Russell Wilson Signs to Steelers

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

JD had no interest in another team paying Russ’ salary for him?

I heard the Jets have this guy returning from injury, he supposed to be a decent quarterback, I’m sure Russell Wilson wanted to come here and sit on the bench and hold the clipboard in case that guy gets injured again… JD might be a schmuck, but not a moron

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Crazy.

Still a million times better than ZW.

JD had no interest in another team paying Russ’ salary for him?

I guess the Steelers are promising him the starting job.

As far as them saying you just have to beat out picket and Rudolph. Yeah they are saying he will start

• Upvote 2

Solid pickup for a short-term try at something.  Their own QB's are inadequate, they don't draft high enough to get a top-tier stud.

I could see them pick up a guy like Penix, to sit him a year behind Wilson, alongside Picket, to then see what they have in both in camp in 2025.

Interesting move, may not bring them a Super Bowl (Wilson isn't that good any longer) but it should improve them and give them some flexibility looking at QB going forward afterwards.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what happened to this kid. In Seattle he was good he had great players sure but he was a good player. In den he was bad real bad. It's crazy how bad
$$$$

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, LSJF said:

I heard the Jets have this guy returning from injury, he supposed to be a decent quarterback, I’m sure Russell Wilson wanted to come here and sit on the bench and hold the clipboard in case that guy gets injured again… JD might be a schmuck, but not a moron

Douglas would have said no even if Russ was willing to backup Rodgers.

He loves scrub QBs.

Rodgers is freaking 40 coming off a torn Achilles.

I think he’s one and done and a long shot to play 17 games in ‘24.

Russ has fallen off but he’d be the best backup QB in the NFL which is kind of vitally important considering the Jets’ situation of being all in for ‘24 and having a 40 year old starter recovering from major injury.

• More Ugh 1

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He loves scrub QBs.

Russ has fallen off but he’d be the best backup QB in the NFL which is kind of vitally important considering the Jets’ situation of being all in for ‘24 and having a 40 year old starter recovering from major injury.

I think you’re reaching here, not saying this regime has been a failure so far, but this is a bit of a reach…. Minshew or Brisset , sign one of these these bitch*s

He loves scrub QBs.
I'm sure Russell Wilson would have chosen backing up Rodgers as opposed to starting for the Steelers. Makes sense.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm not sure what happened to this kid. In Seattle he was good he had great players sure but he was a good player. In den he was bad real bad. It's crazy how bad

It's simple and I pointed it out at the time. He lost a step. Much of his success was escaping the pocket and making plays downfield. He does not really have that anymore and he has been declining for 3 years. Odd personality fit for Pittsburgh. This could end poorly.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

All the signs were there his last year in Seattle of a big drop off people just ignored those.

Much like every one ignored Aaron Rodgers last year in Green Bay.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

All the signs were there his last year in Seattle of a big drop off people just ignored those.

Much like every one ignored Aaron Rodgers last year in Green Bay.

oh did russel wilson his last year break his hand, lost his number 1 and have no WR or decent run game too? how its almost like the exact same thing lol , this is sarcasm, the fact you even comepare the situations is as silly as trying to answer my question without actually making an argument and just giving platitudes...why dont you tell me everythign happens for a reason etc..

2 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

It's simple and I pointed it out at the time. He lost a step. Much of his success was escaping the pocket and making plays downfield. He does not really have that anymore and he has been declining for 3 years. Odd personality fit for Pittsburgh. This could end poorly.

well said @Beerfishtake note how he explained his position, that the right way.