Chairman Woody Johnson Press Conference At NFL Owner's Meetings

1 hour ago, Wit said:

He’s too dumb to
Give away nothing

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Remember right before the '22 draft he said something to the effect "this room here is where our coaches and scouts come up with their secret sauce".  Of course we took Sauce with the #4 pick.  He thought he was so coy and witty..... It was just another cringe-worthy moment on a long list of cringe-worthy moments

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6:12

Reporter: Are you willing to release him [Zach], Woody, if you can't find a trade partner?

Woody: Oh, I'm not going to speculate.  I mean Zach is a valuable asset.  He really is.  I said it would be better for him [if he had a change of scenery] but no, we're just not going to release him.

1 hour ago, hawk said:

I tried to listen to this.  I didn't get 30 seconds in, and couldn't take it.

Every time I begin to question myself as to whether I really believe that Woody Johnson is a dumb moron, I get reaffirmation when Woody decides to open his mouth, and reassures me that Woody Johnson really is a dumb moron!

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Alka said:

Every time I begin to question myself as to whether I really believe that Woody Johnson is a dumb moron, I get reaffirmation when Woody decides to open his mouth, and reassures me that Woody Johnson really is a dumb moron!

image.thumb.jpeg.709d3b1524d4fc6789bd739872e6d51a.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Woody: Oh, I'm not going to speculate.  I mean Zach is a valuable asset.  He really is.  I said it would be better for him [if he had a change of scenery] but no, we're just not going to release him.

LOL

ZW’s new anthem

https://www.bobdylan.com/songs/i-shall-be-released/

Standing next to me in this lonely crowd
Is a man who swears he’s not to blame

All day long I hear him shout so loud
Crying out that he was framed @Dunnie @TuscanyTile2

I see my light come shining
From the west unto the east
Any day now, any day now
I shall be released

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Watching you guys run around like headless chickens over a 3rd string string QB is fairly amusing from a birds eye view.

I heard JJ McCarthy was spotted with JD and Woody during the lunch break...

... Carry on.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

ZW’s new anthem

https://www.bobdylan.com/songs/i-shall-be-released/

Standing next to me in this lonely crowd
Is a man who swears he’s not to blame

All day long I hear him shout so loud
Crying out that he was framed @Dunnie @TuscanyTile2

I see my light come shining
From the west unto the east
Any day now, any day now
I shall be released

Great song.  Proud to be associated with it, even in parody. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Watching you guys run around like headless chickens over a 3rd string string QB is fairly amusing from a birds eye view.

I heard JJ McCarthy was spotted with JD and Woody during the lunch break...

... Carry on.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Watching you and @TuscanyTile2 trip all over yourselves to defend a # 2 overall pick you guys gushed over who is now a QB3 has been entertaining for 3+ years, too.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

3:04

Reporter: What's your message to fans who are upset maybe about the season ticket prices rising when you guys haven't had any on field success in recent years?

Woody: Uh, the cost of doing business has just gone up.  That's just an unfortunate fact of life now.  It's not something you like to do.  That's for sure.  And, uh, we work for the fans so we listen to them.  We know what they're thinking.  And, uh, so we'll try to get you some wins.

If you work for US woody get Zach off the team ASAP, 99.9% of us don’t want that goofy around anymore you complete 🤡

This Zach situation is just annoying now

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s not just a tool, he’s a f**king Home Depot.  

lol

Home Depot is the market leader, an alpha. He’s more like Ace Hardware, reputable by name, but small and clearly trying to impress the big boys.

He is an absolute beta titty baby.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s not just a tool, he’s a f**king Home Depot.  

80 you know why Woody said that . 

If JD cant trade him, Woody is not going to pay Zach 5.5 mil to sit at home on his couch. This is the way he thinks and a lot of people like him think. They would rather you suffer than give you free money. So Wilson, if not traded, will toil around on the practice squad or in some capacity if not traded. Thing is if he ever plays here again that wopuld mean both our starter abd back up are hurt and the season is in the dumpster fire yet again. FWIW Woody would rather he clean toilets than just release him with free cash.

Woody is at it again!!! He really is a meddler, and he refuses to learn from his mistakes. He first wants Zack Wilson off the team now he is taking back what he said a few months ago. All this is because Joe Douglas rebuilt the oline to better protect Aaron Rodgers. Last year the line was horrendous and nearly killed Wilson, this year it's been taken care of, and Rodgers has a better chance to stay healthy. It also helps Wilson to learn from Rodgers who will be starting the season as opposed to last year. Last year the plan was for Wilson to sit and learn from Rodgers and the oline couldn't protect and the WRs couldn't catch. 

Woody increased ticket prices because he is hoping this year the team makes it to the playoffs with Rodgers. Woody is proving he only in it for the money and doesn't look at the team's future. If the Jets make the playoffs this year and Rodgers decides to retire the future of this team is one and done. With no QB leading this team they are back to square one and who knows when they will reach the playoffs again? Taylor the backup to Rodgers is signed to one year and Wilson is in his last year of his contract. Who will be their future QB because they will have to trade a lot of draft picks to get a top 5 or 10 draft picks. 

Like I always said, build a solid product first and the fans will come after. Woody is destroying this team each year with his meddling. He tried by getting Bret Favre, Tim Tebow, and Aaron Rodgers to QB this team and failed massively in his attempt. He needs to step aside and let the GM and head coach do their jobs at building this team. Instead of letting former first round picks like Sam Darnold and Zack Wilson sit and learn he pushed for them to be starters all to make money by selling seats. 

I always believed Woody is the reason why Parcells and Belicheck left this team. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, greasyt said:

Remember right before the '22 draft he said something to the effect "this room here is where our coaches and scouts come up with their secret sauce".  Of course we took Sauce with the #4 pick.  He thought he was so coy and witty..... It was just another cringe-worthy moment on a long list of cringe-worthy moments

That and that stupid effin chain...my God, the man is clueless.

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Watching you and @TuscanyTile2 trip all over yourselves to defend a # 2 overall pick you guys gushed over who is now a QB3 has been entertaining for 3+ years, too.

I only defended Zach this past year.  Because I thought he deserved it.  

10 hours ago, AL047 said:

I always believed Woody is the reason why Parcells and Belicheck left this team. 

In great organizations, coaching and management are mostly consistent. In good or mediocre ones, some coaches and managers don't work out, but over time they'll still get lucky every now and again with a good situation. 

In franchises that are consistently bad, it's the ownership. I've always wondered if we'll eventually be freed when Woody kicks the bucket, or if Namath made a deal with the devil and we'll need him to snuff it first.