bo nix

On 8/19/2024 at 4:36 PM, slimjasi said:

He looks solid from what I've seen. (Only looked at his snaps on YouTube)

Sean Payton should be expected to do a good job with any young QB who can play. 

Looking forward to our game with them in late September 

Improved dramatically over his past couple of college seasons.  Thought it was insane when he was mocked to the Jets in round 3.  I thought he had a legit shot to be a top 10 pick.

Not surprised he's having preseason success based on the amount of experience he had in college.

• Upvote 1

Every single Great or so called "genius" HC in this league has had a great QB for an extended period. When said Great QB is gone so is that coach's success. The only coach I have seen scratch out some decent seasons without a good QB or after his good QB has left was Pete Carroll and possibly Mike Tomlin. 

Sean Peyton ain't doing anything and he has done absolutely nothing without a healthy Drew Brees. If Bo Nix is good or turns out to be great it's because that's what he is no matter what Sean Peyton does. The QB guru narrative is pure bullsh*t IMHO you either get one or you don't

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Every single Great or so called "genius" HC in this league has had a great QB for an extended period. When said Great QB is gone so is that coach's success. The only coach I have seen scratch out some decent seasons without a good QB or after his good QB has left was Pete Carroll and possibly Mike Tomlin. 

Sean Peyton ain't doing anything and he has done absolutely nothing without a healthy Drew Brees. If Bo Nix is good or turns out to be great it's because that's what he is no matter what Sean Peyton does. The QB guru narrative is pure bullsh*t IMHO you either get one or you don't

Andy Reid had some success with Alex Smith and McNabb wasn't very good for the two years after he left Philly.

On 8/19/2024 at 11:37 AM, Warfish said:

100% off topic, but is there a reason you don't capitalize anything?  Names?  First words of sentences?  Call me old, but it hurts my brain.  Also, no punctuation?

All this wasted keystrokes tires him out

This Is Stupid Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Andy Reid had some success with Alex Smith and McNabb wasn't very good for the two years after he left Philly.

Yeah, but.......

Those are two pretty good QBs. It is not like he was winning 180 games in KC/Philly with Jacoby Brisset.  

Andy Reid did not get in the GOAT conversation or approach the all-time win mark until he drafts an all-time great.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Yeah, but.......

Those are two pretty good QBs. It is not like he was winning 180 games in KC/Philly with Jacoby Brisset.  

Andy Reid did not get in the GOAT conversation or approach the all-time win mark until he drafts an all-time great.

Fair enough.  But I do think some coaches will get more out their QB's than others.  Andy Reid can get to the playoffs with average - while others will fail miserably and have the easy excuse of bad QB play.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Alex Smith was a very good QB with a great supporting cast as Was McNabb. Neither of those QB's were waht I would consider sub par at all. Reid has coached a good to great QB his entire career . I still think Reid is a damn good coach so dont get me wrong I have seen him make some nice calls through the years but its nice to have an All Star executing those calls as well 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Fair enough.  But I do think some coaches will get more out their QB's than others.  Andy Reid can get to the playoffs with average - while others will fail miserably and have the easy excuse of bad QB play.

Who was the last "average" QB Andy Reid had starting for him?

Patrick Mahomes (2018-2023)
Alex Smith (2013-2017)
Mike Vick (2010-2012)
Donovan McNabb (2000-2009)
Doug Pederson (1999 Only)

That's a pretty impressive list.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Alex Smith and McNabb would both be among the best QBs the Jets have ever had 

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who was the last "average" QB Andy Reid had starting for him?

Patrick Mahomes (2018-2023)
Alex Smith (2013-2017)
Mike Vick (2010-2012)
Donovan McNabb (2000-2009)
Doug Pederson (1999 Only)

That's a pretty impressive list.

• Mahomes is Mahomes.
  • Alex Smith went to the playoffs once in his 8 years in SF but all four years with KC
  • Mike Vick was shot after jail and Andy Reid still managed to get him to the playoffs.
  • Donovan McNabb was awful after he left Philly (he was older but not an old man 34 and 35)

I'm not saying he some type of QB guru - but I am saying the guy does seem to get more out of his QB's than others.  He's doing something right.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:
  • Mahomes is Mahomes.
  • Alex Smith went to the playoffs once in his 8 years in SF but all four years with KC
  • Mike Vick was shot after jail and Andy Reid still managed to get him to the playoffs.
  • Donovan McNabb was awful after he left Philly (he was older but not an old man 34 and 35)

I'm not saying he some type of QB guru - but I am saying the guy does seem to get more out of his QB's than others.  He's doing something right.

In 8 seasons with SF, he started more than 10 games twice. I'm KC he starter 15 or more games in all five of his seasons there. Context is key.

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

In 8 seasons with SF, he started more than 10 games twice. I'm KC he starter 15 or more games in all five of his seasons there. Context is key.

Are you saying he was just unlucky in SF?   Is it possible there was something in the offense where he was less likely to get hurt in KC?

Isn't keeping the QB healthy part of the gig?

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you saying he was just unlucky in SF?   Is it possible there was something in the offense where he was less likely to get hurt in KC?

I'm saying it's hard to make the playoffs when your starting QB plays less than 3/4 of the games. 

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm saying it's hard to make the playoffs when your starting QB plays less than 3/4 of the games. 

Totally get it.  And I'm saying part of the job as a HC is to keep your QB healthy.  So when we talk about a coach being able to get more out of their QB's.  You need to keep him on the field.  

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Totally get it.  And I'm saying part of the job as a HC is to keep your QB healthy.  So when we talk about a coach being able to get more out of their QB's.  You need to keep him on the field.  

If you mean not calling naked bootlegs 15 times a game, then I agree it's his job to keep the QB healthy. 

I've never heard it was the HC's job to keep the QB healthy, but ok. The Niners HC got Smith injured all them years. They did it to Garoppolo too! And Purdy! 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Again, yeah, but.....

While I agree with the sentiment of the first part of the bold, Andy Reid is not making a F graded QB an A+.  Outside of Mahomes, he took a lot of B QBs and made them better.  McNabb was very good.  I think you are sleeping on Vick.  He had a winning record in Atlanta.  While his won/loss did not reflect it, he had better numbers across the board under Andy.  

You make it seem like Andy has won a majority of his games with Zach WIlson level QB.  234 of his 258 wins came with those four QBs.  

7 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Again, yeah, but.....

While I agree with the sentiment of the first part of the bold, Andy Reid is not making a F graded QB an A+.  Outside of Mahomes, he took a lot of B QBs and made them better.  McNabb was very good.  I think you are sleeping on Vick.  He had a winning record in Atlanta.  While his won/loss did not reflect it, he had better numbers across the board under Andy.  

You make it seem like Andy has won a majority of his games with Zach WIlson level QB.  234 of his 258 wins came with those four QBs.  

If you've listened to him talk about him on McAfee, Belichick sounds like a genuine fan / semi-believer in Nix.

"Sure, not every throw is 60 yards down the field.  But I don't care, 75% completions is still 75% completions."  🤣

On a side note, he also mentioned that Sean Payton's offense is very complex and requires an intelligent, quick minded, decisive QB to read things at the LOS, quickly diagnose and pull the trigger.

He said even if they decide Nix is ready week 1, it won't be an easy offense for him to run.

Zach Wilson is just about the poorest fit you could imagine for a Sean Payton offense.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Zach Wilson is just about the poorest fit you could imagine for a Sean Payton offense.

Yet Payton still traded for him, which is mind numbing. It was definitely an ego move.

• 4 weeks later...