Best Remaining Options for Jets with Day 3 Looming

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna be two DBs and a guard in four. Unless I’m missing something, the depth behind Sauce and DJ Reed is Isiah Oliver, who is a special teams guy, Echols, and someone named “Tae Adams.” TJ Tampa was a dude who was getting some first round buzz, and he fits the profile of a Saleh CB. Probably requires trade up. 

Backup IOL is also gross: Xavier Newman and Wes Schweitzer.

They should try to get an RB2 in here, but it sounds like their plan is to go the vet route even though the pickings are gross—Zeke (going back to the Cowboys), Rashaad Penny, Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt. 

There are some interesting TE/H-back types available, but if the Jets believe in Ruckert, there’s no room to add. I’d love to see them get rid of this generation’s Kevin Swayne with Nick Bawden, who sucks, and replace him with Cade Stover or Jaheim Bell. 

I wonder if they take a swing on Pratt. He probably comes off the board early, so they’d have to trade up. Pratt seems meh so it might not be worth multiple picks to get him.

Jordan Travis feels like the target. The question is when do they pull the trigger.

• Upvote 1

It's a dart throw at this point for a QB but I'd love to see the Jets grab Travis, Rattler, or Pratt in the 4th round and let them sit behind a hopefully healthy Aaron Rodgers for a year or two and see if anything comes of it. 

I also think we still need to strengthen the interior of the offensive line so I'd love to see the Jets draft a player like Trevor Keegan or Sedrick Van Pran.

• Upvote 2

With our 3 4th rounders...

IOL might be my top priority (have heard Christian Mahogany's name).  I like the idea of putting a guy in the pipeline while there's (hopefully!) no pressure to play next year.  

I also want a WR who is a burner, though I'd make an exception if we could get Jerry Rice's son, Brendan.

After that, maybe grab a defensive player (S?  CB?)  Though I wouldn't be surprised if JD traded down because we have no 5th rounders.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Jordan Travis feels like the target. The question is when do they pull the trigger.

Sounds good!  Roll the dice on a potential high-ceiling guy who is coming back from injury.  

25 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's a dart throw at this point for a QB but I'd love to see the Jets grab Travis, Rattler, or Pratt in the 4th round and let them sit behind a hopefully healthy Aaron Rodgers for a year or two and see if anything comes of it. 

I also think we still need to strengthen the interior of the offensive line so I'd love to see the Jets draft a player like Trevor Keegan or Sedrick Van Pran.

I'd also add - Beaux Limmer, Hunter Nourzad, or Mason McCormick.  Though looking over the Jets Top 30 visits I don't see any IOL. 

It's possible the Jets like backup options of Hanson, Newman, Austin Deculus (Texans '22 6th rd pick that the Jets claimed off waivers last Nov. he seems to be more of OG than OT).

I also wonder if Mitchell will be tried out inside this summer. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna be two DBs and a guard in four. Unless I’m missing something, the depth behind Sauce and DJ Reed is Isiah Oliver, who is a special teams guy, Echols, and someone named “Tae Adams.” TJ Tampa was a dude who was getting some first round buzz, and he fits the profile of a Saleh CB. Probably requires trade up. 

Backup IOL is also gross: Xavier Newman and Wes Schweitzer.

They should try to get an RB2 in here, but it sounds like their plan is to go the vet route even though the pickings are gross—Zeke (going back to the Cowboys), Rashaad Penny, Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt. 

There are some interesting TE/H-back types available, but if the Jets believe in Ruckert, there’s no room to add. I’d love to see them get rid of this generation’s Kevin Swayne with Nick Bawden, who sucks, and replace him with Cade Stover or Jaheim Bell. 

I wonder if they take a swing on Pratt. He probably comes off the board early, so they’d have to trade up. Pratt seems meh so it might not be worth multiple picks to get him.

Did you forget we have MC2?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Eh. Undersized with a meh arm and confidence issues? Doesn’t meet the Jets QB test, imo. 

IMG_5162.jpeg

Of the remaining qbs i like pratt, more of a pocket passer who seems like a good backup who can come in and execute a game plan.  Reminds of a better version of mike white, nothing fancy but serviceable and coachable

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Of the remaining qbs i like pratt, more of a pocket passer who seems like a good backup who can come in and execute a game plan.  Reminds of a better version of mike white, nothing fancy but serviceable and coachable

Let's remember in addition to Pratt and Travis the Jets brought in Samford QB Michael Hiers for a Top 30 visit

40 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I mentioned him yesterday. I don't know when the right time is for him. But he's a guy I would definitely take a gamble on. 

He has upside and you give him some time as the third guy to learn and heal. 

Low interceptions in college seems like a good place to start.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Let me ask you this, how many roster spots do you think are open at wide out right now?

Injuries happen and you have to create competition so this is kind of a different topic. More about the wr depth chart.

But they have Garrett, Williams, corley, lazard all set with the last one being here for contract reasons.

Gipson gets a spot as a returner I believe.

Irv Charles is on the team because of special teams.

Gipson has to step up so maybe he can be replaced.

Not sure that I have a question more or just thinking about the depth chart I guess.

I wouldn’t look at it like “rosters spots open” rather, where do they need healthy competition and where can they add to push those position groups to be better and fear for their roster spot?

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

IOL is a good call but the pickings are slim after that 3rd round early run on OL.  Kid from Utah Lumenea and BC Mohogany are the last 2 intriguing mauler types. 

Can’t Arkansas C also play guard?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I wouldn’t look at it like “rosters spots open” rather, where do they need healthy competition and where can they add to push those position groups to be better and fear for their roster spot?

I agree creating more competition is always the answer.

I guess I just wish we knew if brownlee and gipson were any good. Hard to grade things when there is no QB.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Now that we got mini-Bowers in the third, maybe we can get Jamal Adams in the fourth? Are there any of those Honey Badger types out there? I feel that rather than a true safety or LB, one of those ‘tweeners would be nice to have when faced with some of the heavier offensive sets that are coming into vogue nowadays. 

I’m glad they held onto all three of their fourths. It wouldn’t bother me if they used their sixth to trade one up for the right prospect, but I want to see three players selected in the round today. 

MALIK MUSTAPHA

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

Can’t Arkansas C also play guard?

Beaux Limmer:

2019: Redshirted. Played in 4 games as a reserve OG.

2020: Played in 7 games with 5 starts at RG.

2021: Played in all 13 games with 11 starts at RG.

2022: Started all 13 games (first 12 at RG, bowl game at C to replace Ricky Stromberg). 

2023: Started all 12 games (11 at C, 1 at LG).

• Upvote 1

We addressed the two HUGE needs already, Starter-quality OL Depth and WR #3 (#2 when Williams gets hurt).

We still need a Safety, best one we can get.  Jaden Hicks, perhaps.   

Beyond that:

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C
Cade Stover, TE 
Jerimiah Trotter Jr., LB
Michael Pratt, QB
Joe Milton III, QB (if we miss on Pratt)

If we can snag a few of these guys, I'd be very happy.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Eh. Undersized with a meh arm and confidence issues? Doesn’t meet the Jets QB test, imo. 

IMG_5162.jpeg

I like him in the 6th…not the 4th.

Let’s roll the dice on Rattler who is all ceiling or fail pit.

Pratt is the safe median between the two and would be a good pick in the 4th.

12 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I like him in the 6th…not the 4th.

Let’s roll the dice on Rattler who is all ceiling or fail pit.

Pratt is the safe median between the two and would be a good pick in the 4th.

I can’t get over that Rattler being a douche video. Not sure that’ll play, especially if you’re asking him to grind as a QB3 for multiple seasons.