Is ItJust Me

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

@SoFlaJets

This is just speculation on my part, because I certainly can't speak for others.

I think after how last season went down the crapper 4 snaps into the very first game of the year, at least some fans are understandably keeping their expectations & enthusiasm in check,

I'm cautiously optimistic, but there are a lot of things that have to go right, for the Jets to have a good season.

Ask this same question again after week 1 vs San Francisco.

Last season I was "all in" I was watching Jake Atman and some of the other guys on YouTube every day. I knew every player on the roster including those of the Practice Squad, I mean I was ready for a great season and then there we were again, having to watch the worst QB in the history of the team AGAIN, there was no hope that he could ever do what Sam Darnold, Geno Smith or Marc Sanchez could do. Then the great GM played Where's Waldo all season afraid to be held accountable and a clueless Head Coach standing at the podium week after week trying to convinced us that the guy he was sending out there gave the team the "best chance to win". I'll tell you ARod this kind of behavior doesn't instill a lot of confidence going forward.

Hopefully I'm wrong

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Or are you guys also not real excited about this upcoming season? Watching this team blunder through a decade and a half of uninteresting football seasons has taken a lot of the love of this game from me. It's gotten to the point of wondering who is going to get hurt next, which key position is going to be decimated THIS year.

It would be nice to be wrong, and have an enjoyable fall watching the Jets win  and make the playoffs. Since that last playoff game in Pittsburgh the Jets have gone 77-134-that takes something out of you

Last year kinda burned me out. I expect Nothing.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I am more optimistic about this year than last. Last year there were real questions and roster spots that made me raise my eyebrows, on the OL obviously. That’s not there this year for me. This team’s ready to go

• Upvote 3

Boggles my mind...

EVERY team in the league has to stay healthy to have a good season but when it comes to us its a much bigger deal.

Tyron Smith was an often injured but fantastic player every year but now that he plays for us he cant be counted on and that is a weakness, for Dallas he was a brick in the wall. 

Why are the rules different for us? We have the same players who have been good in the league with other teams despite their injury history but for us they are assumed to all go down in the first month of the season and will not be contributers. 

Alcaraz and Djokovic practiced together , Djokovic won the match | Talk  Tennis

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Or are you guys also not real excited about this upcoming season?

I don't know, but I am excited about and looking forward to this upcoming season.

But it's also June, and the weather is beautiful, and there are better things to do with one's time in June than worry about September football.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

Boggles my mind...

EVERY team in the league has to stay healthy to have a good season but when it comes to us its a much bigger deal.

Tyron Smith was an often injured but fantastic player every year but now that he plays for us he cant be counted on and that is a weakness, for Dallas he was a brick in the wall. 

Why are the rules different for us? We have the same players who have been good in the league with other teams des[ote their injury history but for us they are assumed to all go down in the first month of the season and will not be contributers. 

I think it's different for the Jets because the surfaces they make their players play on are usually among the worst rated, not to mention the strength and conditioning coaches are being blamed snd supposedly they have been let go and a new system has been brought in

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Or are you guys also not real excited about this upcoming season? Watching this team blunder through a decade and a half of uninteresting football seasons has taken a lot of the love of this game from me. It's gotten to the point of wondering who is going to get hurt next, which key position is going to be decimated THIS year.

It would be nice to be wrong, and have an enjoyable fall watching the Jets win  and make the playoffs. Since that last playoff game in Pittsburgh the Jets have gone 77-134-that takes something out of you

Not just you. I have posted several times that I am completely opposed to the Rodgers trade and all related signings, hate the way they handled Huff and the idiotic Reddick trade, but most of all hate HATE Saleh who I think is the worst HC in the NFL. It is easy to blame everything on Zach but the reality is that Saleh is stubborn, not a good strategic coach, terrible in-game and has lost the team at the end 3 years running. Rodgers is 2 years and an achilles from a sharply declining season and people think he is going to revert to MVP style play. And let's not get me started on JD that has filled the roster with fragile older players and built a team out of paper mache.

I think we win 7 or fewer and we blow the entire thing up. Again.

No I am with you, this is my lowest interest level for a season ever I think.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Boggles my mind...

Why are the rules different for us? We have the same players who have been good in the league with other teams des[ote their injury history but for us they are assumed to all go down in the first month of the season and will not be contributers. 

disease-disease-every.jpg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Boggles my mind...

Because they are the jets.  Anything that can possibly go wrong will, self inflicted or otherwise. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I think it's different for the Jets because the surfaces they make their players play on are usually among the worst rated, not to mention the strength and conditioning coaches are being blamed snd supposedly they have been let go and a new system has been brought in

This is speculative fan nonsense. There are a LOT of turf fields....the Giants play in the same stadium but I guess the turf is tougher  when we play? The rest about who is being blamed? please provide link

no offense btw, just wondering why we are held to a different standard.

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

wow....so basically no facts....just more

The Sky Is Falling Chicken Little GIF - The Sky Is Falling Chicken Little Chicken GIFs

Sky is not falling.   Until proven otherwise the logical expectation is the sky will fall eventually.    

Prove it on the field....let's start with not being a running joke in September and mathematically eliminated by Halloween

I've found over the years that no matter how optimistic or pessimistic you are going into the season, the Jets will fall short of either set of expectations at a rate of approximately 100%. So it doesn't really matter which you way you go. Probably the best move is to be optimistic (for your own short-term happiness), but quiet about that optimism, so no one is laughing at you about it later.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, pajet said:

Sky is not falling.   Until proven otherwise the logical expectation is the sky will fall eventually.    

Prove it on the field....let's start with not being a running joke in September and mathematically eliminated by Halloween

The second line of this post is 100% true........FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

The sky is NOT falling period, it it not falling eventually. It is only the sad, nevative expectations that make it feel that way. I mean why bother watch the team if you already believe they will fail? Why watch the draft when they will only pick bust players? Why pay attention to free agency if all of them will get injured and go down for the year? Why bother listening to the coach when he is only going to have a losing record and never produce a winning season? It's perspective and the same rules apply for all 32 teams in the league.

We just have too many doomers and gloomers here that have been beaten into submission from the decades of shatttty football.

but the sky is the same sky here that is is in Kansas City.

4 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

@SoFlaJets

This is just speculation on my part, because I certainly can't speak for others.

I think after how last season went down the crapper 4 snaps into the very first game of the year, at least some fans are understandably keeping their expectations & enthusiasm in check,

I'm cautiously optimistic, but there are a lot of things that have to go right, for the Jets to have a good season.

Ask this same question again after week 1 vs San Francisco.

This is pretty much me as well.

Go win some games. Show me that you are good team then I will consider jumping in feet first

• Upvote 1