I don't think I ever needed a good Jets season more...

But what a great age for him to experience a deep playoff run! If they do it, he will never forget it.
Exactly this ... 14 is the perfect age for an indelible lifelong memory. My Godson was 14 on Nov 22, 2012.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Day by day I am trying to figure out this new normal. Having free time is something that I just haven't had in a long time. So I am beyond excited for this season. And we are going to take JetNation to a new level. Working on so many plans, going to pour my heart and soul into JetNation even more than before.

Thank you all for making this place your online home!

Just got back from Disney Phil and remembered that was a favorite place for the two of you

i remember a few years back you posted a picture of Lauren and yourself sitting outside the Peter Pan ride.

i passed it several times and said prayers to Lauren to watch over you and your family

as you say - day by day

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Day by day I am trying to figure out this new normal. Having free time is something that I just haven't had in a long time. So I am beyond excited for this season. And we are going to take JetNation to a new level. Working on so many plans, going to pour my heart and soul into JetNation even more than before.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for this place!

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

More than anything, I hope the Jets can bring you some joy in an otherwise crappy year. Even when they lose, I hope they play well, stay healthy and don't beat themselves. And I really hope that the team does so well that you won't have to log in to see see the countless negative posts that we've all become accustomed to over the years (mostly all deserving.) How great would it be to see this place pumped with excitement as the Jets make a run at the Super Bowl? It would be electric! Even the giant air conditioner would be bursting with energy as the Jets marched towards the ultimate victory!

It's nothing but a dream right now but so see it happen in the darkest of years for you would absolutely make my year. And judging from the amount of love shown by so many members here, it would make their year too! A title would be extra special knowing how much it would mean to you this year of all years.

God bless, Phil! I hope to ride the super bowl train with you 👍

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

This place has become more like a fam forum than a fan forum.  Just like a real family, full of crazy uncles, fighting over the dessert at Thanksgiving and mental instability! lol  I’m never leaving.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

If anybody deserves to see a Jets Super Bowl win it is you my friend.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

On 8/27/2024 at 11:28 PM, Maxman said:

Seriously don't think I ever needed the Jets to be good, more than I need it this year. It is a scary place to be, counting on the Jets to relieve stress from real life and provide a positive distraction.  :)

Man I hope they can do it.

I am going to be at the games even earlier this year. I'm eyeing up some road games, and I'm definitely doing Pittsburgh.

Week one, San Fran is hurting, let's get that one and then the schedule actually does the Jets a favor for once. Cmon Jets I (we all) need a miracle season.

Let's go Jets!!!

I always say (and believe) that I want the Jets to win more for my kids than for me. Now I hope they win more for you, Phil. Can't imagine what you're going through and if the Jets finally put it together this year, I hope it give you some comfort in this difficult time.

• Sympathy 1

On 9/2/2024 at 1:55 PM, Maxman said:

I look forward to the Aussie rules and cricket sections of the forum.

Only half joking.

I think.

On 9/1/2024 at 11:55 PM, Maxman said:

Good on you, my man!   Much love!  We are all here for you and dont worry, this is going to be an awesome season and Rodgers is going to remind everyone why he was the GOAT before Mahomes.

Re; New levels.  As a display of support to you and this great community you've built, call me a softy but I will reconsider the "Jets deep, like really deep, Analysis in Lingerie Hour" - hosted by @The Crusher and JiF.  I'm back to my playing weight, almost have a 4 pack and Crusher is at his most sloppy slob moment of his life, so it's perfect timing.  Could be really hot and of course, really insightful. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Good on you, my man!   Much love!  We are all here for you and dont worry, this is going to be an awesome season and Rodgers is going to remind everyone why he was the GOAT before Mahomes.

Re; New levels.  As a display of support to you and this great community you've built, call me a softy but I will reconsider the "Jets deep, like really deep, Analysis in Lingerie Hour" - hosted by @The Crusher and JiF.  I'm back to my playing weight, almost have a 4 pack and Crusher is at his most sloppy slob moment of his life, so it's perfect timing.  Could be really hot and of course, really insightful. 

In!!

• Upvote 1

Only been following the Jets since 2021 when the Jets drafted that good boy.  Never followed any NFL team but have been following BYU football since 1996 and can celebrate in some good seasons, but also a lot of heartbreak games.

I salute you old timers, and Ill be screaming at my TV for the Jets as we watch this talented roster show out for all of you.

My Breece Hall jersey should arrive this week and I can't wait to annoy everyone around me on game days.

• Upvote 2

On 8/27/2024 at 11:28 PM, Maxman said:

Seriously don't think I ever needed the Jets to be good, more than I need it this year. It is a scary place to be, counting on the Jets to relieve stress from real life and provide a positive distraction.  :)

Man I hope they can do it.

I am going to be at the games even earlier this year. I'm eyeing up some road games, and I'm definitely doing Pittsburgh.

Week one, San Fran is hurting, let's get that one and then the schedule actually does the Jets a favor for once. Cmon Jets I (we all) need a miracle season.

Let's go Jets!!!

You deserve much more, but we will start with the Jets.

• Sympathy 1