Bowers Theoretically Meeting with Rodgers.

The timing of this particular visit is quite interesting.

Brock Bowers’s visit coincides with the first day of the Jets’ offseason training program. Even more interesting is the idea that it coincides with the arrival of star quarterback Aaron Rodgers to the team’s facility.

Of course, this could be a coincidence, but that feels a bit far-fetched. Setting up a meet-and-greet to strategically give the quarterback an early impression of a potential weapon makes all the sense in the world. This way, Bowers and Rodgers have the opportunity to yuk it up and talk shop before the first round of the 2024 NFL draft on April 25.

If the Jets are leaning toward Bowers, the move would be warranted, considering the type of prospect he is. The former Georgia tight end did it all in college, hitting the ground running as a player from his freshman year onward.

Bowers racked up 1,961 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns over three seasons while primarily playing against SEC squads. He averaged nine yards after each catch in his career and had 16 contested catches.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I am certain Rodgers has been intimately included on the Jets draft strategy. Jets, JD, Saleh and Rodgers are joined at the hip. Saleh will take the fall if things go badly this year. Apart from that, Rodgers will be giving instructions on how he sees this offense developing and the types of players he needs. From OL, WR &TE. It wouldn’t surprise me if he gave an indication to each offensive player what he needs to work on this offseason.

My guess…. Player X is the guy I want, JD, see if you can make that happen. If not, here’s my backup 

• Upvote 1

This is so hilarious I spit out my coffee 

because Rodgers is the GM

see JD isn’t the real GM Rodgers is

he didn’t meet with the jets , he met with Rodgers. 

my sides hurt

stop it 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

• slats changed the title to Bowers Theoretically Meeting with Rodgers.
9 minutes ago, slats said:

This is their first meeting with the player, less than 10 days out from the draft. A player who’s consistently mocked to the Jets at #10. The team may or may not be seriously considering him with their pick. If they’re not, this would be a terrific way to send the signal that if you want the generational Brock Bowers, quite possibly college football’s greatest player ever, you’re gonna have to take him before the tenth pick. 

Or, that the jets are indeed all in on bowers so don’t worry about the jets picking your guy if it’s not bowers. 

14 minutes ago, slats said:

This is their first meeting with the player, less than 10 days out from the draft. A player who’s consistently mocked to the Jets at #10. The team may or may not be seriously considering him with their pick. If they’re not, this would be a terrific way to send the signal that if you want the generational Brock Bowers, quite possibly college football’s greatest player ever, you’re gonna have to take him before the tenth pick. 

They met him at the combine and his pro day too. 

I wish everyone would just stop with this whole Rodgers is the GM thing.  Quite honestly I don't give a sh*t as long as we start winning, and more importantly, become an Organization that wins consistently.  I don't care if JD is under the table on draft day tossing AR's salad while he calls the pick in - As long as we win.  

Hopefully (and I would hope we all feel this way) Rodgers becomes the next OC when he hangs up the cleats.  

• Post of the Week 1

Saw on ESPN a crazy stat regarding Rodgers which is crazy to see over how long he's played.

He only has thrown 6 TDs to 1st round draft picks in his whole career. And all of those were to Mercedes Lewis. And the list of 1st rounders he played with after that were very unimpressive. Mostly washed up guys or guys that shouldn't have been 1st rounders really.

To think that he possibly could go from throwing only 6 TDs in like 17 years to 1st rounders. To be throwing to Garrett Wilson and Mike Williams for sure and possibly another guy at 10 is crazy. You're talking he might go from 6 TDs in his career to 1st rounders to possibly close to 30 in 1 year.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

They met him at the combine and his pro day too. 

His first real visit. They met every player at the combine and sent Middleton to his pro day. 

Whether you want Bowers or not, feel like he's worthy of a top-10 pick or not, I assure you that if you polled every rival fanbase - the Fins, Pats, Bills - and asked them who do you NOT want the Jets to draft(as far as guys who will actually be there at 10), the answer would be Bowers.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Or, that the jets are indeed all in on bowers so don’t worry about the jets picking your guy if it’s not bowers. 

OR, they’re not all in on Bowers, they’re all in on someone else but want teams behind them to think they’re taking Bowers so they don’t jump them for the WR or OT the Jets really want. 

There are a variety of ways to play this … and spin it from our perspective

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I wish everyone would just stop with this whole Rodgers is the GM thing.  Quite honestly I don't give a sh*t as long as we start winning, and more importantly, become an Organization that wins consistently.

Listen, this organization went all in on Rodgers, with no backup plan (at least last year) to make a deep playoff run. If I’m JD, I could care less about titles. The offense will be the biggest beneficiary of this draft. Give the guy running your offense everything he needs according to his recommendations. Protection (OL) and perimeter stud is what he most likely wants…. If it’s not there then you take Bowers. 

43 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Whether you want Bowers or not, feel like he's worthy of a top-10 pick or not, I assure you that if you polled every rival fanbase - the Fins, Pats, Bills - and asked them who do you NOT want the Jets to draft(as far as guys who will actually be there at 10), the answer would be Bowers.

That's because those fanbases are even dumber than we are. 👀

If you are taking Bowers at 10, then trade Conklin for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  If you take Bowers at 10 and keep conklin, then Bowers is a part time player this coming year.

Yes, I know you can play them at the same time in some situations, but Bowers will still be behind Conklin on the TE depth chart.

No more part time players with 1st round draft picks.

Trade conk and Bowers is TE1 and plays every snap.