Revis vs Cromartie X (Twitter) feud (Revis looking like a stooge again)

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Revis was undeniably better ... But both were tremendous .. an amazing tandem ...and to date ... At least publicly ... Cro seems way more like the guy I want to buy a beer for. Sad.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Revis seems to be on his own island these days. Sad!

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Revis is 100% type to start an argument over being called great. He knows as good as he was he could have been better, but Uncle Shawn taught him money > football. That’s fine and true but Revis never gave 100% after his first few seasons. His  choice, now he’s obviously dealing with it, can’t stand  hear his name mention with slightest amount of doubt, because he knows better than anyone he mailed  it in later in His career. 

When you live in the moment and think you’re better than everyone (and your uncle reinforces that) it’s a lonely life when the fame goes away.

28 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Revis was undeniably better ... But both were tremendous .. an amazing tandem ...and to date ... At least publicly ... Cro seems way more like the guy I want to buy a beer for. Sad.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

For the best, Revis wouldn’t show up if you weren’t paying anyways. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Revis is a bit of an ass apparently. 

Not a bit, a whole lot. He is the main

reason we lost to the Bills in 2015, his effort was pathetic.

R$ was known for his phony hammy pulls when he was beat,

I remember him  grabbing the back of leg, when Randy Moss

torched him. Talk of him being a good tackler is pure BS.

In 2010 with Tim Tebow running toward him he made a business

decision that would have embarrassed Deion Sanders.

The money grubbing Bastid was the worst teammate that

ever was

• Upvote 2

Revis was lockdown in any season beyond his rookie year through the year he tore his ACL.

Was still great the 2 years after his torn ACL (Bucs and Pats)

After that, yes he got fat. Which is inexcusable. He also stopped tackling after he got a concussion, which I cant blame him for.

But from 2008-2014 ---- there was not a better defensive player in the entire league. Dont try to sell me on a corner who only plays 1 side.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Revis…….should not be in the jets hall of fame or the pro football hall of fame.  Had 2 or 3 really good years but the rest was meh

Cro is right is calling this clown out.  I dont even acknowledge Revis is a jet.

Id take Aaron Glenn over him any day if the week.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Other than LT, Revis is the most dominant defensive player I’ve ever seen. Press-man corners don’t last in the league, so the arc was relatively short, but the height of his career was Aaron Donald-like. Cro was a freelancing deadbeat and a net negative player unless he was making the occasional pick. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Are we really gatekeeping offseason talk 

Have you been cut off? What else do the real housewives of X have to offer? I’m on the edge of my seat. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Rex was right, Revis should’ve won a DPoY. He was absolutely dominant. 

There’s not even a modern analog to Revis because teams have all but given up on using press man. Even the guys that are good at press are only good at it for one season or less: Xavien Howard, Eric Stokes, Jamel Dean types. You literally can’t even draft a dude to play it because colleges can’t recruit kids who play it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Revis will never be a true “Jets great”.  The guy reached the pinnacle of his career with our most hated rival and was nothing more than an all-time mercenary.  He just happened to enjoy his longest cup of tea here.

The Patriots and their fans can claim him for all I care.  Putting him in the Ring Of Honor is one of the most embarrassing things this franchise has ever done.

I don’t think anyone at this point remembers Revis on the Pats besides Jets fans. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Are we really gatekeeping offseason talk 

It's what he does, while pretending he doesn't do it.  

A quick check of the weather today for several Mexican beaches says it's in the 80s and beautiful right now.  I guess slats is "moderating" from his beach chair today.  Seems strange to me but to each his own.

I'm all for Revis getting as much money as he could.  Teams kick players to the curb when they can no longer perform so I get the idea of turning the tables.

Revis was an all-time great for a few seasons but I really don't understand his overly negative attitude, especially towards Cromartie.  What exactly did AC say that was so bad?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm all for Revis getting as much money as he could.  Teams kick players to the curb when they can no longer perform so I get the idea of turning the tables.

Well, yeah, but Revis wants to eat his cake and have it too.  He was a mercenary (that's totally fine) who also wanted to be beloved by Jets fans, and that just doesn't work.  He even went after Jet legend Joe Klecko, almost universally loved by Jets fans, because of that bitterness.  Jets fans will never love Revis like they loved guys like Klecko and he doesn't like that. 

He clearly didn't seem to make any friends during his career because he comes off as a rich but lonely person.  Again...that's kinda what you sign on for when you're a mercenary your whole career.  And when your career is over, you eventually end up mostly forgotten.

I admire Revis for the player he was in 2009 and a few years surrounding that season but I despise him as a person.  And now that he's no longer helping the Jets win games most of us ended up "kicking him to the curb" all the same.  Enjoy your riches and STFU, Darrelle.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's what he does, while pretending he doesn't do it.  

A quick check of the weather today for several Mexican beaches says it's in the 80s and beautiful right now.  I guess slats is "moderating" from his beach chair today.  Seems strange to me but to each his own.

I’m actually in the middle of a two month long vacation on the Iberian Peninsula. Dipped into Morocco, and will hit Bordeaux before flying back home out of London. I also tag or quote anyone here I decide talk about, unlike you who seems be too afraid to do so (and then whines when he’s talked about - boo hoo!). But again, I wasn’t afraid of vagina in my teens, either. 

Have a nice day. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Lot of what could have been a with Revis career. Fraudulent first ballot but lived off of 2009 and the voters are idiots 

No, the idiots are those who keep saying his standing is fraudulent.  You really have to be clueless to believe this 

• Upvote 1