping kicker and punter. Hardly big news, or "yapping" or whatever. Fans with baggage can't help emoting.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lol "hate boners".

perhaps a new poll ??? what kind of jets boner do you have going into the 2024 season ???

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, THE BARON said:

perhaps a new poll ??? what kind of jets boner do you have going into the 2024 season ???

the hate/misery boners will continue to dominate until the Jets make the playoffs again

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Fans with baggage can't help emoting.

What possible "baggage" are you seeing here in re: Aaron Rodgers?  

No shortage of dime store psychologists here at JN, that's for sure....

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What possible "baggage" are you seeing here in re: Aaron Rodgers?  

No shortage of dime store psychologists here at JN, that's for sure....

must be a hate boner he's packing.  

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

the hate/misery boners will continue to dominate until the Jets make the playoffs again

Those are two separate disorders.  Both considered to be very serous,

CLUSTER  A

Paranoid

Schizotypal

Schizoid

Jets Misery Boner

CLUSTER  B

Antisocial

Histrionic

Narcissistic

Jets Hate Boner

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Two of the positions that weren't problems in another losing season, yes it'd be nice if it was done. Both of them, at their ages I can understand just 1 year contracts, though.

• Zuerlein (36) was acquired and extended in March both years. 
  • Morstead (turns 38 tomorrow) has been released 4x by 3 teams since 2021. 

Probably not going to be a mad rush of teams furiously trying to sign them. Anyway it's not a problem until it's a problem.

A serious question. What exactly does Joe Douglas actually do?

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

A serious question. What exactly does Joe Douglas actually do?

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Joe “Bob Slydell” Douglas 

You physically take the specs from Aaron Rodgers?

Well, no.  My secretary does that.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Couldn’t they have given these two extensions in season? 

They could have other than there wasn’t a reason they needed to, they didn’t.