ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

31 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Just read what you wrote. None of it applied to what I wrote. Prestige corporate travel? Seriously? You're being obtuse and you know it. You should be better than this. Prove me right.

This is the softest sh*t I’ve ever seen!

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I feel like I'm missing a joke here, isn't this what you said you did professionally like just a few days ago?

No. I said it was part of a business that I once owneed.  It how does that make his remark any more relevant?

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Same exact trade?  Does #39 and a 2025 5th equate to a 2026 3rd now?  I'd honestly rather have Reddick sit the first half of the season than be on the hook for 5/$141M. 

Considering that if he holds out just for the TC until September 1st, he will be on the hook for 17M+. Push to shove, I don't for see Mr. Reddick holding out too long.

(After the 3rd day of a holdout it will be 50K per day, Roughly speaking.) 

-Fun with Numbers

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Obviously there are limits.  You can’t  And you simply can’t discount his late season game against the Texans or the win against Philly and so on. 

I absolutely CAN discount it.  These are called “flashes”, and every highly drafted bust has had those.  No one pins any hopes on a guy who has played about 7 good quarters out of 120+ in his career.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So the thing is they opted not to pay Huff—who ended up getting $17mm per AAV—but now they’re locked in a holdout situation with an older pass rusher who’s going to need more than $17mm per, and they can only do that by pushing money into the future. It does not seem like a coherent plan unless they just straight up hated Huff for some reason. 

Huff wanted to be an every down player, and the Jets did not think he was that. we will see who was right.

I know this about Reddick, from watching enough Eagles games, when the lights turn on, this guy plays. Whether that pushes the jets over the top, or if he will be here long term, remains to be seen.

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Huff wanted to be an every down player, and the Jets did not think he was that. we will see who was right.

I know this about Reddick, from watching enough Eagles games, when the lights turn on, this guy plays. Whether that pushes the jets over the top, or if he will be here long term, remains to be seen.

The Eagles have Josh Sweat and Nolan Smith

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

No. I said it was part of a business that I once owneed.

Oh, ok, so you didn't do it, you owned a company that did it.  But it's an insult.  

/shrug, , I'll leave this one to you two to sort out.  I have no horse here.

On 6/24/2024 at 10:23 AM, Matt39 said:

It’s exactly a beat writers job to figure out why the Jets remained enamored with Wilson when it was clear he sucked. The fake concussion no one dared  to question once he was in “protocol.”

The owner and GM drank the Chris Simms kool aid 3 years ago.  as far as the JetBlue stuff goes there’s definitely something to it but ultimately I think Woody and JD both  emotionally invested heavily into Zach and they thought up until middle of last season he was the next Mahomes

JD and Woody don’t understand how the qb position works in the NFL. It’s not a sophisticated explanation But it’s accurate 

• Upvote 1

I lose sleep when I see people actually believe horse-s stories and CTs like the Jet Blue story with no facts just made up. They take unrelated points and try to string them together. It's too bad when we see this every day in politics. I thought that sports was entertainment and a way of getting away from this. Look Zach was a top rated prospect who didn't make it because he sucks. There's nothing else behind it except for poor judgment. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2024 at 12:45 AM, Rangers9 said:

I lose sleep when I see people actually believe horse-s stories and CTs like the Jet Blue story with no facts just made up. They take unrelated points and try to string them together. It's too bad when we see this every day in politics. I thought that sports was entertainment and a way of getting away from this. Look Zach was a top rated prospect who didn't make it because he sucks. There's nothing else behind it except for poor judgment. 

Did JetBlue write this?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Did JetBlue write this?

Look Zach was a top rated prospect who didn't make it because he sucks.

Fly United you uncircumcised Philistine!

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2024 at 8:21 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

The owner and GM drank the Chris Simms kool aid 3 years ago.  as far as the JetBlue stuff goes there’s definitely something to it but ultimately I think Woody and JD both  emotionally invested heavily into Zach and they thought up until middle of last season he was the next Mahomes

JD and Woody don’t understand how the qb position works in the NFL. It’s not a sophisticated explanation But it’s accurate 

• Zach Wilson, from a connected family, with Steve Young advising, basically duped at least the Jets.  Supposedly he duped more teams, but the Jets took the bait.  
  • He did not physically test.  He played against weak competition during Covid, but he had a good Pro Day and convinced the Jets he could be an NFL QB.
  • As we know, this is what NFL owners and GMs want to conclude.   Look at what the Jaguars are paying Trevor Lawrence.  A good QB on a rookie contract is a powerful thing.   They had Greg Knapp.  They thought ZW was worth the gamble.   Even Blake Bortles, along with Mark Sanchez (2x), took his team to the AFCCG.  I think it was worth a shot, and with better coaching and support Zach could have been slightly better.  But he was always going to end up like Blake and Mark in the end.  
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • Zach Wilson, from a connected family, with Steve Young advising, basically duped at least the Jets.  Supposedly he duped more teams, but the Jets took the bait.  
  • He did not physically test.  He played against weak competition during Covid, but he had a good Pro Day and convinced the Jets he could be an NFL QB.
  • As we know, this is what NFL owners and GMs want to conclude.   Look at what the Jaguars are paying Trevor Lawrence.  A good QB on a rookie contract is a powerful thing.   They had Greg Knapp.  They thought ZW was worth the gamble.   Even Blake Bortles, along with Mark Sanchez (2x), took his team to the AFCCG.  I think it was worth a shot, and with better coaching and support Zach could have been slightly better.  But he was always going to end up like Blake and Mark in the end.  

The Niners wanted him. We should have traded with them and let them take him. However, the wise Niner organization decided that trading 3 ones for Trey Lance was the next best option. Absolute geniuses!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The Niners wanted him. We should have traded with them and let them take him. However, the wise Niner organization decided that trading 3 ones for Trey Lance was the next best option. Absolute geniuses!

The Niners were thinking the same thing as the Jets.  Maybe they were also in on Zach.  With those physical skills and our genius coaching, how could a QB “with arm talent” on a rookie deal backfire. 

Well…it did 2x in that draft, wasting $80mm.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Niners were thinking the same thing as the Jets.  Maybe they were also in on Zach.  With those physical skills and our genius coaching, how could a QB “with arm talent” on a rookie deal backfire. 

Well…it did 2x in that draft, wasting $80mm.  

Do you think the Bears or the Pats would have passed on Wilson in the #2 spot? Honest question.

6 hours ago, varjet said:

Woody and JD thought up until like week 14 2020 that Trevor was coming here.  Then we accidentally won a game and instead of doing the boring but correct thing of wanting to build the roster they wanted the sexy option which was the next big thing at QB according to the people in the media who know everything 

8 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Do you think the Bears or the Pats would have passed on Wilson in the #2 spot? Honest question.

Bears would have taken him.  Jim McMahon II. 

Pats-no way.  BB was not taking him.