JetNation 2024 Mock Draft - Discussion

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

9 picks so far today! That’s a record so far…. Keep it going to pick 79, I’ll take it from there 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Maybe the mods are on to something here.😁

44 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

The day we decide to pause the clock everyone decides to pick it up.. Maybe you're right lol

Ssshhhhhhhhhhh!  Way to jinx it.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Seahawks move up to get Ja’Lynn Polk. Seattle’s OC is Ben Grubb, who was UW’s OC last year and knows Polk well. Hawks just restructured Lockett to hang on to him this year, but made his contract untenable in 2025, ensuring he’s cut or retired ($27 mil cap savings, $4 mil dead cap). Polk is a nice 1A to DK, whose contract is up after 2025, to boot. Mostly made the pick because JSN is a soft, unathletic dweeb who’ll be relegated to the slot because he stinks cc: @Beerfish

Polk is probably who I should have picked.  I just don't love him.  I don't hate him which is saying something.  I tend to prefer looking at the UDFA WR class to pick in the late rounds which I guess influences me against picking them early. 

Interesting that @Paradis went for Corum.  I think we both generally pick an RB every year and strangely often agree on on favorites.  Sometimes they are good and other times they are Alex Barnes.  Corum is my favorite RB this year, but the Ravens have no need there and 3rd is super rich for my RB blood.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

In a monumental trade, @Beerfish, recently retained acting GM of the New York Jets, trades all of the teams' remaining draft picks to move up to this historic moment. A date to be remembered. Write it down. On April 1, 2024, the NY Jets select Marmadune Shazbot, CB, Tulane

Tulane.0.0.jpeg

On 3/25/2024 at 9:38 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Since Jets are “All In” on 2024, @Beerfishwill be looking to pull a Ditka. He is offering every 2025 & 2026 pick to move up select MHJ + a 2nd round pick (preferably in the 30’s) this year!

WARNING!!! THIS IS NOT  A REAL OFFER (if you’re dumb enough to think it is)

On 3/25/2024 at 10:19 AM, Dcat said:

I'd laugh if it were actually funny.  But it's not. Keep the day job. 

Pretty remarkable you scolded @32EBoozer  last week for doing the exact thing you did today, and decided you were the arbiter of what is and what isn't funny to boot.  Pick a lane - stay in it.

• Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Damn. Was hoping to draft Khyree Jackson with my next pick. 

Does anyone know why he was bounced by Alabama? I can't find the reason in my search.  That's odd.  The reason, for me at least, would make a huge difference in whether I draft him.

In the real world, I'll bet interested GMs will know things like that. We won't.  

22 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Pretty remarkable you scolded @32EBoozer  last week for doing the exact thing you did today, and decided you were the arbiter of what is and what isn't funny to boot.  Pick a lane - stay in it.

April fools day dude.  What day was it to inspire humor for Mr. Boozer?  But the real issue was this, since you bring this up....  Mr Boozers funny was placed in the Selections thread (as was mine) where it didn't belong (as didn't mine) and it was done before the very 1st selection.  It had to be removed by a board mod.  Wrong place yeah, but wrong time.  make a huge difference.  Apples to oranges.  All good. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

April fools day dude.  What day was it to inspire humor for Mr. Boozer?  But the real issue was this, since you bring this up....  Mr Boozers funny was placed in the Selections thread where it didn't belong and it was done before the very 1st selection.  It had to be removed by a board mod.  Timing and placement make a huge difference.  Apples to oranges.  All good. 

In the selections thread where you posted your comedic gold too, right?  Stop

Rules For Thee Sticker Black Letter | TypicalTwist

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Does anyone know why he was bounced by Alabama? I can't find the reason in my search.  That's odd.  The reason, for me at least, would make a huge difference in whether I draft him.

In the real world, I'll bet interested GMs will know things like that. We won't.  

I don’t know for sure. But my guess is playing time. With the transfer portal, I think switching teams is less of a red flag. Especially leaving teams like Georgia, Alabama etc.

2 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

In the selections thread where you posted your comedic gold too, right?  Stop

Rules For Thee Sticker Black Letter | TypicalTwist

I edited that.  It's all about the timing.  April's fools day is more permissive than right befoe the 1st pick of the draft? Sorry you can't see the difference.  It could have been worse.  Marmaduke's hair smells good as the picture shows.  Important for clubhouse unity.  I could gve @Beerfish this one if it makes you even more happy:

image.thumb.jpeg.02af93cb4c24d98eb9be93c283d4fff2.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I don’t know for sure. But my guess is playing time. With the transfer portal, I think switching teams is less of a red flag. Especially leaving teams like Georgia, Alabama etc.

He was suspended. For the reminder of the season.  There also was a technical portal issue but that's not what I am wondering.  I'm wondering what he did to get kicked off the team.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He was suspended. For the reminder of the season.  There also was a technical portal issue but that's not what I am wondering.  I'm wondering what he did to get kicked off the team.

Oh. I didn't know who got kicked off the team. Interesting. 

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

@NYJetsVets91 and I have agreed to a trade.

Packers acquire pick #81 from Commanders and send 88, 169 & 202 to the Commanders.  I am on the clock.

Good Pick. I thought this was where you were going but I couldn't risk having one of the last quality tier two WR go off the board. Bengals are good on the Edge.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Oh. I didn't know who got kicked off the team. Interesting. 

A positive is that there were no disciplinary issues or anything that I read of at Oregon. But the nature of the suspension at Alabama does matter to me.  For lack of better example, I like to believe I would never sign someone who did a Ray Rice act.  If he was suspended for some kind of assault...  then I more than likely will not want him.  That's just the way I roll.  I would probably have passed on Lawrence Taylor.  Genius. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2024 at 8:27 PM, Dcat said:

@bitonti I love that pick.  With all the buzz about this kid he will inevitably shoot up the 2nd round.  

It's funny because I really don't love Tyler Guyton but I misread the chart and based on the ratings it was too amazing value... meanwhile he was picked a round ago lol 

but in the end a player like Kiran might end up a better pro - certainly if he's developed by these teams that have a tradition of developing OL like BAL, SFO etc. 

I'm not sure if the Jets could develop this player, TBH 

Side note the Eagles taking Kingsley was a very Eagles pick to make 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Polk is probably who I should have picked.  I just don't love him.  I don't hate him which is saying something.  I tend to prefer looking at the UDFA WR class to pick in the late rounds which I guess influences me against picking them early. 

Interesting that @Paradis went for Corum.  I think we both generally pick an RB every year and strangely often agree on on favorites.  Sometimes they are good and other times they are Alex Barnes.  Corum is my favorite RB this year, but the Ravens have no need there and 3rd is super rich for my RB blood.

I like Corum, but you wonder how much life is left in that knee. Too early to pick a back with some medicals that have already robbed him of some explosiveness. 

I like your Melton pick for the Ravens. It sounds like he’s going higher than some expect. I know Jeremiah was super high on him. 

• Lith unpinned this topic