Week 3 NFL Game Thread

15 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

how on earth is there a negative feeling towards Mike White by Jets fans? Do you people kick kittens? He's a living saint and I renounce you all 

He sacrificed like 5 ribs for us. Never forget!

6396497273ee4.image.jpg

36 minutes ago, Larz said:

32 teams had a wide open shot to put him on the 53 as a backup. 0 did

I get it.

all I’m saying is that I’ve seen both guys play a handful of times by now and there is zero chance that Thompson is better than White.

Maybe Miami likes Thompson because they drafted him and he started a playoff game for them? idk - all I know is, keeping him over Mike White was a terrible decision. And bringing in Boyle was just insult to injury. Mike White is considerably better than either of those guys. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I get it.

all I’m saying is that I’ve seen both guys play a handful of times by now and there is zero chance that Thompson is better than White.

Maybe Miami likes Thompson because they drafted him and he started a playoff game for them? idk - all I know is, keeping him over Mike White was a terrible decision. And bringing in Boyle was just insult to injury. Mike White is considerably better than either of those guys. 

Maybe it was a salary issue. Thompson makes dick. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s a bad fit for that puny boy offense and both he and McDaniel acknowledged as much. Now he’s on Buffalo where him and Josh Allen take turns launching piss missiles over the Canadian border. 

How do you know he’s even ahead of the immortal Shane Buechele on the depth chart?  He’s obviously not the backup 

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

How do you know he’s even ahead of the immortal Shane Buechele on the depth chart?  He’s obviously not the backup 

Shane Beuchele is on IR. 

Look, Mike White isn’t a great QB. He holds the ball, he’s not mobile, he takes hits and gets injured. But he’s a fighter, an excellent, beloved teammate who keeps his head down, plays hurt, sacrifices for the squad, and does his best. When he’s called upon to play, he goes to war for his team and his teammates proudly follow him into battle. Mike White is what they call “a dude.” Mike White is the best of America. You guys can hate on him all you want because he performed in a way that exposed Zach Wilson as a fraud both on and off the field—and what a nut-punch that was for the Zachistanis; to have this journeyman nobody come in and immediately take over the locker room and New York City alike—but the history is the history. Mike White was pursued by and signed with two of the teams who know him best, in the division, while Zach Wilson was a castaway throw-in to a rebuilding Denver team, where he serves as Sean Payton’s little third-string vanity project. In this house, we honor the Mike Whites of the world, for they are the aspirational north star of what we should want the world to be. 

IMG_5632.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Shane Beuchele is on IR. 

Look, Mike White isn’t a great QB. He holds the ball, he’s not mobile, he takes hits and gets injured. But he’s a fighter, an excellent, beloved teammate who keeps his head down, plays hurt, sacrifices for the squad, and does his best. When he’s called upon to play, he goes to war for his team and his teammates proudly follow him into battle. Mike White is what they call “a dude.” Mike White is the best of America. You guys can hate on him all you want because he performed in a way that exposed Zach Wilson as a fraud both on and off the field—and what a nut-punch that was for the Zachistanis; to have this journeyman nobody come in and immediately take over the locker room and New York City alike—but the history is the history. Mike White was pursued by and signed with two of the teams who know him best, in the division, while Zach Wilson was a castaway throw-in to a rebuilding Denver team, where he serves as Sean Payton’s little third-string vanity project. In this house, we honor the Mike Whites of the world, for they are the aspirational north star of what we should want the world to be. 

IMG_5632.jpeg

Can’t believe you fell for that lol 

If Beuchele doesn’t get hurt White is out of the league  

You fell for the banana in the tailpipe. I didn’t. takes more than politicking for me. 

He’s at the same level as Adrian Marinez. It’s over bruh

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I get it.

32 GMs disagree 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Shane Beuchele is on IR. 

Look, Mike White isn’t a great QB. He holds the ball, he’s not mobile, he takes hits and gets injured. But he’s a fighter, an excellent, beloved teammate who keeps his head down, plays hurt, sacrifices for the squad, and does his best. When he’s called upon to play, he goes to war for his team and his teammates proudly follow him into battle. Mike White is what they call “a dude.” Mike White is the best of America. You guys can hate on him all you want because he performed in a way that exposed Zach Wilson as a fraud both on and off the field—and what a nut-punch that was for the Zachistanis; to have this journeyman nobody come in and immediately take over the locker room and New York City alike—but the history is the history. Mike White was pursued by and signed with two of the teams who know him best, in the division, while Zach Wilson was a castaway throw-as Sean Payton’s little third-string vanity project. In this house, we honor the Mike Whites of the world, for they are the aspirational north star of what we should want the world to be. 

IMG_5632.jpeg

Sad Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Weak? I’m exhausted. (You’re not a gambler, I take it?)

I’m dead from Thursday, but my cousin’s little one had a big pee-wee game today, lol.

Not really.  Wedding to pay for and all that jazz 😅.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

OK, some time in I believe the mid 80's (somebody correct me if I'm wrong, it may have been the 1990's) The New York Jets signed a bunch of guys (7 or 8 random dudes) from other teams practice squads at the end of training camp, not understanding the rules of the transaction and that they were obligated to carry every one of them on their 53 man roster. They had to CUT guys that had made the final roster to make room for the additions, and ****ed their roster up completely. True Story.

Now THATS a "blunder". 

Now that’s also a blunder.

I really don’t know why you’re working this hard to refute my criticism. I mean, do you also root for the IRS during tax season?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

White wants to throw it vertical. Old school. Macho. McDaniel wants everything horizontal. Gen Z sh*t. Puke baby.

Mike White’s best games came under LaFleur and his offense is as horizontal as it gets, lol.

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Shane Beuchele is on IR. 

IMG_5632.jpeg

Mike White was 2-5 with the Jets with a 75.4 passer rating. Trash.

Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1