New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Hell I'd trade the guy for a 2nd and 3rd.to some team thinking they need an edge to make the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Are they going to really want to give a 2nd or 3rd, AND sign him long term? Probably wouldn’t be a quick negotiation for contract extension. There is no way a team will trust him/ his agent that he will report and play once traded for. His word now means absolutely dog sh!t. Think teams would rather see him play a few games end of the year, and then sign him without giving up a pick in the offseason. He definitely hurt his value, and it may come to the open market for him to realize that. Of course he can’t get in the open market until he plays this yr.. 

Take it with a pinch of salt but a caller on WFAN yesterday claimed to know people who know Reddick and the caller said do not be surprised if Reddick reports this week and the reason he held out the first 3 games is because he did not want to play the 3 games in 11 days to protect his body.

Just now, JetsMan57 said:

Take it with a tiny pinch of salt but a caller on WFAN yesterday claimed to know people who know Reddick and the caller said do not be surprised if Reddick reports this week and the reason he held out the first 3 games is because he did not want to play the 3 games in 11 days to protect his body.

That was reported by the great Tony Vega$ on X, lol.

• Haha 4

Take it with a pinch of salt but a caller on WFAN yesterday claimed to know people who know Reddick and the caller said do not be surprised if Reddick reports this week and the reason he held out the first 3 games is because he did not want to play the 3 games in 11 days to protect his body.

That would make him pretty stupid...so stupid that I'd be concerned if he can pick up the defensive system and be effective within the first 5 games he plays.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

He’s literally the only player holding out under this new CBA and his fines can’t be waived.

I mean in hindsight, why did he even agree to show up to the introductory press conference?

He has zero interest in playing football for this team.

He might as well have handed Hymie Elhai a dinner napkin with a handwritten note:  “I refuse to play for the NYJ, even if it costs me 14M.  Trade me.”

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He’s literally the only player holding out under this new CBA and his fines can’t be waived.

I mean in hindsight, why did he even agree to show up to the introductory press conference?

He has zero interest in playing football for this team.

He might as well have handed Hymie Elhai a dinner napkin with a handwritten note:  “I refuse to play for the NYJ, even if it costs me 14M.  Trade me.”

The kicker is he cannot force a trade. What’s he going to do threaten not to play if he isn’t traded ? 🤣 

It makes no sense that he won’t play for the jets without a new deal, but will for any other team ? Lol. Nobody would be buying that bs. He only has 3 choices , show up soon and play , retire, or be ready to show up next yr as a jet ..

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2024 at 7:56 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

“I refuse to play 17 games for $14MM, but am willing to play 14 games for $6MM.”

Shrewd.

Take it with an even BIGGER pinch of salt but I just heard a guy on a Reddit twitter podcast say you should only be mildly surprised if Reddick signs with a Japanese baseball team this week because it's always been a lifelong dream on account of his favorite movie being Mr. Baseball, starring Tom Selleck. So, there you go.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Take it with an even BIGGER pinch of salt but I just heard a guy on a Reddit twitter podcast say you should only be mildly surprised if Reddick signs with a Japanese baseball team this week because it's always been a lifelong dream on account of his favorite movie being Mr. Baseball, starring Tom Selleck. So, there you go.

I also heard he was going to Japan, but it’s to become a sumo wrestler. It’s been his dream since he saw the movie Fatso with Don DeLuise

If he appears in the minimum 6 games in order to accrue the season, he will collect roughly 5.1 million in salary. How much if that will go towards fines? I've seen anywhere from 2 million to 4.5 million. Is it possible that he will have to play 6 games and risk injury to net $600k? That's nuts! 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If he appears in the minimum 6 games in order to accrue the season, he will collect roughly 5.1 million in salary. How much if that will go towards fines? I've seen anywhere from 2 million to 4.5 million. Is it possible that he will have to play 6 games and risk injury to net $600k? That's nuts! 

Wow I didn't even consider that part about the mandatory fines! Makes it even more dumber! He has no choice but to show up for the 6 games... his fines would almost be more than his pay if he only played 6!!! Seems dum lol

On 9/22/2024 at 12:24 PM, JetsMan57 said:

So, a caller on WFAN, read a tweet by the friend of a neighbor of @TonyVegas from last week?  Say it aint so!

On 9/22/2024 at 8:44 AM, Dunnie said:

Hell I'd trade the guy for a 2nd and 3rd.to some team thinking they need an edge to make the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

That's a great idea!  We could have paired that with the 2nd rounder teams were lining up to give us for free agent DE Bryce Huff!  Then we could move up and draft Rodgers successor for sure!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Frankie Green said:

Wow I didn't even consider that part about the mandatory fines! Makes it even more dumber! He has no choice but to show up for the 6 games... his fines would almost be more than his pay if he only played 6!!! Seems dum lol

I made this point earlier in the thread but it actually gets worse.  Not only would he be playing the last six games for a net zero salary but any additional games in the playoff will be freebies too :)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I made this point earlier in the thread but it actually gets worse.  Not only would he be playing the last six games for a net zero salary but any additional games in the playoff will be freebies too :)

I have to think that he is going to sit out the season and try to force a trade in the off-season (not sure how though .) Or maybe he just retires.

If he sits out the entire season, he still has to pay the fines, right?

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He's in for a big surprise of his own when he finds out the uniforms have pant legs and no umbrellas.

...oh, and no Tom Selleck.

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2024 at 7:56 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

“I refuse to play 17 games for $14MM, but am willing to play 14 games for $6MM.”

Shrewd.

Only because his name was brought up as a comparison through the holdout, now that I think about it further, Reddick's position becomes:

"I don't want to play out the last year of my contract -- I want to play out the last year of Matt Judon's contract instead."

28 minutes ago, Tooooon said:

I think it’s bizarre how silent things are.  Holdouts usually have some interaction and negotiating, but this seems to be completely dead.  At this point I certainly do not expect a motivated Reddick to show up this year.

I don't expect Reddick to show up at all this season, period.

I've been saying that since the beginning of August.

Yet people keep telling me that I'm wrong.

My response is - Prove that I'm wrong.

I don't believe that I am & honestly, I really don't want this toolbag on our team.

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

And I thought it was crazy at the time, lol. This goes to show how you can never underestimate what a ******* idiot will do. He couldn't have handled this more poorly. All he had to do was show up and hold in. His agent should be fired for allowing him to do this to himself.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Yet people keep telling me that I'm wrong.

My response is - Prove that I'm wrong.

I don't believe that I am & honestly, I really don't want this toolbag on our team.

only time will tell if you're wrong, no one can "prove" anything lol

It would be ridiculously stupid for him to just sit out the entire season. I think he shows up at the latest possible date to get credit for the year. PROVE ME WRONG.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2