****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

We now know that every pick will be on offense. I say looking at our roster and you could only keep 53 players. Practice squads are usually not protected. but because of Covid happening we could protect 4 players.  So for that reason lets pick multiple QBS. It will be like try out. We have much talent but after a 40 year old QB, we have a 35 year old QB, when the season starts. And we have nothing after that. So Douglas take 4 QB'S if you need to. You may get lucky like the 49ers.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sackdance said:

well, hold on - that short yardage role is not a lock just because he’s big and strong. And I think the best short yardage guys have explosive speed/power rather than the sheer size North/South running style … I’d say he might have an important role as fresh & brutal legs vs a tired defense. 

Sir, did you not see that the video is titled “Human Wrecking Ball”?

5 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Is it just me or are these 5th round announcement taking forever?

Remember when they used to just announce the picks after around the third over the PA and didn't make every future practice squad scrub a damn production?

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Being positive is a trait not welcomed when a team hasn't been to the playoffs for over a dozen years, even though we have NO idea what the players will be like.   

I like the Allen pick for the last line you just mentioned.  A big, bruising 235 pound back who played VERY well in college.  People say they want offense.  We draft offense.  Then its "Why didn't we draft defense?"  Truly confounding sometimes.  

I get it..  I’m one of those fans.

But I try to be independent as much as possible though.

The mid to late round strategy of getting more picks including a premium pick next year is smart from a probabilities viewpoint.

And if you can at the very least come away with plugging glaring holes, even better.  I’ll take the much higher probability we got a lot better converting short yardage than the lower probability of swinging for the next big time WR in round 4.  Yes, the Rams proved it could happen even last year in round 5 but I like the above odds much better.  

We now know that every pick will be on offense. I say looking at our roster and you could only keep 53 players. Practice squads are usually not protected. but because of Covid happening we could protect 4 players.  So for that reason lets pick multiple QBS. It will be like try out. We have much talent but after a 40 year old QB, we have a 35 year old QB, when the season starts. And we have nothing after that. So Douglas take 4 QB'S if you need to. You may get lucky like the 49ers.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

So many here wanted a wr in round 1 but taking the tackle was such the right move. 

I would have taken Odunze if he fell to us, but I can’t say I disagree 

We got a really nice WR prospect at the top of the 3rd