Anyone Have Any Good NFL Info Websites (preferably free)?

I'm in a pool where we pick all the games.  I don't know all the offseason goings-on of all the teams.  It would be nice to get a feel for how teams look heading into the season.  I know there are football magazines but those usually have very generic info.  

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm in a pool where we pick all the games.  I don't know all the offseason goings-on of all the teams.  It would be nice to get a feel for how teams look heading into the season.  I know there are football magazines but those usually have very generic info.  

NFL Player News: Latest Reports, Injuries, Transactions - Rotoworld - NBC Sports - NBC Sports

Fairly reliable and pretty timely with updates from multiple sources.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is NOT for a summary of all off seasons, or anything like that. It is strictly for recent news and recent articles, usually only over the last day or two. But:

newsnow.com 

Is a useful news aggregator. It collects up headlines from everywhere related to the given topic, and will sort by sports team. I use this somewhat often when I'm betting to gather up recent articles and takes, particularly for baseball since pitching matchups / recent form / etc can vary so much. 

I find it especially useful to help dig up articles from fan-run websites or other sources Google usually wouldn't highlight. 

Like I said, it won't catch you up on every team's offseason, but it may be useful week to week when you're looking for inside info and details on particular teams and matchups. 

If you're just looking for a refresher on each team before the year, maybe this?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-roster-rankings-all-32-teams-2024-strengths-weaknesses-x-factors

I hate pff but they do have some objectively useful information and writers. Otherwise a magazine might just be the best bet if you're looking to read up on each team, though many may be outdated by now..

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Footballguys does good work with their camp reports, though their OL breakdowns leave something to be desired. (kidding, @bitonti)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Check out FrankPorterHousejr.com

• Haha 1

For news stories...PFT, or if you want to go old school TheRedZone links to newspaper articles around the country top stories at the top follwed by a team by team breakdown For more gambling and fantasy focused there is WalterFootball

• Upvote 4

On 9/3/2024 at 8:32 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Walterfootball has weekly picks for every game and his reasoning for each game pick. If I’m pretty sure about a game and Walterfootball also confirms my thinking then it’s usually a pretty good pick. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Take whoever plays the Patriots.  It is bound to be right 15 or 16 times.  

Heh, it would be about time!  You'll have to forgive me but your 2+ decades of dominance kind of got on my nerves - lol.   Welcome back to the pack. 

But the truth is that the Pats still have a very good defense and Jacoby Brissett is a solid QB.  They'll win some games. 

30 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Heh, it would be about time!  You'll have to forgive me but your 2+ decades of dominance kind of got on my nerves - lol.   Welcome back to the pack. 

But the truth is that the Pats still have a very good defense and Jacoby Brissett is a solid QB.  They'll win some games. 

I think we are behind the pack.  🙁

When I look at Jacoby versus the schedule, I see him on par with about three QBs (Geno, Will Levis and Anthony Richardson).  The latter two I do not think we know what they are yet.  There are only about 5 games including the ones mentioned I can talk myself into an "on any given Sunday".

My hope for the season is this team looks competent.  If they are a tough out even if they are 2-15 or 3-14, I will be happy.

1 minute ago, PFSIKH said:

I think we are behind the pack.  🙁

When I look at Jacoby versus the schedule, I see him on par with about three QBs (Geno, Will Levis and Anthony Richardson).  The latter two I do not think we know what they are yet.  There are only about 5 games including the ones mentioned I can talk myself into an "on any given Sunday".

My hope for the season is this team looks competent.  If they are a tough out even if they are 2-15 or 3-14, I will be happy.

It's all about Drake Maye this year.  If he shows he can be the guy (while getting experience) then it's a successful season for you guys.

52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's all about Drake Maye this year.  If he shows he can be the guy (while getting experience) then it's a successful season for you guys.

No doubt.

After watching JT O'Sullivan's and Kurt Warner's review of the last game, I think I understand why Jacoby is starting.  The one thing both said, Drake had a good feel of pressure in the pocket, but at times he would slide to trouble.  Given the OL, probably a good decision.

4 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

No doubt.

After watching JT O'Sullivan's and Kurt Warner's review of the last game, I think I understand why Jacoby is starting.  The one thing both said, Drake had a good feel of pressure in the pocket, but at times he would slide to trouble.  Given the OL, probably a good decision.

It'll very likely be a bumpy ride his rookie year.  I was thinking too that even if he ends up being a FQB, he'll still be a massive downgrade over what you've gotten accustomed to for 20 years with TB12 - lol.

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It'll very likely be a bumpy ride his rookie year.  I was thinking too that even if he ends up being a FQB, he'll still be a massive downgrade over what you've gotten accustomed to for 20 years with TB12 - lol.

Short of a Patrick Mahomes trade, that goes without saying.  I am old enough to know that will never happen again. 

• Haha 1