1. 1. Whither Rodgers?

• RFK Jr fundraiser in Cali
    • European vacation
    • Ayahuasca trip/Darkness retreat
    • Minor surgery/injury related
    • Who cares/quiet quitting is fine now
    • Other

36 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

He went to Raider minicamp to watch a real Qb - Aidan OConnell throw.   Who says an ancient relic can’t learn something new.        Not to mention see what the Jets passed up on Brock Bowers. 

Whewwww, mystery solved, thanks! 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And? Brady went on vacation with her... And kids... Move along sir... The narrative is exhaustive and doesn't fit but the hatred is so high for AR that anything negative gets highlighted 50 times over but his positives are never discussed. 

His positives aren’t anything outside the boundaries of showing up for work. Why would we celebrate him doing his job?

I think it’s completely valid to question it when he doesn’t show up for work and/or puts himself over the team. Would any other player be afforded the same excuses?

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

Well apparently, he took a trip somehwere;

Aaron Rodgers skips all of Jets minicamp for a trip: Here’s what it means - The Athletic (nytimes.com)

Rodgers was nowhere to be found, an “unexcused absence” which, as coach Robert Saleh said on Tuesday, subjects him to a fine. Defensive end Haason Reddick also skipped minicamp, though he’s mired in a contract dispute.

Rodgers? The 40-year-old skipped practice this week for a trip. It was something he planned long before these practices, and something he alerted Saleh to ahead of time. The organization knew he’d miss the entire week, even if many outside the building originally misunderstood it as a one-day absence. None if it came as a surprise to the front office or coaches, even if the fans — and Taylor — didn’t know it was happening.

19 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The organization knew he’d miss the entire week, even if many outside the building originally misunderstood it as a one-day absence. None if it came as a surprise to the front office or coaches, even if the fans — and Taylor — didn’t know it was happening.

If this is true then Saleh’s press conference (where he stresses that it was “inexcused”) makes even less sense. Rodgers informed you months ago and then what? You told him that it was mandatory camp and he told you to eat sh*t and you spent the next two months not prepping for what was the world’s most predictable news cycle? And no one in the org clues the beat into the fact that Rodgers wasn’t going to be there in advance so there’s no freakout? Cimini reported no one had any idea Rodgers wasn’t going to be there until they got to the facility that day. If the Jets had advanced warning, they handled it about as bad as could be done, and now they’re paying the price for it.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

If this is true then Saleh’s press conference (where he stresses that it was “inexcused”) makes even less sense. Rodgers informed you months ago and then what? You told him that it was mandatory camp and he told you to eat sh*t? And no one in the org clues the beat into the fact that Rodgers wasn’t going to be there in advance so there’s no freakout? Cimini reported no one had any idea Rodgers wasn’t going to be there until they got to the facility that day. If the Jets had advanced warning, they handled it about as bad as could be done, and now they’re paying the price for it.  

It’s possible Saleh just blew the presser (I’m reminded of every time he’s ever discussed injuries), but my read on the “inexcused” thing is that, whether he knew in advance or not, Saleh is legitimately pissed that Rodgers isn’t there, and is even more pissed that Rodgers has so thoroughly emasculated him that all he can do is take little passive-aggressive shots from the podium, but that is in fact exactly what’s happened, so all he can do is take little passive-aggressive shots from the podium.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If this is true then Saleh’s press conference (where he stresses that it was “inexcused”) makes even less sense. 

This same information has been reported through a few different media outlets that I've seen.

You would think after a few years on the job, he would have figured it out by now, but Saleh still seems to struggle with handling the NY media, at times.

• Upvote 1

in a vacuum, probably not a huge deal that he's missing mini camp after being around the team all spring blah blah. But if you don't see this as an extremely ominous portend, idk what team you've been watching for what seems like the past 4,000 years.

7 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

This same information has been reported through a few different media outlets that I've seen.

You would think after a few years on the job, he would have figured it out by now, but Saleh still seems to struggle with handling the NY media, at times.

Saleh is as good at pressers as he is with clock management.

He’s the cog in the wheel I’m most concerned with.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Asymmetrical said:

in a vacuum, probably not a huge deal that he's missing mini camp after being around the team all spring blah blah. But if you don't see this as an extremely ominous portend, idk what team you've been watching for what seems like the past 4,000 years.

I really don't think it is either, but the way the information came out to the public & the media, was definitely handled poorly.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Where do we think Rodgers has gone off to? No one is saying, but Cowherd thinks it‘s a euro vacation, the internet thinks it the RFK event, and Chase Daniel claims he knows, but only says that it’s “expensive.” 

If it was an RFK event we would hear about it and it would be huge news (even if it shouldn't be).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I really don't think it is either, but the way the information came out to the public & the media, was definitely handled poorly.

100%. it's like they go out of their way to make themselves look bad. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If this is true then Saleh’s press conference (where he stresses that it was “inexcused”) makes even less sense. Rodgers informed you months ago and then what? You told him that it was mandatory camp and he told you to eat sh*t and you spent the next two months not prepping for what was the world’s most predictable news cycle? And no one in the org clues the beat into the fact that Rodgers wasn’t going to be there in advance so there’s no freakout? Cimini reported no one had any idea Rodgers wasn’t going to be there until they got to the facility that day. If the Jets had advanced warning, they handled it about as bad as could be done, and now they’re paying the price for it.  

Saleh had to say inexcused because it will come out as to where rodgers was.  You cant excuse guys for going to Bora Bora for a week.

Minor surgery/injury related

sh*t, never thought of that as a possabillity.

I presume all the "Leave Rodgers alone!  He can skip anything he wants!" folks would suddenly find renewed interest if this turned out to be the reason he was absent.

