**** Official Jets vs Titans Game Thread ****

Pac

1 hour ago, jetswin said:

Lol

Actually Saleh did a nice job with the timeouts today if that is his only game day function. I actually didn't mind the much maligned first half timeout because he's counting on Rodgers to make something happen with a minute on the clock.

loved the mercy timeout for rogers in the 2nd qtr

28 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

What a difference having a QB makes. You could just feel it that when a play needed to be made the most that he was gonna find a way. Can't wait to see the team as they improve week to week.

He can still flick his writs and hit guys in the bread basket.  I just want them to have more of a quicker route tree for him. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He can still flick his writs and hit guys in the bread basket.  I just want them to have more of a quicker route tree for him. 

he still has a little rust. you can see it on those quick passes to the flat. hitting them too low. 

but he will get better. looks more comfortable each week.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, doitny said:

he still has a little rust. you can see it on those quick passes to the flat. hitting them too low. 

but he will get better. looks more comfortable each week.

Agree. He’s nowhere near his capabilities and his timing is off with G5 and that’s going to get better.  The line looked better in the second half too. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Rangers1 said:

I am admittedly a Jets fan with rose colored glasses. But after all this misery that we fans have been through, I am not sure that we can win with this coaching staff. I have no faith in them winning a big game. Can’t help this sentiment after over 60 years of frustration. But as we like to say, Let’s go Jets

I agree. The Jets talent won this game

the Jets themselves...were outcoached

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, shevys said:

We don’t need to STFU about anything, we got jobbed all day long so we were owed. 

Bullsh*t.  If anyone was "jobbed" it was Tenn.  Sauce hold was one of the most blatant non-calls I've ever seen, I've seen assaults with less contact.  And it wasn't the only one, it was just the one in the end zone that should have given Tenn the ball on the 1 and likely changed today's outcome.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bullsh*t.  If anyone was "jobbed" it was Tenn.  Sauce hold was one of the most blatant non-calls I've ever seen, I've seen assaults with less contact.  And it wasn't the only one, it was just the one in the end zone that should have given Tenn the ball on the 1 and likely changed today's outcome.

But keep on whining, homers only see what they want, not exactly news.  

Trading sauce while his value is still artificially high would be an excellent move by this franchise. Echols, Carter and Reed when healthy are fine. Echols actually has a knack for making plays which Sauce does not. Plus the Stiggers guy looked legit this preseason 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Trading sauce while his value is still artificially high would be an excellent move by this franchise. Echols, Carter and Reed when healthy are fine. Echols actually has a knack for making plays which Sauce does not. Plus the Stiggers guy looked legit this preseason 

i am starting to warm to this idea. he wants no business tackling and even if he does hes too skinny and is going to get hurt. plus on that TD he had no sense of where the ball was. looked like he gave up. should have had a INT.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i am starting to warm to this idea. he wants no business tackling and even if he does hes too skinny and is going to get hurt. plus on that TD he had no sense of where the ball was. looked like he gave up. should have had a INT.

He definitely looked lost on that play.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

Just something that ain’t clicking with him. I don’t get the love

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I actually agree with this.

I think he's a bad coach and regularly gets schooled, but the team doesn't quit and it's gotten us a few extra wins.

Yeah, he also may have saved the game. 

If he doesn't burn another timeout, the Jets take another delay of game penalty and it's 2nd and 21 instead of 2nd and 16. We won't know what would've happened, but we don't know if they convert from 21 yards to go; all we know is they made it from 16, and scored the game-winning TD on that same drive. 

There's some blame to the coaches, of course, for enough preparation that leads to that not happening. But in Saleh's defense, Rodgers is supposed to be 1000x the expert Saleh is on game clock awareness.

I guess write it off as rust for now, and it could be beneficial to have multiple such screw-ups and not have it cost them (still come away with the win), in that it's something they should be more hyper-aware of going forward. We'll see. 

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Two things can be true at the same time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Levis is also a big reason. Titans looked to be dominating the jets until he turned it over back to back plays including inside the Jets 10.

Eh isn’t that the drive where JJ was blantantly held on a would be sack and then was called for a BS roughing? Titans had no business being inside the 10

• Upvote 2