JFM sounds off on being overlooked... is a good thing!

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What an overrated shmuck.    Gets paid like 3 years ago his play falls off and he's saying don't sleep on me.

'Named the most underrated player 5 years in a row, why?   He never takes that step to actually being really good.

The Jets youtube content makers all just love this guy while he takes as many drive extending killer needless roughing the passer penalties as he gets sacks.

That’s why he’s happy he’s being overlooked, he hasn't taken a  pay cut yet because JD forgets about JFM

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Is he talking about his paydays?

I guess, which on face value means he views everyday as a payday.

Kind of odd he see's people (fill in the blank) workin for him if they sleep on him, which is only his perception. If he needs that for motivation, more power to him... Now the pressures on him to produce.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

Oh the classic "I'm coming for the league" remark.

Incoming 0 sack season. Guy had 3.5 sacks last year, meanwhile Clowney had 9.5.

It was not smart of him to post that... he should let his play define him

Judging by his stats compared to Clowney he was just a tick slower in getting to sack the QB as you just posted.

Both had 9 QB knockdown's but JFM was more disruptive IMO based on these stats... 

JFM -27 Pressures 14 QB Hurries 

Clowney- 3 Pressures    4 QB Hurries

1 hour ago, Jetkwondo said:

Judging by his stats compared to Clowney he was just a tick slower in getting to sack the QB as you just posted.

Both had 9 QB knockdown's but JFM was more disruptive IMO based on these stats... 

JFM is not in the same league as Clowney.

Clowney is a 9+ sack player who has been dealt a bad hand with injuries. JFM has progressively gotten worse since his "big" 6 sack season. When you have a 2nd year player, Jermaine Johnson, coming in wrecking HAVOC on offenses and putting up a 7.5 sack season, I would expect him to be better if not the same, especially at that price tag.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Falco21 said:

JFM is not in the same league as Clowney.

Clowney is a 9+ sack player who has been dealt a bad hand with injuries. JFM has progressively gotten worse since his "big" 6 sack season. When you have a 2nd year player, Jermaine Johnson, coming in wrecking HAVOC on offenses and putting up a 7.5 sack season, I would expect him to be better if not the same, especially at that price tag.

That's your opinion which I can understand, and yes Clowney had a nice year getting sacks which inflated his worth, good for him! Was hoping we'd sign him.

However, despite Clowney's pro bowls in the past , if you go by stats the last 4 years when JFM signed with the Jets, it tells a different story when you compare the two. Those stats say they are in the same league with JFM even grading a few points higher in Approximate Value over those 4 years, though probably due to Clowney's injuries as you stated...  It is what it is...

I can see why JFM feels a bit slighted because his drop off in not getting enough sacks (3.5), which is kind of similar to Q's drop in sacks (5.5) last year. Both were valuable in other ways if you consider all the stats...just my opinion. 

It was also not smart of him to call attention to himself but I see that now being a good thing in that he now put the spotlight on himself. No one to blame should he fail to improve

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FranJo02.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClowJa00.htm

Rivka Boord article on JFM which breaks down his use as well as questioning if he will be let go as some speculate...  likelihood ? , not this year being an all in season...

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/04/03/is-this-ny-jets-defensive-lineman-the-odd-man-out/

From the video clips JFM's value as an edge setter, run defender is pointed out. Also points out his improved value last season as an edge rusher despite only getting 3.5 sacks.

Watching the videos I hope to see JJ and JFM on early downs and Reddick and W McD on obvious 3rd down passing downs by mid season. 

Clemons and W McDonald both need to show early their use value , I'm betting on McDonald with an off season under his belt.

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2024 at 9:52 AM, Jetkwondo said:

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9g991riica62wp2zpfol7

^ Do that more and less late hits and nebulous "pressures" and you won't be overlooked,  John

Clemons stats, like dirty underwear, are listed in this article pointing out how the D can upgrade. It claims he has gone back to his rookie weight after failing as a JFM replacement and his job is on thin ice.

I highly doubt JFM is going anywhere and with Clemons failing he has good leverage in not negotiating after doing so last year... 

BTW, Rivka Boord has been writing some very insightful articles like this one, make me wonder if she reads our threads for ideas

Clemons saw a decent-sized role in 2023, playing 368 snaps in 16 games (35% in his games played). However, he posted just a 5.1% pressure rate, ranking 113th out of 115 edge defenders (min. 150 pass rush snaps), a decrease from his 9.0% rate in 2022.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/04/04/ny-jets-defense-overlooked-holes/

On 3/28/2024 at 11:55 AM, Jetkwondo said:

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/john-franklin-myers-message-jadeveon-clowney/?adt_ei=[email]

People sleep on me gone wake up workin for me. I treat every day like the 1st and 15th.

Has anyone pointed out that this doesn’t make any practical sense?

Like, if people gone work for you, then that infers you’re the boss.

Bosses aren’t programmed to look forward to the 1st and 15th. That’s what people who work for OTHER people do.

Beta Franklin-Meyers

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Chop Robinson DE visiting Jets tomorrow after the Giants today.

JFM, maybe you want to negotiate???  Possible trade down left field pick... LOL

Can't believe we are having this almost identical to Bryce Huff sized DE in for a visit!  The guy's stats are underwhelming and he's projected as a boom or bust which reminds me of a Vernon Gholston type pick.

His 4.4 40 speed put him into the first round but he has small arms and wingspan and even smaller hands then Huff... 2 FF's 4 sacks 2023

Hard pass! as they are trying to compare him to Michah Parsons who is a unicorn with 4.3 speed, who has short arms but higher end wingspan and huge hands.

No worries JFM!