Of course, if it was, Saleh would never have described it the way he did, an injury-related absence would of course be fully excused.  Unless, of course, they were trying to hide some injury/reinjury issue from opponents/the public, but that's a bit too far into Tin-Foil-Hat territory for me.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I get the feeling Saleh is a decent, honest person in a job that requires him to bullsh*t and occasionally lie and he just isn't comfortable or good at it.

I'd tend to agree with you.

He does seem to be honest & forthcoming, even at times when he probably shouldn't be.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

It’s possible Saleh just blew the presser (I’m reminded of every time he’s ever discussed injuries), but my read on the “inexcused” thing is that, whether he knew in advance or not, Saleh is legitimately pissed that Rodgers isn’t there, and is even more pissed that Rodgers has so thoroughly emasculated him that all he can do is take little passive-aggressive shots from the podium, but that is in fact exactly what’s happened, so all he can do is take little passive-aggressive shots from the podium.

Weird spot to start a war of wills with Rodgers, but would be kinda consistent with Saleh taking a veiled shot at a guy when that guy is a 1,000 miles away from Florham Park. I know podcasts can be insufferable, but the last ten minutes of this Athletic pod (with Mays and Ollie Connolly) articulated pretty well the challenges LaFleur faced in Green Bay with Rodgers and how that’s going to potentially translate with Saleh and the Jets. Short form: Rodgers, even after winning two MVPs decided to wrest control of the offense back from LaFleur which resulted in the struggles of 2022. Despite LaFleur bending over backwards to accommodate him, Rodgers was passing up open receivers because he only wanted to run what he wanted to run. And if Rodgers is going to insist upon tailoring the entire offense to his wishes, it’s going to be a rough go if he’s not 100% committed to the bit. Last 10-ish minutes:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000658872635

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

If it was an RFK event we would hear about it and it would be huge news (even if it shouldn't be).

That event is tonight, so if he’s there, we’ll know tomorrow

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, peebag said:

My belief is that the Achilles is not responding well and he's hiding out so the press doesn't go ape sh!t on the team

Someone posted a clip on twitter of Rodgers trying to run at practice last month and he looked very gimpy 

I think it’s 50/50 he retires before week 1

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Someone posted a clip on twitter of Rodgers trying to run at practice last month and he looked very gimpy 

I think it’s 50/50 he retires before week 1

I think he starts 5 snaps this year.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

It is just such a weird thing. Seems to be attention whoring for the sack of attention whoring. He was there all offseason and this is just the exclamation point. Yet him missing it sends out another distraction that this franchise doesn't need.

This guy needs to throw for 4,000 yards and lead the Jets to first place in the AFC East for all this nonsense to be worth it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

21 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

In My Head Text GIF by Animanias

Serious question -- what has Rodgers done to earn this allegiance from you? Is this just a general Jets fan thing (i.e. as a homer you'd defend any Jets QB to the death) or do you have a particular predilection for Rodgers?

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Short form: Rodgers, even after winning two MVPs decided to wrest control of the offense back from LaFleur which resulted in the struggles of 2022. Despite LaFleur bending over backwards to accommodate him, Rodgers was passing up open receivers because he only wanted to run what he wanted to run.

Well, that's horrifying.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Serious question -- what has Rodgers done to earn this allegiance from you? Is this just a general Jets fan thing (i.e. as a homer you'd defend any Jets QB to the death) or do you have a particular predilection for Rodgers?

I root for laundry. He's the ******* QB. If I rooted for Wilson and Darnold, why in the world wouldn't I root for Rodgers?? I don't care what his beliefs are. I don't care who he votes for. I wouldn't care if he thinks the earth is flat. Why should I? I think he's got something left in the tank and I'll support him as long as he's a Jet.

• Upvote 2

It's pretty funny seeing the over reactions here,

Simple answer is... because at this stage of his career he can miss a couple of days, which he notified them way ahead of time about. He's fully invested as he demonstrated in him being at the voluntary OTA's

My best guess is that it has something to do with his deep personal things he talks about here which I found and just quickly scanned through. Today was 9 month's since his surgery, and he mentioned in the video about being at the 6 month date and reflecting on his valuable life lessons learned up to that point ...  maybe not, as the RFK Jr event may also be why,  as he also talks about him in this video. 

At about 2:09 he talks about what this team means to him after being asked what he's excited about which tells you his mindset.

Anyway, we'll soon find out

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I root for laundry. He's the ******* QB. If I rooted for Wilson and Darnold, why in the world wouldn't I root for Rodgers?? I don't care what his beliefs are. I don't care who he votes for. I wouldn't care if he thinks the earth is flat. Why should I? I think he's got something left in the tank and I'll support him as long as he's a Jet.

Do you think being critical of Rodgers for skipping days means you're not/can't be rooting for Rodgers on gameday?

Do you think you "supporting him" means anything to anyone other than yourself?  

If he throws a bad INT, will you refuse to be critical of it, because you're "supporting him"?

This is just such an odd, odd post to me.  The idea that "rooting" and "support" somehow mandate no criticism or negative comment of any kind about any thing.....just odd.

And why do you keep making it about his politics, and not the specific thing we're all talking about, skipping days of mandatory minicamp.  

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

11 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol whatever you say Dickety Head

I've read a lot of contentious posts on this forum but one thing that is extremely rare is outright name calling. It's a bad look. Be better.

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is just such a weird thing. Seems to be attention whoring for the sack of attention whoring. 

Shouldnt be weird or surprised, attention whoring is Rodgers second greatest skill. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Surely Aaron Rodgers would never do that!

Just now, JustInFudge said:

Shouldnt be weird or surprised, attention whoring is Rodgers second greatest skill. 

Damn, usually I like yours better, but this time, I think I like mine!

heeeeyyyy!

• Haha 1