ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

It’s amazing how much context matters.

You look at Bowers just running past guys all day in college and you see him catch a pass in the NFL and his speed doesn’t really stand out at all.

The difference between the burst of a Jaylen Wright or Xavier Worthy and a guy like Bowers, that .1 of a second in the 40 or whatever it is, is the difference between a house call and being tackled by converging defenders.

For the life of me, I still can’t believe Joe Douglas actually admitted that he didn’t factor in circumstances — freaking global pandemic — or level of competition when scouting for the #2 overall pick.

Even Nabers while making these spectacular catches is having to do it with defenders draped all over him.

That pro day throw by ZW essentially cost us 3 years because the front off fell in love and were fooled by things that don’t really matter at the QB position.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Can we admit that this is weird 

Omg that’s eff’ed 

Sean Payton sounds clinically insane

“My job is to frickin make you millions, either with us or for another team

Imagine Andy Reid saying that to Mahomes 🤣🤣

The obvious implication is that Zach is disposable and that he can’t make himself appear worthy of the “millions” on his own without Payton’s help 😂

“Gotta go get that scrub one last paycheck before the rest of the league wakes up”

If I’m a Broncos fan, I love that my head coach is preoccupied with this rather than figuring out how to win games

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Omg that’s eff’ed 

The obvious implication is that Zach is disposable and that he can’t make himself appear worthy of the “millions” on his own without Payton’s help 😂

“Gotta go get that scrub one last paycheck before the rest of the league wakes up”

If I’m a Broncos fan, I love that my head coach is preoccupied with this rather than figuring out how to win games

Sean Peyton’s inner monologue, “Wow Saleh was right this kid need constant smoke blown up his ass to keep from having a psychotic break.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Omg that’s eff’ed 

I’d say it’s just coach speak to try and  up his trade value, but you’ve got Russini and Chase Daniel (the new Chris Simms apparently) doing the same type of overtime work to gas him up. Didn’t they watch the game on Sunday?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I’d rather give 39-year-old Jamarcus Russell a look 

Payton is an obviously trying to bait someone in taking the kid instead of outright cutting him. Have to say it Joe Douglas looks like a guy that very well sniffs his own farts. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Payton is an obviously trying to bait someone in taking the kid instead of outright cutting him. Have to say it Joe Douglas looks like a guy that very well sniffs his own farts. 

Does he have a chance to beat out Stidham for #2? Seems weird to be hyping the dude up this much for a shot at a  conditional 7th. 

Either way, I'm just glad we moved on

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Does he have a chance to beat out Stidham for #2? Seems weird to be hyping the dude up this much for a shot at a  conditional 7th. 

I think Payton has quickly sussed out what we all know at this point — that the facade of unearned confidence protecting Zach’s Zennial ego is very thin indeed.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’m assuming it’s more of a save face thing for Payton. LOL

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m assuming it’s more of a save face thing for Payton. LOL

The fact that Zach didn’t dispatch Stidham as a threat week one of mini-camp showed Payton everything he needed to see.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IIRC, this pic was never thought of as cool.  It was mocked from day 1.  Though I do think it has the chance to one day be cool in an ironic sort of way.

Yeah I said it reminded me of something high school girls volleyball teams do 

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

I think Payton has quickly sussed out what we all know at this point — that the facade of unearned confidence protecting Zach’s Zennial ego is very thin indeed.

Yea, Stidham has been around for a while and is pretty bad 

• Upvote 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

Yea, Stidham has been around for a while and is pretty bad 

Some may say “how can you expect Zach to compete with Stidham who already knows the system?”

Rebuttal: Zach has been in the system the same amount of time as Nix.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I’d say it’s just coach speak to try and  up his trade value, but you’ve got Russini and Chase Daniel (the new Chris Simms apparently) doing the same type of overtime work to gas him up. Didn’t they watch the game on Sunday?

It’s a backhanded FU to Zach

• Upvote 1

It’s amazing how much context matters.
You look at Bowers just running past guys all day in college and you see him catch a pass in the NFL and his speed doesn’t really stand out at all.
The difference between the burst of a Jaylen Wright or Xavier Worthy and a guy like Bowers, that .1 of a second in the 40 or whatever it is, is the difference between a house call and being tackled by converging defenders.
For the life of me, I still can’t believe Joe Douglas actually admitted that he didn’t factor in circumstances — freaking global pandemic — or level of competition when scouting for the #2 overall pick.
Even Nabers while making these spectacular catches is having to do it with defenders draped all over him.
That pro day throw by ZW essentially cost us 3 years because the front off fell in love and were fooled by things that don’t really matter at the QB position.

Whenever we’re drafting quarterbacks, we need to follow the Bill Parcells rule of thumb. Rule one, the candidate must have played three years as the school starter. Rule number two, the candidate must have shown improvements in their game for each of the three years they started. Rule number three, the candidate must be a true leader, who fellow players respect and follow. Rule number four, the candidate must love and live the game of football.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

For all of you who want to relive the sordid 3-year saga

Quick recap: a lot of blame to go around starting with Zach and the Jets evaluation of his collegiate game being able to play behind one the the best offensive lines until a receiver coming open against inferior competition. 

• Upvote 1