Jadeveon Clowney visiting Jets ...

On 3/20/2024 at 3:58 PM, JohnnyLV said:

I think the most ironic thing is that we actually have the personnel for the Rex defense but insist on playing this brain dead rotation that minimizes the defense potential. How Sauce is used us criminal

The brain dead rotation that has helped make the Jets one of the top Ds in the league.  As it has with SF? 
The Jets DL is built on speed.  Thats not the type of lineman you use in a 3-4 DL.  Fails 3-4 D 101.  Along with needing 4 LBs as the strength of the D front

That criminal usage of Sauce has led to producing one of the most effective and best cbs in the league.  From his rookie season on.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

How long do we have to mourn the loss of Huff? Is it a full year?

mourn samantha colley GIF by National Geographic Channel

What's the etiquette on something like this?  I think a year is reasonable.  But if he plays great then we're allowed to bitch about it for well over a decade.  Aka the "John Abraham Rule".

• Haha 2

On 3/21/2024 at 12:54 PM, Larz said:

I'm pretty sure he's looking for a multiple (3?) year contract after a decent year and doing one year gigs the last four years. Not sure JD or any team will do that at his age so I expect his number to be about 9 million for one year.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What's the etiquette on something like this?  I think a year is reasonable.  But if he plays great then we're allowed to bitch about it for well over a decade.  Aka the "John Abraham Rule".

If he goes to the hall, it becomes a perpetual bitch fest for eternity or until his bust is shattered.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

I'm pretty sure he's looking for a multiple (3?) year contract after a decent year and doing one year gigs the last four years. Not sure JD or any team will do that at his age so I expect his number to be about 9 million for one year.   

Good thoughts.  Feels like a luxury the Jets would be wise to avoid.

Let the draft play out and see what your needs are thereafter and invest any money there (via JFM pay cut, Reed extension, etc).

Unless the Jets want to move on from JFM.  The savings there are $5M this year, likely not enough for a meaningful upgrade like Clowney.

13 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

My prediction: Clowney signs, 1 yr-$9M, with 3 void years. 

2028 Free Agency Period:

Our 3rd year GM, former Panthers GM Scott Fitterer, is $45 mil over the cap due to the vast amount of deferred payments to former players by old GM Joe Douglas.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

2028 Free Agency Period:

Our 3rd year GM, former Panthers GM Scott Fitterer, is $45 mil over the cap due to the vast amount of deferred payments to former players by old GM Joe Douglas.

if only we could get the Panthers owner too...

Would love to see Clowney lined up inside of Will McDonald with Q and JJ on the other side on passing downs. He's usually always  outside but McD has bend which he doesn't have for outside pressure. Clowney is athletic and instinctive enough to track a scrambling QB who steps up from the outside pressure.

His previous comments on playing inside:

"We love that matchup," Clowney said during his Thursday media availability. "We feel like they're the unathletic guys, that guard position, they're not real athletes down there. So they're just physical and maulers. But we try to get in there and create those matchups for certain guys, and hopefully we get some wins."

The beginning of this video a little before the 1:56 mark talks about this...

On 3/23/2024 at 11:57 AM, Ghost said:

Are we sending this guy food? 

Speaking of food, something about McDonald's and Clown-ey makes me think this would be an epic pairing resulting in a very profitable product .... looking at you Crusher!😛

With McDonald proving in college that he can play inside they could do some crazy stunting with those 2 paired on one side.

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

Pass rushers are a luxury? 

Yes, we drafted will mcdonald last year we drafted johnson the year before, we paid quinnen a zillion dollars, we are still paying jfm a bucket of cash, we are paying kinlaw a bucket of cash.

It's going to be fun to pay this dude like 12 million a year to give him 50% of the Dsnaps while we have problems at safety, poor depth at LB and RB.

If pass rushers were a must for this team then Bryce huff does not walk.